October 23, 2014 | 1138 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mlq490

I really like this.
I wanted a mascara that gave me clean separation and length, and a brush without clumps, just what this advertised. I have really sparse, short lashes, so often volumizing mascaras just get way too much product on my lashes and they start to stick together a lot, which looks hilarious. Cover Girl totally wins in making a mascara targeted to me, this also is in a bright purple tube :) and just screams "young person using cheap drugstore makeup". But whatever, this totally works. Each of my lashes are individually highlighted and lengthened, and it does make me look like I have more and thicker lashes without being a very volumizing mascara. This waterproof formula also hold my curl wonderfully.
There is one problem though, and that's the smudging. After I'm about halfway through my day I'll notice a tiny bit of gray under my eyes, and then more accumulates until I end up with racoon eyes unless I wipe the mascara off my skin. But it's controllable as long as you remember to wipe occasionally.
This is a great mascara for natural looking lashes but obviously this isn't the mascara for you if you want volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No matter what I read, no matter what I try, I'm just not a fan of Cover Girl mascaras! After the raving reviews on CG LashBlast Volume, I tried it and found that the brush was just plain ridiculous especially for my small Asian eyes and it was horrible at holding a curl. Didn't really volumize as much as it was promised and forget about length. So I decided to try Lash Exact WP...OMG I hated it.

Cons:
- No volume...AT ALL (i know, it's not for that purpose but still)
- No length
- Smells like death
- Flakes like crazy
- Stiff lashes
- Impossible to remove - lost a lot of lashes in the process
- Wet formula that makes my lashes feel crunchy, which I can't stand!

Pros:
- I like the brush...that's about it. Oh, and it doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YEAH!!!! Finally a WP mascara that holds the curl all day! I have searched for over a year to find one and thanks to all the reviews from the gals here on Makeup Alleiy I tried this one and hope they never discontinue it. I even emailed Cover Girl telling them how great it is and pleading they never discontinue this product. I keep looking in the mirror to check my lashes, and yes, they are still curled! The product doesn't give big volume but that's OK with me. I just want my lashes to stay curled so I can see them. Thanks again to all of you for stating over and over that your lashes stayed curled. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT mascara for my stick straight lashes! I use this every day. First I curl my stubborn Asian lashes with Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Curler. It makes it so incredibly easy for me (plus, it's really cheap too!) Then I apply this mascara. It lengthens and defines my lashes without clumping. And best of all, it holds the curl throughout the WHOLE day. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current HG. I much prefer it to LB WP. It does not flake or smudge on me at all, gives me nice length, separation, volume. the silicon brush works fine (I usually hate them). I have tried every HE and DS variety of WP and this is by far my favorite. I also use the brown shade with MUFE brow gel brush to fill in my sparse brows and it looks natural, lasts all day. LOVE. I am concerned bc this is no longer on the CG display at my Walgreens. I SERIOUSLY hope they do not discontinue this. PLEASE CG!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by gloss4me

I was using volume exact until I couldn't find it anymore, so then I switched back to lash exact waterproof. I like the formula, it holds a curl all day and doesn't flake or smudge. I use a tiny drop of gelled baby oil to remove it. This is pretty much my go to mascara, I've tried lots of different ones and still haven't found one as good as this. My only issue with this product is the plastic brush...I cannot stress how much I dislike this type. I have a wand from an old 2000 calorie that fits the tube and I clean it for every new tube. I wish cosmetic companies would give consumers of mascaras the option to choose the type of brush/wand with the formulation they want. Now that would be progress!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very nice, Cover Girl! It separates my lashes perfectly, which is great, since it bugs me when mascaras fail to do so. It is also one of the least clumpy mascaras out there. I love the brush on this product. It sort of "combs" the lashes. It gives a bit of volume, even though some people might like more to add drama to their look. Great everyday mascara though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

I typically use (and recommend) Lash Exact regular mascara, but thought the waterproof version might eliminate the smeared mascara eyes I get when visiting the chiropractor/lying face-down on the paper-covered headrest. No, it doesn't clump. And it doesn't smear. BUT I get the worst dark circles the next morning, even after a good washing the night before, even after washing my face with a washcloth during my morning shower, even after applying toner with a soaked cotton ball, even after using oil-free eye makeup remover on multiple cotton swabs. Regardless of how I try to fight the mascara remnants before I get to putting on my makeup for the day, I've STILL got dark, sooty-looking undereye color that is really hard to get rid of. And I already have issues with undereye darkness, so this is the last thing I need! Tossed my new tube after two weeks of trying, and went back to the regular Lash Exact.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard this was really good so I got it in waterproof because I needed a waterproof mascara. I dont like it at all though. It did nothing for my lashes except blacken and stick them together. It didnt volumize, length, seperate. It holds curl though. I do not recommend at all, and I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

I love this stuff! I've been using it for almost two years now, and it's wonderful. My lashes stay perfectly curled (which is really saying something as I have stick straight Asian eyelashes), and I've NEVER had this mascara clump on me. I can wear it for a good 12+ hours and have it stay in place. I've tried a ton of other brands (Missha, Rimmel, Maybelline, Smashbox, etc) and none of them have come close. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good, cheap mascara that works. ( :