July 30, 2014 | 1990 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Shaz809

I feel bad for giving this an average review - I really did not like the texture of this. I used it for my lips and my toenails (just hated it for my finger nails, drove me mad). Yes it did moisturize but it did'nt WOW me. Very had to get out - unless the room I left it in was very warm. Would not get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by caligal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I'm in agreement with all the other positive reviews. I, specifically, have noticed my elbows go from dry and flaky to super soft in 2 weeks! I used it every night for 2 weeks.

My teenage daughter had dry elbows too and when I showed her she actually sat at touched my skin and stared for a minute! I'm working on my heels. I haven't been as consistent because I walk barefoot and keep thinking I'll put it on when I go to bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by wrinklefree

All I can say is "WOW". I had a recent visit to the dentist where she noticed I had chapped lips. She recommended this product and I went out and bought it that day from Walmart ($10). Instantly I had relief from the cracking on my lips. It stays on my lips longer than any lip balm I have tried. I apply it before bed and I can still feel it on my lips when I wake up. My lips have healed completely in just 3 days. In the meantime I decided to see how it would work on my hands and cuticles. My hands take a horrible beating since I work in a hospital. I wash my hands constantly and use foam alcohol too. I had cracked, chapped, and peeling skin. I applied this at night as well. I have cotton gloves but don't wear them since I wake up with them off (I guess in my sleep I don't like them lol). I apply it to my palm and let it sit for about 30 secs while it melts. It is very thick and won't spread well straight out of the tube. I then take the melted product and apply it to each finger cuticle and then to the spaces between my fingers. Then I just rub whatever is left onto both hands. Just enough to provide a very light coating. I wake up with healed and beautiful cuticles. My hands look the best they have in years. I wash my hands in the morning and the skin still looks wonderful so it is truly healed and not just coated with a product. I highly recommend this product and wish I had known about it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by AndryaAndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE lanolin and can't recommend it enough. The hype is absolutely warranted.
I use it for hands and cuticles, as well as on my lips, and it is EXCELLENT for both purposes.
I rub it into my cuticles during the day, and often at night will use it as a full hand moisturizer with cotton gloves on top. This will really turn the condition of your cuticles around. It works fast and any dryness will be gone, leaving you smooth, healthy looking cuticles.
Absolutely wonderful as a lip treatment, too! I use it at night and in the morning it is still on my lips (this stuff really lasts and doesn't rub or wear off!). I wake to super soft, smooth, and really plumped up lips. I'm a big fan of Aquaphor, but feel that this outperforms it and takes the cake.
It's heavenly on dry patches on the body, too - elbows, knees, etc..

It just works really, really well, it works fast, and it lasts and lasts. I love that it feels like it forms a protective coating and really doesn't wear off as it's softening your skin. And the fact that it's a multi-purpose product is wonderful.
Get yourself to the baby care aisle at the supermarket and pick up a purple tube. For about $10, the amount you get is a STEAL. You do need to squeeze the tube a bit to get the lanolin to come out, and it is a bit hard in consistency at the get-go, but the warmth from your skin will warm it up nicely and it will become spreadable quite easily.
Super cheap, super effective - it's no wonder it's HG material for so many of us!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTELY HG product. This stuff is superb for any dry skin you have, anywhere! Eyes, lips, elbows, cuticles, feet, knees, even ends of hair, etc. It is a thick, yellowish ointment but goes on clear. Harder to spread than petroleum jelly, but lasts longer on. Of course, some people are allergic to lanolin, so test a spot 1st if you aren't sure. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and hae never had a single problem w/ this stuff. It is usually in the nursing mother's / baby care section of drugstores, as it is made for mothers to use on their breasts when breastfeeding. Can't recommend it enough. Should be in every1's medicine cabinet or skin care basket.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Thena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG lip balm! For many years, I used Vaseline/Petroleum jelly on my lips at night, but I wanted to find an alternative. These reviews helped me discover the best lip balm yet. I'm a lip product junkie and have used all the major lip balm brands over the years: Burts, Blistex, Soft Lips, Chapstick, Carmex, Fresh and more. While those products soothe chapped lips or temporarily protects them, this lanolin is the only one I've found that does those things AND add significant moisture to my lips.

When I wake up in the morning, my lips appear plumper and they are really easy to exfoliate. I've had my tube for a year now, and I think it's just half way done. There is no scent or discernible taste. The cons: you have to heat it up a little to squeeze it out and it's not a good base for other lip products. Small issues for an otherwise fantastic product!

As a knitter, I know how fantastic lanolin in the wash can maintain your wool garments. As an animal oil resembling human sebum, it is great for any dry skin as well. In Canada, I bought it for around $13 at the Shoppers Drug Mart which is the only place I've seen this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I see I will be a minority here but I did not like it too much for my dry lips and I had such high expectations... I was drawn to it by reading good reviews here and by many raving about it on boards. However it did little to my lips, it just sit on top of them and that's about it. It did not sink in and moisturizer them. Maybe it is good as a protectant in the cold weather but I did not feel like it helped me with my overly dry cracked lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have for protection in dry, windy, freezing weather. The melting point is higher than vaseline-based stuff, so it stays on a lot better than vaseline, aquaphor, etc. Proof- you can't even spread it easily if the container has been stored in a cool place. A layer will stay on your lips through eating/drinking so you will not have to constantly re-apply to maintain protection. You only need a tiny amount, like 1/4 of a pea-sized blob. Use it at night on chapped lips and the skin will likely be soft enough in the morning that you can remove all flaky skin easily w/a moist washcloth. I would probably not be able to wear lipstick at all in the winter w/o this product. A tube lasts forever and it doesn't smell or irritate, unlike unpurified lanolin, which is problematic in both respects. Also good for cuticles & preventing/healing hangnails. They also sell it in wee 0.25 oz tubes that are a little more convenient to carry around but cost more per volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by johnsmommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing as a nipple cream, lip balm, knee/elbow, and any other patch of dry skin. Lasts forever too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

price: just under $10 at walmart. the tube will last a LONG time-- years, i'd say
packaging: a squeeze tube. its not made to be a lip product, and the tube is perfect for its intended use.

my lips are the kind that always seem to be dry. in high school i applied lip products religiously-- every 20 minutes i was putting something on. in all fairness, i HAVE been on accutane a handful of times, so i imagine if my skin has been permanently dried out a bit, my lips probably are as well. for this reason, i've never been a fan of lipstick. no matter how much i exfoliate my lips before putting it on, it never looks good.

there HAVE been some other lip products i've been happy with. i really like chagrin valley's avocado butter. its cheap, and goes on soooo nicely. BUT, its sometimes too think for my taste, and comes in a pot thats inconvenient. i also like burts bees-- the acai berry one, ONLY the acai berry one. and if i remember to apply either of those once or twice a day my lips would be fine. not perfectly smooth or anything, but comfortable.

so far i have very high hopes for this. its a lot thicker than i expected it to be, and the 1st time i put it on i put on WAAAAAYYYY too much. lesson learned! it has (for me, at least) absolutely no taste. and this is hard to explain, but it sinks in AND sits on top of my lips. i imagine if i only put on the TINIEST bit it would probably all skink in, but i like to have some extra to continue to rub in every so often. I've only been using this for a couple of days, but so far i'm thinking this is my HG lip treatment!

i'll update tihs again later after i experment with using less and with using it with lipstick and with wearing it overnight. wish me luck!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No