Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

on 6/7/2013 8:13:00 PM

I rarely write product reviews, especially to praise rather than to complain. When it comes to hair, I'm extremely low-maintenance: I have naturally straight, typical Asian hair that I keep very long (waist length). I use a prescription shampoo for my scalp and random/cheap conditioners for the length.. but I washed my hair two nights ago with this TJ conditioner, which someone had recommended to me, and I can't stop touching my hair! It feels silky soft and smooth, as if I'd had it professionally blown out. Actually, I had let it air-dry for an hour and then slept on it while still damp, producing some first-day frizziness (due to my extreme laziness, I take night showers and hate to blow-dry) and second-day perfection.

I have found my HG conditioner! This is a light conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down, yet gives it a soft and silky texture. My hair has always been smooth and straight, but I don't naturally have shininess, moisture, or body. This conditioner provides all of my hair needs. I also love the packaging- it's a sleek bottle that, if lightly squeezed, delicately releases product in thin ribbons. And this product is $3 for a pound! The only issue I have with this product are the parabens, but those are at the very end of the ingredients anyway, so there's not much of the parabens compared to the other good stuff in this product that makes my hair look and feel so good. :)

on 3/12/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this conditioner. I have quite thick hair and this conditioner makes my hair soft, shiny and clean. I use the conditioner alone....i.e. no shampoo before co. I use shikakai to wash my hair and the TJ Nourish conditioner as a finishing touch.

One bad thing is the presence of parabens in this conditioner. Wish Tj can fix that by using an alternative natural preserving agent :(

on 3/6/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Great Product. At first I felt that it wasn't anything special, but then I realized that I was expecting too much from it. It conditions with natural ingredients and it cleanses well if you are a co-washer(conditioner only). No silicones no harsh ingredients it provides a simple condition and maintains healthy hair. A true staple of mine. Now for deep conditioning or a moisturizing treatment, I would have to say that it just wasn't meant to be that. I love the thickness of it- not like pudding but it doesn't run at all- just perfect enough to distribute. However, if you detangle your hair in the shower then you MAY want a product with more slip. Anyhow, great product. Daily/weekly conditioner not for deep conditioning MAY OR MAY NOT be a great detangler but well worth it, especially considering it's like $2.99 at Trader Joe's so if you live near one go ahead and try it because even if you don't like it you won't be pissed that you did. I've spent more money on candy!

on 12/1/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried plenty of shampoos and conditions from the low end to high end range and this stuff amazed me! I use both the Nourish Shampoo and conditioner for the first time today and I cannot stop touching my hair! Even after just one use, my hair is shiny, bouncy and silky. Usually, my hair is a little frizzy and dry. The smell is botanical in a very refreshing way and does not linger. I really cannot believe it's only $3! LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 9/20/2012 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd really like to give 3.5 stars. I'm amazed that a $3 conditioner from TJs is comparable to most other moisturizing conditioners that cost 5x this. Smells good, feels nice and thick going on, and smooth right after. With a leave-in conditioner or serum, my hair is pretty happy, although still frizzes a bit.
My favorite is still Matrix sleek. But wow, for those times you run out, this is great. If I straighten my hair again, this will be my go-to conditioner. For now, with the frizzies, I'll stick to something a little more smoothing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My favorite conditioner of all time. I really love this stuff, it moisturizes without weighing hair down and leaves my fine, wavy hair soft and frizz-free. The best part is that it costs about 3 bucks. Although I can't say the same about the shampoo, I would definitely recommend this.

on 7/13/2012 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i can't believe i am writing a review after just one use, but this conditioner (and shampoo) is awesome!!! my hair felt like silk after a light towel dry and to top it off my hubby walked into the house 30 minutes into my air-dry and complimented me on how pretty my hair looked. i made a mad dash for the mirror and sure enough, my curls/waves were pronounced and beautiful. love it!

on 6/9/2012 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Used together with the (drying) shampoo this is not moisturizing enough to keep my hair from frizzing up. However used on its own it's a pretty average conditioner. It seems I am slightly allergic to something in this though, just like the shampoo, and it can make me itchy. I will use it up but not repurchase.

on 2/10/2012 5:03:00 PM

All Pros

-Great price
-Smells delicious
-Thick consistency for great moisture
-Mostly natural ingredients
-Curlygirl friendly :)

Thumbs up - I didn't realize TJ's had such high quality personal care products!