December 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lovepinkxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This soap actually cleared up my skin for a couple of months! the problem is my skin becomes immune to things and they stop working :( the only problem I had with this soap is that it became gross and filmy and it was huge, I just cut it in half and keep it in a covered soap dish and it stays fine

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great soap!! I have eczma and am usually starting to itch right after taking a shower. Not with this soap-after my second use I decided to wash my hair with it-it's simply amazing!! No dry skin, no dry scalp and left my hair soft (not too) just right and shinny .No need to use a conditioner either. I love this soap .I have switched from Philosophy's purity to this and -saving a lot of money. I also like the fact there are no synthetic ingredients. This is basiclly why I went back to using soap - didn't want all the parabans, SLS, colorings, fragrances, doesn't test on animals. This is important to me. Its made in Greece. I purchased this along with Olivella at drugstore.com -will compare the 2 when I've tried the Olivella. KMF comes in a number of scents. I ordered the fragrance free. It's not in a pretty package and it's not a pleasing bar of soap to look at -but oh, what it does to your skin!! I can't believe it took me so long to find this product.
UPDATE: I''ve tried the Olivella soap-. I agree with what others say about the scent- it's woodsy- but it's more moisturizing. Leaves my skin soft and pores much smaller I gave Olivella 5 lippys, reduced KMY to 4. I thnk the Olivella is a milder soap then the KMF. Olivella only has 3 ingredents saponfied virgin olive oil, water, glycerin. This is a boon to my skin.I see now that VitaCost has the best price at about $1.50 a bar where I paid $3.50 at Drugstore.com. I will purchase Olivella again. Oh, it's made in Italy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good if you need/want a pure olive oil bar of soap, I found this bar to be pretty big, doesn't smell that great and doesn't lather real well (though, what do you expect from olive oil?) I would probably not buy this again, unless of course, I could think of a reason why I need it. There are just too many yummy smelling soaps out there that work way better. :\

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by StarlitReprise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In an attempt to find a a moisturising, non-irritating soap for the shower I was directed to pure olive oil soap, so I went to the store and found the Kiss My Face kind, a company I'm fairly comfortable with. My first problem was that the bar was HUGE and since it's so hard it's very difficult to cut. I had to heat a knife up before I could get a chunk off. That wasn't a really big issue for me, but it would be nice if the soap came in three seperate pieces or something similar.

When it came time to actually use it I found that it had a subtle, light lather and the waxy smell that reminds me of crayons wasn't really apparent. I would have just rubbed it right on my skin, but the bar is too hard and the chunk I cut off wasn't smooth at all. I rubbed it on to a wash cloth and there was a green smear at first instead of lather, but it came off after I scrubbed down. I do find that the bar gets mushy quickly, but I made sure it wasn't sitting in water and it dries out alright. However, I was a little disappointed as the soap seems to be somewhat moisture stripping. My skin feels very tight until I dry off and I'm not fond of the feeling at all. I'm worried it's going to be a bad choice for the dry winter, so I'm looking for an alternative instead.

Price: $5 CAN

~OVERALL~
PROS- simple & natural, non-irritating, good value
CONS- very hard bar, giant bar that's hard to cut, not very appealing smell, leaves skin uncomfortably clean while in shower

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up on sale at Kroger for around $2, so even though my skin doesn't like it, I didn't lose much. I've been using Dove for sensitive skin for years and thought I might try replacing it with a natural soap. The first thing I noticed when using this soap is that my skin is more oily during the day, I'm assuming because the soap is a bit drying and makes my skin step up the oil production. I actually loved the way it felt using the soap. It worked up into a nice frothy lather and cleans very well. I also didn't mind the smell at all. I've used lots of "natural" things in the past, so I enjoy that raw smell. Unfortunately, my rosacea flared a little while using this, particularly on my forehead. I also developed 3 rather large blemishes on my neck and cheek. Since I haven't used any other new products lately, I can only blame this soap. I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm sure those with normal skin types could easily use this soap.
UPDATE 2/21/2011 I ran out of my regular Dove bath soap a few weeks ago and, instead of running out to buy more, I thought I'd give this a go as a bath soap. For this purpose, it is FABULOUS! My skin is so smooth and soft after using this and I don't even have to exfoliate. Also, I use this on my kids and my son's BAD eczema is almost completely GONE now! Even though I didn't like it as a facial soap, it is one amazing bath soap. Pushing my previous 2 stars up to a 5. I love it and will repurchase!
UPDATE: 10/8/2011 The more I use this, the more I realize that I HATE the smell of it. It's like olive oil and lake water. I've switched back to good old Dove. It's not as natural as KMF, but it's just as gentle, cheap and it doesn't stink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 10/15/2011: I bumped this up a lippie because it's become my go-to daily soap for my body, replaced my cetaphil bar after years of faithful use. I've fallen in love with the Honey version of this soap, it's a very simple, natural soap that last a LONG time if you use a soap save. It cleanses w/out drying out my skin and it contains A LOT of honey which is great for skin and also smells wonderful.

Yes this soap turns to mush quickly and easily... unless you go to target and spend 1$ on a SOAP SAVERn (it's in the bath/shower home section). This wonderful little invention has also significantly extended the life of my cetaphil bar soap, which is also prone to falling apart if any moisture is trapped on it after you're done using it. I thought it was just the price I had to pay for using a gentle, simplistic soap, but alas, someone has thought up the perfect solution and it's cheap, I actually have three of them now in different parts of the house.

As for the review of this soap, I like it very much. I've tried most of the variations of it and like them too. It's simple, gentle, and economical and a lot less drying than most bar soaps I've used in the past.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by clearady

PERFECT! simple, only three ingredients, no added fragrance/chemicals.
almost exactly like my Soap for goodness sake (only that one is a tad more moisturizing). same ingredients. half the price. way better lather.

on a side note, i don't keep this in the shower. i keep it outside so it won't "melt", and it does well like this. huge bar for $3. you have nada to lose. if you value simplicity, quality, and organics, this is the product you've been dying to meet all your life!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I want to start off by addressing some issues I've read in reviews:

For people who have a problem with the size - try cutting it in half before use. I've done this several times and it's just like a regular size now and you still get the savings - 8 oz bar for $1.39. I've also never had a problem with it melting or getting slimy. I've kept it on the shelf in the shower and a rack and neither made it melt. As for the smell, I think it's a preference thing - I find it clean and kind of woodsy - very natural but that appeals to me. One more note, I find that it lathers great. I mean it's not like shampoos or body wash, but from the reviews I read I didn't expect any lather and it does still lather.

Now for my review: This soap doesn't dry out my skin at all (might be also because it's summer time and the air is humid). But I use it on my face - I use a Buf Puf for face and body. I also use this to shave and have no razor bumps or anything. Incidentally, on a whim one day I tried this on my hair. I was surprised at how well it cleans. If I need conditioner I use Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in with a bunch of water (just on the ends as my hair tends to be on the oily side).

Overall, I really like this product - it's so convenient to have only one product (that is all natural) in the shower for all my washing! This is also wonderful for traveling - it's a simple easy routine that works great for me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I break out with EVERYTHING! I have to say that this is one of the best face cleansing products I have EVER used. I would chose this over any dept store brands any day! The one thing I really suggest it to keep it in a dish soap DRY. Since it is all natural it will begin to separate quickly and get all gross. I used this during my pregnancy because I was very sensitive in my body and Id like to think that this contributed to my stretch marks being a minimal as they are. Also, I used the bar from clinique and it sucked! big time. I used to buy this at target but they dont sell it anymore. Now I get it at the Vitamin Shop. I ran out of it, I need to stock up again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's basic, and cleanses the skin in a non-harsh manner. All natural, and reasonably priced. No skin miracles, but whatever. Will repurchase.