September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Skincare - Body - NARS - Monoi Body Glow II

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lmblazer

I bought this in the set with the body glow and feel completely ripped off. As far as the monoi oil itself, I guess it's ok as far as body oil goes...the smell is pleasant...but really, what the heck is the big deal? maybe i'm just not a body oil fan...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by MissRachelUSA

I must admit-- I love this body oil. I put it on after the shower as a moisturizer and fragrance, and I adore the soft scent and feel on my skin; it lasts all day. My only criticism (besides the ridiculous price tag) is that the oil is difficult to neatly apply. You sort of have to pour it on your skin straight from the glass bottle, and the result is oil everywhere, including all over the bottle and bathroom floor/counter. I've been using this product for almost two years, and I'm officially addicted, but I still haven't managed to find a science to its application! Nevertheless, I'd highly recommend it as a luxurious and pretty addition to your bathing routine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to admit but I love this oil. I really really do. Luckily I had gotten this as a free gift with purchase when shopping at Neimans. I wouldn't have purchased this otherwise due to the crazy price of $59.00. Now that I have it and love it? I may consider repurchase but will most likely look for an alternative source via internet (then I will stick it in the bottle and pretend its expensive). It really smells wonderful. I put it on after a shower with semi-wet skin. The first time I used it my 6 year old son comes up to hug me and told me how good I smelled. Later that evening my husband comes up to hug me and says the same thing. Then wants to know what it is and can he use it (NO!). I love NARS packaging and love the glass bottle with the flower, luxurious. I really wish the price wasn't as stupid! Its coconut oil for goodness sakes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

I use the Nars body glow during the summer as a post-shower moisturizer or after tanning. I love it, but I wear a lot of white in the summer and it stains my clothing.
I recommend it mostly for poolside or beach use with a dark swimsuit.
It smells lovely just like the monoi flower and leaves your skin very soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Ok firstly, I have to admit that i'm a total sucker for luxury brands! Not that I didn't try cheaper brands..because the truth is ... i did try them but for some odd reason I have had bad experiences with them ALL THE TIME (most of the time, my skin breakouts upon using them).

That being said, I totally LOVE this NARS Monoi Body Glow II product. I love the smell, the moisturizing effect, the luminous glow it gives my skin, the packaging, EVERYTHING (well except the pricing). I tried the cheaper brand monoi oils and either I found them too skicky and/or too synthetic and/or not moisturizing at all but oily like mineral oil. This products leaves my skin smelling so fresh and so sensual, not to mention so soft. I love it and will continue to buy it for years to come ONLY IF the RIDICULOUS price stays the same as it is now (which btw, is, as i meantioned OUTRAGEOUSLY RIDICULOUSLY HIGH). EDIT (May 2009): Still LOVING IT and continued repurchases! Wish I could give it 10 lippies!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom

Nars must be laughing all the way to the bank when one of these gets sold.
I mean come on ú42 for monoi oil (50% monoi oil).

Okay so it's not a bad product it does moisturise but they are plenty other brands that make monoi oil better and cheaper.
The scent is not bad but it's not great too, 5 minutes after the SA tried this on me the scent was gone.

The sales assistant was like "It as the official Monoi de Tahiti stamp which means it's the best you can buy" "It's expensive cause whe have to import it all the way from Polynesia" I wanted to laugh at her, a lot of the other oils have the stamp and as for importing bumping up the price, repeat with me "it's coconut oil".

Please do yourselves a big favor and don't buy this it's not worth it.

Hei Poa and Ren make much better and cheaper monoi oils than this one.

BTW this review is based on me trying the product but not actually buying.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rljp

I love the delicate scent and a little dab will do. I love the feminine monoi oil and the way it sends me packing to a tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific. The bottle is pretty with the tiare flower inside of it. I recommend this as a moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Totally agree with starrynight. I get the real thing in 4 oz bottles for about $6-$8. There are several versions/scents you can get and they have the same effect on skin/hair. Really NARS, get real...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by starrynight1

This is the biggest rip-off ever!!!! You are only paying for the name. I often get pure monoi tahiti oil straight from the real source for only a few bucks. You can look online for it. It has the official monoi seal on it and everything (including the tiare flower in the bottle). Plus, it comes in different scents such as ylang ylang, plumeria, pure tiare, pikake (jasmine), vanilla, etc. Save your money! There is nothing special about this. Get the real thing.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by whitn3yly

The Monoi Body Glow comes in a exuistite glass bottle with real Tiare flowers floating in it which I thought looked really cool. It makes my skin oh so soft but i kind of dont like the smell. At first it was okay but then after smelling it for a while, it made me feel icky.I got it for a present so it doesn't bother me that it was $59 but I personally would have NEVER bought it. But I do like it for making my skin feel very soft. So I guess I will use it..