TheBalm Stainiac in Prom Queen

4.2

on 2/10/2008 4:38:00 PM

The stain is difficult to apply evenly even after some fussing. Some reviewers mention looking like they've just eaten a red popsicle as if it's a good thing, however I don't want to look like a 4 year old with a sloppy red mouth. The color is a light reddish-pink with one layer. Apply another and you have an unnatural and bright red-purple-pink. This lasts a few hours at most. The upside is that the packaging seems secure enough to toss into your purse. TIP: do not blot lips with a tissue after application. Although the stain doesn't feel sticky, tissue dust will stick to your lips.

on 1/5/2008 5:04:00 PM

The quality of this product was great, it's just the color that didn't do it for me. The stain went on nicely and lasted all night, just with many colors for some odd reason they change into an orangey color on me. Can't wait to try the product in another color.

on 11/30/2007 2:03:00 AM

Love this! This lasts a very long time on the lips, and fades evenly. Spreading it with your finger helps even it out a bit since the applicator alone won't quite do it. It isn't overly bright or garish, just a pretty flush that will stay with you all dy!

on 11/25/2007 11:04:00 AM

This is so great for a natural, pinky look! It goes on a little bright, but it easily mellows to very pretty color. It doesn't last all day (maybe half a day), and it has a slight bitter taste.

Despite those, it is my HG for pink lips! I am wearing this in my FOTD profile pic, check it out!

on 11/10/2007 8:01:00 AM

I quite like this stain. I'm a bit of a lip stain addict and this one is quite a nice one. I like the applicator and light gel consistency - it's one of the few lip stains that I can apply directly onto my lips with the applicator without having to blend too much and end up with the dreaded 'Red Finger'!

It is, as many reviewers have noted before me, a lovely strawberry red colour. The lasting power is pretty decent - so long as I don't let my lips dry out completely then it can last almost all day on me.

A very nice product and a product that I can see myself using quite often.

on 10/30/2007 1:29:00 PM

This is such a nicer pink shade than the benetint.

on 8/19/2007 3:22:00 PM

I like this stuff. I usually dab in on in dots on my lips and blend with my fingers so I can control the color. I like to wear it underneath my other lipsticks so there is some color left when the lipstick wears off. I do need to wear lip balm over the top as this stain isn't moisturizing, but I have to reapply lip balm throughout the day anyway. I got the homecoming queen color as a sample, but decided to purchase the prom queen color and am glad I did. Homecoming queen was too dark berry for me (raspberry) whereas the prom queen color is more strawberry and better for my pale complexion.

on 8/13/2007 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Since I don't like to wear lipstick or lipgloss I was looking for a long lasting stain that I could wear under lip balm. I was excited to get this item based on it's good reviews however I was disappointed on initial application. The stain itself applies unevenly and is not very long lasting. I tried various techniques but nothing helped to make the stain last. It would literally disappear after a short while. The color itself is nice. It is a pretty strawberry red like the previous reviewer has described. The applicator is also great. It is a nice doe-foot applicator which makes it easy to apply the stain to my lips. If the stain actually stained my lips, this item would be a HG, but unfortunately it does not.

My coloring: light yellow/olive MMM w/ dark brown hair and eyes.

on 6/18/2007 10:30:00 PM

I really thought this would be HG for me. I've been looking for a medium pink/rosy stain for years. But, I would actually describe this as a strawberry red- the actual color of a ripe strawberry. Besides it being much darker than advertised, It doesn't even last more than an hour. I was looking for something natural that I could apply while camping (or wherever) when I don't want to look washed our or pampered but pictures might be taken.
I would have given it only one lippie, but the color is natural, even though it's dark.

on 4/16/2007 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really liked the Beauty Queen Stainiac but I wanted a lighter and pinker version, one that hopefully wasn't exactly like Benetint (which I love, except for the bottle and nail polish-like brush applicator). Stainiacs are great, and Prom Queen so appears to be a medium pink, a bit on the cool side that works well on my pigmented lips as an everyday stain under gloss (clear or colored) and on cheeks. No discernible smell or taste, wears off evenly, is easy to apply and doesn't set so fast you end up with streaks or blotches. Overall a good staple product I've already repurchased. I keep it in my purse and always take one with me when I travel.

Top Rated TheBalm Products