September 22, 2014 | 853 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have full brows that the tail of my brows always wants to do its own thing. This clear gel keeps them neat and as a bonus helps my brow powder stay on much better. No flaking. Love love love! I can't imagine Anastasia doing a better job at $24 when this was only $2.

Con: Sometimes hard to get proper amound of product on wand. The gel sticks to sides of tube and you have to work to get the wand to the product. That description sucks. I hope you can figure out what I mean. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by TassiaE

I've already repurchased this product several times and I really love it! I use both ends as a clear brow gel and it keeps my brows in place all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the brow side for my brows and the lash side for my bottom lashes for $1 It a Must have for me!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ShinyDiamond

I definitely was looking for a cheap clear brow gel when purchasing this and I'm glad I did :D I use both sides as clear brow gel for I don't see the difference in the product except for the brush on each side. Nevertheless I believe that this product doesn't serve it's purposes as a mascara well because it didn't hold my curl, but for brow gel it's a perfect fit ^-^ it's very easy to apply, goes on wet and dries into nice shape and lasts the whole day. I highly recommend this go to product and it lasted me a good 3-4 months with frequent use \(^0^)/ this ELF product is a winner!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging: I like the packaging of this product. It has one end for your brows and one end for your lashes. It's simple and easy to use.

Price: I think that the price of this product is unbeatable! $1 and this will last you a while!

Pros:
-You get a lot of product for the $1 you pay for.
-It has good hold for your brows.
-Can be used by itself

Cons:
-The staying power is great— unless you swear or get wet.
-Flakes off and leaves white specks

Texture: It's more liquidy than gel-like in my opinion, but it gets thicker as it fries up.

Smell: None

Impressions/Comments:
-I really liked this when I first put it on. For $1, it's a steal and a staple in all of my makeup routines. When I'm having a lazy day, I just put this on my brows to tame them. I don't know why, but they just feel fuller after I apply this. I only use this product for my brows, so I can't say anything about how it is as a mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks pretty when first applied but found out that it leaves flakey stuff on my eyebrows haha. I mean I actually don't need anything for my eyebrows but I wanted to try this anyways. It was only a dollar so I didn't lose much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few times now, despite not completely loving it because it's just too good of a deal to pass up. Every so often I'll buy slightly pricier, but still inexpensive Maybelline's clear Great Lash instead, but it doesn't quite have the holding power this $1 product does.

I'm pretty blessed in the brow department (thanks dad!), in that some of my eyebrows are actually longer than my eyelashes. I've never been fond of trimming my eyebrow hairs, so I try to incorporate a clear gel to tame and set my brows. Occasionally, I will use tube lip balm as an eyebrow wax, but it tends to evaporate throughout the day and requires me to reapply. This stuff is pretty hardcore, it applies fairly wet and glossy, but dries very much to a stiff unmovable product on your eyebrows. Maybe I'm using too much (I swipe excess away with my fingers), but it does flake off in tiny white bits if you happen to disturb your brows an hour or so after application! The flakes are quite visible on my black eyebrows, so that is the biggest con of this product for me. I've never noticed Maybelline's Great Lash flaking to the extent of this one, but then again, it's a softer, more pliable formula.

Also this is definitely not the least bit waterproof, but given that it's clear, it doesn't really leave much of a mess when it starts to breakdown from sweat and whatnot, unless you've also applied colored brow powder.

Nonetheless, on most days it seems to fare moderately well for keeping my rowdy brows in place. I've never used it as a clear mascara on my eyelashes, but I imagine it might be a tad too stiff of a formula. I'm positive there are better products out there, but for $1 a pop, it's good to have this around as part of my eyebrow routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never wear mascara but I made an exception for this transparant and colourless gloss which I use without applying another mascara on top of it.I am satisfied with a product that defines my eyelashes in a subtle way and this does the job perfectly. It elongates and curles the eyelashes and conditions them at the same time. That is more than enough for me and all I want in the end. I am clumsy when it comes to applying coloured or black mascara's and always end up looking like a racoon at the end of the day. This is a great alternative for a real mascara as far as I'm concerned and very affordable. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bbguntwinkletitts

love it, should wear mascara with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this one before, and I had to get it again. I was without it for a few months and realized how much I needed it again! I don't have bushy eyebrows, but this does an amazing job at keeping my brows in place all day.