Beauticontrol Wet/Dry Compact

4.2

on 11/29/2004 2:09:00 PM

I got this in a swap in Alabaster. Too light for my pale complexion. I wasn't impressed with this foundation. I tried it both wet and dry. I swapped it away. The search continues...

on 9/15/2004 3:17:00 PM

I love, love, love this foundation. Had been without Beauticontrol for a while when I moved and couldn't find a consultant. Found one again, and I'm in love all over again. I'm a MAC NC20 and wear this in Alabaster, the lightest shade. It blends perfectly, wet or dry, and makes my humongous pores disappear. Will repurchase this over and over and over.

on 8/24/2004 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great wet/dry powder based foundation. I use the lighter shades like alabaster, ivory and nude. In the new colors I use N-1 and N-2 and sometimes Y-1 or Y-2.

I really love this foundation - I can go as dark as NATURAL (N-3) in the summer.

I put it on dry for a light, matte (but not chalky) finish.
Yes, I know - I had dry skin but I still just LOVE this foundation.

Good price, too.
After all these years (It is now 2014) I still use and love this product.
They have repackaged it but the formula is still great. (And no fragrance!)

on 8/3/2004 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Have tried this in 4 different colors and still no luck so basd on the orangey/pink colors all I can award is 1 lippie.

on 5/10/2004 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product! I stopped wearing it for a few years and recently went back to it. I don't think I'll ever wear any other powder/foundation again! I put on spf/moisturizer, let it set and then put on the powder dry. That's it. I never have to touch up during the day and it looks awesome! I constantly get compliments on my skin when I wear it. Goes on very light with great coverage. I hardly ever wear it wet but when I do, it's very sheer and stays put. In my opinion, there isn't a better wet/dry powder out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I thought I would love this but I don't. I read all the rave reviews here which sounded similar to what people were saying about Palladio Wet/Dry, and because I loved the texture and coverage of that I decided to take the plunge. Well, this is about twice the price of Palladio with half the coverage. I would say it has light to light-med coverage, whereas Palladio is almost nearly full coverage. I also have to comment on the terrible scent. Why in the world would they scent face powder so heavily? I had to stick it in a bag of baking soda with the lid open in hopes of diffusing it a little. One good point about this foundation is that they do have a wider color selection. I ordered Porcelain Beige which is the perfect shade for my skin (light with yellow undertones) but it did turn orangey on my skin as the day wore on (not too badly but I can't stand orange in my foundations.) The compact is nice, very similar to Palladio, but I would definitely choose Palladio over this.

on 4/27/2004 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! It was a great way to control shine and provide light coverage. I am very oily but this powder/foundation did the trick! The coverage is great but not too heavy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good foundation. It's silky soft and has great coverage for my skin. At first I thought the color was a bit too light (I use this in Natural), but that's only because I've been using foundations that were way too dark for me in the past and I just didn't realize it. This has not caused any breakouts so far and I have acne-prone skin. Definitely recommended.

EDIT: I had to take off one lippie because this foundation really emphasizes any dry patches I have. I have to moisturize like crazy to make my skin smooth and the color ends up being too dark when I do this. continued >>

on 2/3/2004 8:12:00 PM

ok stuff, and good amount for your cash. i got it in , that was too dark and the 1 down was too light, so i won't be buying this agin :(

on 2/2/2004 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only foundation for me. I've been using it for years, switching between Nude and Buff (I can wear either warm or cool) but mostly going with Nude. I wear it dry 99% of the time. I've tried a variety of liquid foundations now and again, trying to see if I could find something a little less expensive, but nothing even comes close. Someone mentioned liking it for covering blemishes and I find that, in conjunction with a very light application of BeautiControl's cream concealer, it's very effective. I love that after blotting a bit I can touch up with it during the day and not get that cakey look.