December 21, 2014 | 1534 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Yet another mascara I bought because of good reviews here on MUA... but it hasn't disappointed me TOO badly.
This is the first wp mascara I've tried, and I was amazed at how well it held my curl. (Holding the curl is THE thing I look for in a mascara, if it doesn't hold my curl, it wouldn't matter how good it performs in other categories because I just won't look at it ever again!!)
Anyway, good things. Holds curl. The relatively small brush was a plus because it could get to my inner corners and my non existent bottom lashes pretty well.
Some bad things. I also noticed that it didn't lengthen my lashes by too much. I don't like plastic brush heads (just personal preference). And the mascara transferred a little bit to my undereyes at the end of the day (I wouldn't actually call it smudging though).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mihnea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holds a curl like no other! I work in a kitchen and I'm either grilling/steaming/baking something at ridiculously high temps and this stuff doesn't budge or lose it's curl. My face may be shiny and melty as all get out but my lashes are still rockin' like Megan Fox's. I use baby oil on a cotton ball, hold it on the lashes count to 10 to remove it. Never lose a lash that way. I will use this product forever! HOLY GRAIL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

Pros:
Doesn't clump/separates lashes well
Brush is a good size and shape for applying
Gives decent length to lashes

Cons:
Tends to smudge on my lower lids after a few hours if not applied VERY lightly
Gives lashes a very 'crunchy' texture

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mlq490

I really like this.
I wanted a mascara that gave me clean separation and length, and a brush without clumps, just what this advertised. I have really sparse, short lashes, so often volumizing mascaras just get way too much product on my lashes and they start to stick together a lot, which looks hilarious. Cover Girl totally wins in making a mascara targeted to me, this also is in a bright purple tube :) and just screams "young person using cheap drugstore makeup". But whatever, this totally works. Each of my lashes are individually highlighted and lengthened, and it does make me look like I have more and thicker lashes without being a very volumizing mascara. This waterproof formula also hold my curl wonderfully.
There is one problem though, and that's the smudging. After I'm about halfway through my day I'll notice a tiny bit of gray under my eyes, and then more accumulates until I end up with racoon eyes unless I wipe the mascara off my skin. But it's controllable as long as you remember to wipe occasionally.
This is a great mascara for natural looking lashes but obviously this isn't the mascara for you if you want volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No matter what I read, no matter what I try, I'm just not a fan of Cover Girl mascaras! After the raving reviews on CG LashBlast Volume, I tried it and found that the brush was just plain ridiculous especially for my small Asian eyes and it was horrible at holding a curl. Didn't really volumize as much as it was promised and forget about length. So I decided to try Lash Exact WP...OMG I hated it.

Cons:
- No volume...AT ALL (i know, it's not for that purpose but still)
- No length
- Smells like death
- Flakes like crazy
- Stiff lashes
- Impossible to remove - lost a lot of lashes in the process
- Wet formula that makes my lashes feel crunchy, which I can't stand!

Pros:
- I like the brush...that's about it. Oh, and it doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YEAH!!!! Finally a WP mascara that holds the curl all day! I have searched for over a year to find one and thanks to all the reviews from the gals here on Makeup Alleiy I tried this one and hope they never discontinue it. I even emailed Cover Girl telling them how great it is and pleading they never discontinue this product. I keep looking in the mirror to check my lashes, and yes, they are still curled! The product doesn't give big volume but that's OK with me. I just want my lashes to stay curled so I can see them. Thanks again to all of you for stating over and over that your lashes stayed curled. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT mascara for my stick straight lashes! I use this every day. First I curl my stubborn Asian lashes with Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Curler. It makes it so incredibly easy for me (plus, it's really cheap too!) Then I apply this mascara. It lengthens and defines my lashes without clumping. And best of all, it holds the curl throughout the WHOLE day. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current HG. I much prefer it to LB WP. It does not flake or smudge on me at all, gives me nice length, separation, volume. the silicon brush works fine (I usually hate them). I have tried every HE and DS variety of WP and this is by far my favorite. I also use the brown shade with MUFE brow gel brush to fill in my sparse brows and it looks natural, lasts all day. LOVE. I am concerned bc this is no longer on the CG display at my Walgreens. I SERIOUSLY hope they do not discontinue this. PLEASE CG!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by gloss4me

I was using volume exact until I couldn't find it anymore, so then I switched back to lash exact waterproof. I like the formula, it holds a curl all day and doesn't flake or smudge. I use a tiny drop of gelled baby oil to remove it. This is pretty much my go to mascara, I've tried lots of different ones and still haven't found one as good as this. My only issue with this product is the plastic brush...I cannot stress how much I dislike this type. I have a wand from an old 2000 calorie that fits the tube and I clean it for every new tube. I wish cosmetic companies would give consumers of mascaras the option to choose the type of brush/wand with the formulation they want. Now that would be progress!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very nice, Cover Girl! It separates my lashes perfectly, which is great, since it bugs me when mascaras fail to do so. It is also one of the least clumpy mascaras out there. I love the brush on this product. It sort of "combs" the lashes. It gives a bit of volume, even though some people might like more to add drama to their look. Great everyday mascara though.