Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.7

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 8/16/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This soap is perfection. You can use it on your face, your body, even your hair. My skin is super sensitive and has been SO much happier since I dropped the harsh cleansers, toners and treatments. This soap is all natural, has only three ingredients, isn't unreasonably priced and fairly easy to get ahold of. It also leaves my skin soft, not tight and dry like chemical soaps.

It will melt if you let it stay wet all the time. I keep it outside my shower on a spiky soap dish to let it dry, and have a covered soap dish for traveling. Also, I buy the big bars and cut them into quarters so product isn't sitting out wet for too long. A quarter bar lasts me a couple of months - I bought a box of this soap in bulk, have had it over a year and have only used a few bars of it. It's more than paid for itself already.

on 7/8/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I always come back to this soap to use on my body. I wanted a no-frills, fragrance-free product that would clean my skin but also not strip it of moisture. It doesn't come in a beautiful bottle, turns into mush quite easily, nor does it smell great, but it gets the job done for a very low price and my skin is pretty darn happy at the moment!

on 2/19/2012 5:48:00 PM

I'm not really a bar soap type person, but my parents love this! The bar is large sized and lasts a long while. Unlike the majority of soaps at the supermarket it's not tested on animals and does not contain petrochemicals!

on 10/27/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a more natural alternative to Cetaphil -- big mistake! I broke out in blisters and hives all over my face and neck. This product is not mild at all. If you have sensitive skin, consider yourself warned!!

on 9/20/2011 8:14:00 PM

This soap is awful! It dried my skin out do badly I had to use vaseline petroleum jelly for a week to stop the itching and flaking.

on 9/9/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This soap actually cleared up my skin for a couple of months! the problem is my skin becomes immune to things and they stop working :( the only problem I had with this soap is that it became gross and filmy and it was huge, I just cut it in half and keep it in a covered soap dish and it stays fine

on 7/22/2011 4:14:00 AM

A great soap!! I have eczma and am usually starting to itch right after taking a shower. Not with this soap-after my second use I decided to wash my hair with it-it's simply amazing!! No dry skin, no dry scalp and left my hair soft (not too) just right and shinny .No need to use a conditioner either. I love this soap .I have switched from Philosophy's purity to this and -saving a lot of money. I also like the fact there are no synthetic ingredients. This is basiclly why I went back to using soap - didn't want all the parabans, SLS, colorings, fragrances, doesn't test on animals. This is important to me. Its made in Greece. I purchased this along with Olivella at drugstore.com -will compare the 2 when I've tried the Olivella. KMF comes in a number of scents. I ordered the fragrance free. It's not in a pretty package and it's not a pleasing bar of soap to look at -but oh, what it does to your skin!! I can't believe it took me so long to find this product.
UPDATE: I''ve tried the Olivella soap-. I agree with what others say about the scent- it's woodsy- but it's more moisturizing. Leaves my skin soft and pores much smaller I gave Olivella 5 lippys, reduced KMY to 4. I thnk the Olivella is a milder soap then the KMF. Olivella only has 3 ingredents saponfied virgin olive oil, water, glycerin. This is a boon to my skin.I see now that VitaCost has the best price at about $1.50 a bar where I paid $3.50 at Drugstore.com. I will purchase Olivella again. Oh, it's made in Italy.

on 4/14/2011 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Good if you need/want a pure olive oil bar of soap, I found this bar to be pretty big, doesn't smell that great and doesn't lather real well (though, what do you expect from olive oil?) I would probably not buy this again, unless of course, I could think of a reason why I need it. There are just too many yummy smelling soaps out there that work way better. :\

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

In an attempt to find a a moisturising, non-irritating soap for the shower I was directed to pure olive oil soap, so I went to the store and found the Kiss My Face kind, a company I'm fairly comfortable with. My first problem was that the bar was HUGE and since it's so hard it's very difficult to cut. I had to heat a knife up before I could get a chunk off. That wasn't a really big issue for me, but it would be nice if the soap came in three seperate pieces or something similar.

When it came time to actually use it I found that it had a subtle, light lather and the waxy smell that reminds me of crayons wasn't really apparent. I would have just rubbed it right on my skin, but the bar is too hard and the chunk I cut off wasn't smooth at all. I rubbed it on to a wash cloth and there was a green smear at first instead of lather, but it came off after I scrubbed down. I do find that the bar gets mushy quickly, but I made sure it wasn't sitting in water and it dries out alright. However, I was a little disappointed as the soap seems to be somewhat moisture stripping. My skin feels very tight until I dry off and I'm not fond of the feeling at all. I'm worried it's going to be a bad choice for the dry winter, so I'm looking for an alternative instead.

Price: $5 CAN

~OVERALL~
PROS- simple & natural, non-irritating, good value
CONS- very hard bar, giant bar that's hard to cut, not very appealing smell, leaves skin uncomfortably clean while in shower

on 9/27/2010 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up on sale at Kroger for around $2, so even though my skin doesn't like it, I didn't lose much. I've been using Dove for sensitive skin for years and thought I might try replacing it with a natural soap. The first thing I noticed when using this soap is that my skin is more oily during the day, I'm assuming because the soap is a bit drying and makes my skin step up the oil production. I actually loved the way it felt using the soap. It worked up into a nice frothy lather and cleans very well. I also didn't mind the smell at all. I've used lots of "natural" things in the past, so I enjoy that raw smell. Unfortunately, my rosacea flared a little while using this, particularly on my forehead. I also developed 3 rather large blemishes on my neck and cheek. Since I haven't used any other new products lately, I can only blame this soap. I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm sure those with normal skin types could easily use this soap.
UPDATE 2/21/2011 I ran out of my regular Dove bath soap a few weeks ago and, instead of running out to buy more, I thought I'd give this a go as a bath soap. For this purpose, it is FABULOUS! My skin is so smooth and soft after using this and I don't even have to exfoliate. Also, I use this on my kids and my son's BAD eczema is almost completely GONE now! Even though I didn't like it as a facial soap, it is one amazing bath soap. Pushing my previous 2 stars up to a 5. I love it and will repurchase!
UPDATE: 10/8/2011 The more I use this, the more I realize that I HATE the smell of it. It's like olive oil and lake water. I've switched back to good old Dove. It's not as natural as KMF, but it's just as gentle, cheap and it doesn't stink!