August 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ingrid41

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have tried all ecpensive brands armani, laura mercier,estte lauder, chanel,bobbi brown,chantelle, la mer and many more. I am 70 with fairly good skin with a few red marks, I mix the foundation with the pearl luminator the result is nothing short of fabulous. It gives a natural dewy glow without a makeup look. Evens out skin tone and I use a concealer to cover my red spots. Just love this product. My husband never gives compliments on my makeup, he did with this. comment your skin looks dewy

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by spunkha

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sheer coverage. feels luxuriously soft n light on the skin. get this if u have already good skin and are looking for smth to even out any slight redness or skintone and if u like dewy skin.

im nc25 and i got camel and its a perfect colour match.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Annagianopoulous

After seeing this product being raved on youtube by the pixiwoo sisters on youtube , ive always been curious of this product. i just kinda happened to stumble upon this product at walgreens ; priced at 44$ dollars i thought it was kind of expensive but i thought what they hey ?
i got it in the color bamboo which suits NC35-40 skin complexions . i think the color olive would be good too , olive is bit lighter . when i first tried this i found it very luminous/dewy. but i don't know what it was i used a dual fiber brush to apply it with and the the product was coming off as little clayish balls . i dont know how to describe it, a bit strange . so i hated it . but for the price i payed for it there was no way i was gonna let this have its way. i used a different moisturiser and it applied like a dream . this is very light but buildable coverage , it doesnt break me out and and it matches my skin perfectly . i set it with a translucent powder and it stays semi matte . im pretty content with this product but i feel that i want to try something different

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by esmeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic tinted moisturizer (toast, and I am NW20-25) as it applies light but just gives a luminous glow to skin. It does have a scent, but it is tolerable for me. I followed this with the boudouir powder in dream which appears a little yellow in the compact, but over the t-zone blends beautifully. I want to get the radiance primer, but it is out of stock everywhere. I look forward to trying to the whole system. I am really enjoying the becca products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Adara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sigh, Becca. I used this for several years on end because Becca was so far ahead of the dewy curve all those years ago, but now compared to all the other formulations out there, the legendary LSC is starting to show its age. I stopped using this maybe 2 or 3 years ago when I tested the Chantecaille waters and basically jumped ship. The Chantecaille was just so much lighter and my skin looked so much fresher (plus! no smell!). Recently I decided I missed the LSC and was ready to revisit it, so I got a couple of packets of samples from Becca and man. I forgot how thick and tacky and wet this goes on. Don't get me wrong, I love dewy. I have dry skin so dewy is my fave. But where people assume heavy = moisturizing, they also discount the fact that there is heavy and cakey, as well as light and moisturizing. Becca unfortunately falls in the former category. I mean I'm guessing it's the sunscreen in it that makes it so... thick, but the product also kind of looks... present in some areas. Like a powdery residue. Coverage-wise, this is really almost zero, as is staying power. I barely see any left on my cotton pad at the end of the night whereas my Chantecaille Just Skin/Bourjois 10-Hour Sleep require about 2-3 pads to remove entirely. I still give it 2 stars instead of 1 because it really isn't that bad considering. It just needs an overhaul, a rethinking...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lushness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using mineral and powder foundation for the longest time (which I was starting to get sick of) I decided to make the switch to something more lighter and natural. I don't like to be too heavily made up, I generally only wear some foundation and blush and that's it. I've been looking at the Becca brand for a long time and decided to make the splurge - I'm glad I did, I find their products to be so gorgeous!

Anyway as for the product itself yes it's quite sheer (the clue is in the name) but not that sheer to me actually it gives me quite a lot of coverage and lasts from the moment I leave the house for work until I get back home. I don't experience any shine or any other issues, just constant lovely coverage right through the day. I do think that you need to set it with some powder though as I'm not sure how well this product would fare on it's own.

Becca say that you could forego your moisturiser and just use their TM on it's own. I personally wouldn't got that far. My skin has improved dramatically and that's just by ensuring that it's adequately hydrated so I apply my regular moisturiser and leave for about 20 minutes before applying the TM.

Yes it is expensive, but you get what you pay for in my experience. I will definitely repurchase.

For those that find that this doesn't last, I would use it with a good primer. I've started using Laura Mercier Radiance Primer and it really does work wonder with keeping your foundation in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by soitgoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Becca Luminous Skin Color is a nice, sheer foundation/tinted moisturizer. It has a gel-like formula that is easy to blend onto the skin. I have this foundation/tinted moisturizer in Cashmere (for reference, I am MAC NC20), and it is a great color match.

Some things to consider are the following: 1) I think some oily-skinned individuals may not like the feel of this foundation--it may be more well-suited for individuals with slightly drier skin because it feels like it has more moisturizing properties to it, 2) the feel of this foundation is unique compared to other liquid/gel foundations I have tried in that it leaves the skin feeling a bit sticky to the touch. The stickiness isn't too bad, but it's definitely something that I have noticed and often touch my face for, 3) if you use the Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ (a highly-ranked sunscreen for it's relatively non-toxic ingredients, as listed on the Environmental Working Group website), you will want to steer away from this foundation--the combination of the two is unfortunately incompatible (the foundation binds to the sunscreen leading to unattractive balling of the sunscreen and foundation on the face, almost like you were scrubbing your face of dead skin cells). This is nothing against the sunscreen itself--the sunscreen is great, just don't pair it with this foundation, and 4) the foundation will harden and plug up the pump if you don't use it in a while. This last point will not be an issue if you are someone who doesn't experiment and change up foundations frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by makeuplove55

As others have said this is very sheer but somehow this makes my skin look great! Although I don't have perfect skin (it's getting better but still have acne scars and redness) but I still love this product. It feels great like you're not wearing anything, it adds luminosity, has sun protection and other good-for-skin ingredients, and works well as a tinted moisturizer or as a primer for another foundation for days when you want more coverage.

I will never be without this product agin, I hope it's never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by mgfer

I discovered this makeup recently through Pixiwoo blog and I have to thank them for that. I am currently loving other 2 makeups as well (Armani luminous silk and By Terry sheer expert) but each one for a different purpose.

This one (Becca) complements the others perfectly. This is similar to Terry´s 'Sheer expert' talking about coverage and finish (INCREDIBLY NATURAL) so same properties as the 'Sheer expert' but also contains reliable sunscreen (25+) and this is the bonus of this makeup against the others.

I would not use this to go to the office, as I prefer not to wear sunscreen if it is not necessary, but it saves my life when I go out on a sunny day and want to look perfect without looking like I am wearing make up.

Do not use if you have to cover many blemishes as it will not work (it is something in between a tinted moisturizer and a make up). Although need to say that it will totally cover minor blemishes.

Besides: it really moisturizes my skin, does not irritate at all and no breakouts at all after some months of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by fvger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the product I wanted to love 6 years ago (the whole Becca ethos was so appealing), but at the time LSC and my hormonal acne-prone skin did not get on at all. Last summer I walked past a Becca counter (rare sight these days), got chatting with the MUA and decided to try the mineral powder along with the LSC again. To cut a long story short, I have been wearing LSC almost every day ever since. My skin issues have more or less settled and now being in my mid 30s I enjoy the luminosity I get from the LSC. My skin definitely looks much better (and younger) with it on, even though it does not cover much. I use a mineral sunscreen first as I have some hyperpigmentation and then apply LSC liberally. For extra coverage I sometimes use the stick foundation on red areas, but other times I just mix in a tiny amount of Dior forever foundation. I don't even use concealer, only powder. I like Becca's loose powder, mineral pressed powder or Laura Mercier's universal powder, all work well on the T zone after the LSC. Of course I need to blot a couple of times during the day, but the LSC outlasts my 12-hour working days. It's also reasonable value as it lasts around 4 months with daily usage.