April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! The smell is so yummy! It's a great moisturizer too! I like the body butters from the body shop much better than bath and body works!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by peregrin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used a lot of body butters from The Body Shop in the past: coconut, moringa, strawberry, shea, mango. When this appeared in stores, I was pretty excited because I loveeeeeee almond smells.

It's probably just my nose, but to me this somehow smells more like cotton candy -- or just sugar, really really really really sweet marzipan -- than the kind of warm simple nutty smell I was hoping for. It's still pleasant, but not quite what I expected.

This does moisturise well though, if you like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by shukufuku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this body butter when it became discontinued and put on the clearance rack for $10. This was actually my first body shop body butter purchase because $20 was too pricey for me, but I'm much happier now that they lowered the price to $18 (they were $16 for quite a while!) and combined with promotional events (buy 3 get 2 free/ 50% off everything in the bag), the body shop offers a good quality body butter for a reasonable price.

I found the consistency of the Almond one to be thicker than some of the other fruitier scents, probably because it's prescribed for normal/dry skin. I warm it up in my hands first and though it first feels a bit oily on the skin, it absorbs quite nicely after a bit. I have really dry skin and this kept my arms and legs moisturized a good portion of the day.

As for the scent, it's not as powerful and annoying as some of the others. To me, it smells a lot like almond milk (or Chinese almond dessert / almond tea)... not too sweet, and not too bitter. It also fades after an hour or so, making it good for going out if you prefer more subtle scents.

The packaging, as with all Body Shop body butters, is the only downside to this product. I just don't like products where I have to dip my fingers into the container as it isn't very sanitary or user friendly. Maybe one day, they will put it into a squeeze tube and make me happy.

Overall, love this product and will buy it again. Perhaps not my favourite BB, but it is one I enjoy using and I am sad it got discontinued. My guess is that it will be re-promoted again sometime in the future.

Update: They have the Almond Body Butter again for $18.

Edit: As of Aug 2011, I have decided to cut the amount of products I have with parabens and products with "fragrance" listed in the ingredients. I am sad to say I will not be repurchasing this (even though I love the smell!) after I am finished with my current tub. Hopefully, the Body Shop will decide to eliminate parabens and some other chemicals from future formulas so I can embrace their yummy products again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great moisturizer. I bought it without sampling because there was an online sale. I'm certainly very happy with it. The only reason I would not repurchase this BB is my personal preference, the fragrance completely dissappears on my skin, and I like my BB to have some nice scent. Of course some people hate smelling their lotion all day, in which case I would say this is the BB for you, it's a great all-day moisturizer. I still reach for it on days when I know I'll be wearing a heavier perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by vivlam44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great in the Jar, like artificial almonds. But the scent changes ALOT (like a vanilla slightly almond flower, it actually smells similar to the perfume Lolita Tempika) on the skin, probably due to my own natural body scent. I was very unhappy that the sweet almond scent would disappear o I brought Imitation Almond Extract from Shoprite and added a few drops to the jar and mixed it in. So after I did that the almond smell lingers on my skin a little longer.Very moisterizing, I didn't scoop a whole bunch and put it on, i only used a little and it made my skin really soft and i have really dry skin. I keep smelling myself as I'm typing this, its really a nice scent, but if you want the almond smell to last longer then a minute on the skin, add almond extract!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Who doesn't have a soft spot for artificial almond smell? - you know, not exactly nutty, like real amonds or almond oil, but sugary sweet like a marzipan pastry. That's what this lotion smells like, though compared to most of the other TBS body butters, it's practically bitter. I'm becoming addicted to it, and that's saying something considering how picky and judgmental I am when it comes to sweet scents. Although I gave it four lippies here, my "true" rating would be closer to a 3.5.

Cons: It takes a while to absorb and seems to never absorb fully -- when I shower or wash my hands, I can feel it slipping off my skin. And it's expensive.

Pros: SCENT. My application ritual with it has never failed to make me feel pampered and sensual, and, of course, it makes my skin super soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this is nothing short of NAUSEATING, jheeze! it smells nothing like almonds either (i mean what do nuts even smell like?) but rather leans towards a more overpowering cherry like smell. Did not like such a strong scent all over body at all so swiftly returned.
smell aside i wasnt that wowed by the moisturisation either to warrant all the hype.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice product, moisturises very well and makes skin nice and soft. I bought this in sale for 5, I wouldn't have paid the full 12 for it as I'm really not a fan of the smell, but for the price I paid it's well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers have mentioned this is a fantastic body butter. Great scent, texture and very moisturizing. Works wonders on my dry winter skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Very rich butter. Quite oily so its not so quick absorbing. Sometimes it feels like it sits on top because when I shower in the evening I can feel that its slippery on my skin. Nevertheless it does the job pretty well. I would only recommend it for winter. It helps when I have eczema patches in winter.

The smell is lovely and the texture is divine. Would buy it again only once I try all the other TBS butters.