Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 8/15/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Becca LSC provided gave me sheer very dewy coverage in a perfect colour match. It didn't highlight my dry spots and with powder on top, lasts all day.

I use Olive and Bamboo depending on the time of year. I range from nc35 (winter) to nc42 (deep tan).

My Skin and Expectations.
When you have a hard to match skintone the elusive pull of Becca products can be a strong but expensive endevour. I paid a lot of money for Becca products (shipping and duties)

I have acne prone combination skin. A very oily T zone and very dry cheeks. I get flakes sometimes, I get blackheads, I have large pores, my skin is not a smooth canvas. I also have hyperpigmentation scars and unevenness in my skin. I wanted this to even out and make my face look smooth but i never expected it to cover scars.

It did just that! I have this with the Becca Powders, and honestly just LSC and the powder can make a lovely no makeup makeup base. The loose powder can look cakey when layered, but it's a really lovely TM.

If you have trouble with skin texture (fine lines, pores, flakes, bumps) This product will help smooth them out and won't highlight unevenness. I LOVE this aspect of the product because most foundations highlight my awful skin texture and in the end, I look aged flakey and bumpy (Nars sheer glow, SFF).

Without powder, this look greasy on my nose after a few hours and starts to fade. I need more coverage on my scars and to make my face flawless. I have dark patches and clusters of scars, I also have redness around my nose, this doesn't cover any of it. This is in NOT a stand alone product unless you have amazing skin.

This also has a lot of emollients in it and I always use an oil based cleanser (Pond's cold cream) to take it off at night, followed by a gentle cleanser (my fav is avene) to cleanse the skin. If you don't use an oil based cleanser this will leave residue on the skin and some of it's lest stellar ingredients (isopropyl myrastate) can easily cause breakouts.

If you have breakout prone, combination or oily skin, and you pair this with a sunscreen with oil in it, or a moisturizer with lots of oil, you are begging for a breakout.

I think the Packaging is cute. I like that I can see how much is left, the pump dispenses a good amount. However it is cheap. Drop the bottle one and chances are the cap will break. I have several Becca products with this cap and half of them are chipped or cracked. One has the silver spaceship top missing. Becca, make a better cap, you charge an arm and a leg for a small amount of product.

Would I buy it again? If money was not a factor yes I would, the finish is dewy and glowy and lovely, especially for winter, however I'm exploring cheaper alternatives.

on 8/5/2012 9:27:00 PM

UPDATE: For some ineffable reason, I purchased this product (in Sand, then exchanged for Cashmere) and I have to say my opinion about it has not changed. 1) The ingredients I listed below are indeed those in the current formulation. The current formulation *does* contain Avobenzone + Octinoxate with no stabilizers, which makes it, in theory at least, a crappy sunscreen. 2) This covers nothing, nada, zero, zip. In fact, I can't even tell where I've applied it and where I haven't, because it literally looks like nothing on my skin and changes nothing about my skin. 3) I maintain that the color range is too yellow. The only truly cool color for light-skinned women is the Porcelain, which is way too light for most of us. Cashmere, the second coolest color in the light group, is really more of a neutral. The other supposed "neutrals" starting with Sand are really yellow. I owned Sand for awhile and it made me look jaundiced although I'm not even that pink. 3) Trying desperately to make myself like this product, I went ahead and "invested" (ugh) in a Becca #58 foundation/concealer brush to apply this with, plus the Becca Resurfacing Primer, the Stick Foundation, the Compact Concealer, and the Fine Loose Powder. All together, they look fine, if a little yellow (there aren't really any light cool shades in the Stick Foundation or Compact Concealer, either). However, in no way is the result any more remarkable than what I can get in *one* step from UD Naked Skin, NARS Sheer Glow, or Ellis Faas Skin Veil....or MUFE Full Cover Concealer, for that matter. All of the above are both more natural and more flawless than the Becca result, at least for me...and God knows they are quicker and cheaper (...yes, even you, Ellis Faas).

Seeing the glowing MUA reviews for this product--and the general unrestrained love for Becca by everyone in the beauty community--makes me think I must be in a parallel universe, or missing a part of my brain, or woefully deceived by my makeup mirror, or something equally terrifying. I simply do *not* understand what people see in these products. They take a lot of time and energy and money to produce a result that is today commonplace. There may not have been any natural-looking, high-performance foundations on the market when Rebecca Morris Williams created her brand, but there are now and this "system" is not necessary.

This is not intended to be a full review of the product, as I do not own it and have only tested it out in the store. *However,* I will for sure not be buying it, and here is why.

--Color selection is actually not all that great. Most of the pale colors (Sand, Camel, Nude, and to a lesser extent Cashmere) are neutral to yellow. Cashmere was the coolest I could get, but it was too light for my skin. The next cool shade was far too dark. So if you're cool-toned but not ghostly fair (or you're usually fair but you want something to use in the summer), good luck finding a perfect match in this product.

--As others have said, this is not actually a foundation. In fact, it's not even a tinted moisturizer. It has far less coverage than most tinted moisturizers and BB creams, and way less than even the sheerest, lightest-coverage foundations. If you're wondering how much it will cover, the answer is zero. I'm not even convinced it does anything to even the skin tone or correct redness. It's basically a translucent highlighter/dewifier except that it comes in skin colors rather than highlighter colors.

I guess I just don't get it. Why add foundation-looking makeup to your face when it's not going to do anything about your imperfections? If you don't have any imperfections, then why not go bare? If you do have imperfections, there are foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams that look beautifully natural and actually cover them. Apologies to all the die-hard Becca fans, but this makes no sense.

--The ingredients are so good that I could see using this as one's daily moisturizer. (Note: I don't know if this has been reformulated or what, but the ingredients on my bottle were different from those on the Becca website. I'll post the ingredients that were on my bottle below.)

HOWEVER, the sunscreen is terrible. Never mind PPD or SPF; this sunscreen is horribly photounstable. Its active ingredients are Homosalate, Avobenzone, and Octinoxate (!), which is a horrible combination that will provide extremely short-lived protection (think 2 hours or less). You'd think Aussies would know their sunscreen. It's possible that the formula has been changed and the sunscreen ingredients are now better, but I haven't been able to find any online ingredient listing that includes the sunscreen actives. Even Becca's own website omits them altogether. Bad, bad, bad!

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima Oil Unsaponifiables (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, BHT, Sodium Benzoate, Fructose, Glycine, Inositol, Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, Urea, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850]

on 7/19/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Have tried all ecpensive brands armani, laura mercier,estte lauder, chanel,bobbi brown,chantelle, la mer and many more. I am 70 with fairly good skin with a few red marks, I mix the foundation with the pearl luminator the result is nothing short of fabulous. It gives a natural dewy glow without a makeup look. Evens out skin tone and I use a concealer to cover my red spots. Just love this product. My husband never gives compliments on my makeup, he did with this. comment your skin looks dewy

on 7/3/2012 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sheer coverage. feels luxuriously soft n light on the skin. get this if u have already good skin and are looking for smth to even out any slight redness or skintone and if u like dewy skin.

im nc25 and i got camel and its a perfect colour match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After seeing this product being raved on youtube by the pixiwoo sisters on youtube , ive always been curious of this product. i just kinda happened to stumble upon this product at walgreens ; priced at 44$ dollars i thought it was kind of expensive but i thought what they hey ?
i got it in the color bamboo which suits NC35-40 skin complexions . i think the color olive would be good too , olive is bit lighter . when i first tried this i found it very luminous/dewy. but i don't know what it was i used a dual fiber brush to apply it with and the the product was coming off as little clayish balls . i dont know how to describe it, a bit strange . so i hated it . but for the price i payed for it there was no way i was gonna let this have its way. i used a different moisturiser and it applied like a dream . this is very light but buildable coverage , it doesnt break me out and and it matches my skin perfectly . i set it with a translucent powder and it stays semi matte . im pretty content with this product but i feel that i want to try something different

on 6/16/2012 9:34:00 PM

This is a fantastic tinted moisturizer (toast, and I am NW20-25) as it applies light but just gives a luminous glow to skin. It does have a scent, but it is tolerable for me. I followed this with the boudouir powder in dream which appears a little yellow in the compact, but over the t-zone blends beautifully. I want to get the radiance primer, but it is out of stock everywhere. I look forward to trying to the whole system. I am really enjoying the becca products.

on 6/14/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Sigh, Becca. I used this for several years on end because Becca was so far ahead of the dewy curve all those years ago, but now compared to all the other formulations out there, the legendary LSC is starting to show its age. I stopped using this maybe 2 or 3 years ago when I tested the Chantecaille waters and basically jumped ship. The Chantecaille was just so much lighter and my skin looked so much fresher (plus! no smell!). Recently I decided I missed the LSC and was ready to revisit it, so I got a couple of packets of samples from Becca and man. I forgot how thick and tacky and wet this goes on. Don't get me wrong, I love dewy. I have dry skin so dewy is my fave. But where people assume heavy = moisturizing, they also discount the fact that there is heavy and cakey, as well as light and moisturizing. Becca unfortunately falls in the former category. I mean I'm guessing it's the sunscreen in it that makes it so... thick, but the product also kind of looks... present in some areas. Like a powdery residue. Coverage-wise, this is really almost zero, as is staying power. I barely see any left on my cotton pad at the end of the night whereas my Chantecaille Just Skin/Bourjois 10-Hour Sleep require about 2-3 pads to remove entirely. I still give it 2 stars instead of 1 because it really isn't that bad considering. It just needs an overhaul, a rethinking...

on 6/13/2012 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

After using mineral and powder foundation for the longest time (which I was starting to get sick of) I decided to make the switch to something more lighter and natural. I don't like to be too heavily made up, I generally only wear some foundation and blush and that's it. I've been looking at the Becca brand for a long time and decided to make the splurge - I'm glad I did, I find their products to be so gorgeous!

Anyway as for the product itself yes it's quite sheer (the clue is in the name) but not that sheer to me actually it gives me quite a lot of coverage and lasts from the moment I leave the house for work until I get back home. I don't experience any shine or any other issues, just constant lovely coverage right through the day. I do think that you need to set it with some powder though as I'm not sure how well this product would fare on it's own.

Becca say that you could forego your moisturiser and just use their TM on it's own. I personally wouldn't got that far. My skin has improved dramatically and that's just by ensuring that it's adequately hydrated so I apply my regular moisturiser and leave for about 20 minutes before applying the TM.

Yes it is expensive, but you get what you pay for in my experience. I will definitely repurchase.

For those that find that this doesn't last, I would use it with a good primer. I've started using Laura Mercier Radiance Primer and it really does work wonder with keeping your foundation in place.

on 6/3/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Becca Luminous Skin Color is a nice, sheer foundation/tinted moisturizer. It has a gel-like formula that is easy to blend onto the skin. I have this foundation/tinted moisturizer in Cashmere (for reference, I am MAC NC20), and it is a great color match.

Some things to consider are the following: 1) I think some oily-skinned individuals may not like the feel of this foundation--it may be more well-suited for individuals with slightly drier skin because it feels like it has more moisturizing properties to it, 2) the feel of this foundation is unique compared to other liquid/gel foundations I have tried in that it leaves the skin feeling a bit sticky to the touch. The stickiness isn't too bad, but it's definitely something that I have noticed and often touch my face for, 3) if you use the Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ (a highly-ranked sunscreen for it's relatively non-toxic ingredients, as listed on the Environmental Working Group website), you will want to steer away from this foundation--the combination of the two is unfortunately incompatible (the foundation binds to the sunscreen leading to unattractive balling of the sunscreen and foundation on the face, almost like you were scrubbing your face of dead skin cells). This is nothing against the sunscreen itself--the sunscreen is great, just don't pair it with this foundation, and 4) the foundation will harden and plug up the pump if you don't use it in a while. This last point will not be an issue if you are someone who doesn't experiment and change up foundations frequently.

As others have said this is very sheer but somehow this makes my skin look great! Although I don't have perfect skin (it's getting better but still have acne scars and redness) but I still love this product. It feels great like you're not wearing anything, it adds luminosity, has sun protection and other good-for-skin ingredients, and works well as a tinted moisturizer or as a primer for another foundation for days when you want more coverage.

I will never be without this product agin, I hope it's never discontinued!