December 20, 2014 | 1319 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - tweezers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I think this must be my favorite tweezer. Before I used some cheap ones from Primark, H&M and stuff.

This is EXPENSIVE, but so worth it. Your eyebrows are a HUGE part of your whole look and good groomed brows can change your face! (In an good way, if it's done right).
This tweezer is so precise and easy to handle. Even for bigginners I'm sure..

I guess there's not so much more to say?
There's only 2 thing that I don't like. The first one might be my own fault.
1) Everytime I tweeze my brows, I get those red marks from napping my own skin.
2) It's really pricy.(but I guess it lasts a long time, so thats good)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Soooo I don't know what's wrong with these, but the pair I got CUTS hair instead of plucking it. WTF is that, now I have tiny stubble that I have to try to pluck more often. These tweezers are like teeny scissors instead...they don't pull, they just slice. Would I buy this again? a thousand times NO. Just go buy yourself some nice cheap tweezers instead, you're missing nothing here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just to add to the heaps of praise for Tweezerman tweezers, yes, they are awesome. Expensive but awesome.

I've been using Tweezerman since I was 19. They were much, much cheaper then and a little harder to find (I believe they were only sold in salon supply stores for the most part) but the quality has not diminished one bit in all the years I've used them. At one point, I had about four pairs (I have a shopping problem) in varying colors/designs. They really do last for years and years. You'll lose them before you have to replace them. Through a few moves, I ended up losing all four pairs. When I went to replace them, they had gone up in price and I scoffed at this. $20 for a pair of tweezers?!? No way! Instead, I opted to buy cheaper tweezers that simply didn't work. I was so used to Tweezerman that I had forgotten how crummy most tweezers are. After a few years of using subpar tweezers, I finally found some Tweezermans on clearance at Ulta. Hallelujah!

So, why does almost everyone rave about these? Simple, they work and they work well. I get my brows waxed but being the hairy lady I am, I have regrowth within a day or two. There's nothing worse than having freshly, beautifully shaped brows that look amazing from a distance but have visible regrowth up close. These tweezers actually grab those barely above to surface hairs and pull them out. I'm fairly klutzy and inept with beauty tools and even I can accomplish getting those very hard to get hairs out. There's no repeated digging or slipping of the tweezers either. These grab on and don't let go. Their precision also works if, like me, you get those weird little hairs that grow on your nose. I pull those (and even a few blackheads) out with a quickness with Tweezerman tweezers.

Aside from their performance, the Tweezerman customer service is also pretty solid. If you send your tweezers in, they will sharpen and repair them free of charge. I've only taken advantage of this service once but I remember that my tweezers came back super sharp (almost too sharp) and within a week.

I generally don't recommend high priced items if there are comparable lower priced items around but I wouldn't skimp on certain items, tweezers being one of them. Having nice, clean brows really does wonders for your face and having these babies really makes the job that much easier. I also find that they can help you maintain a brow waxing longer which will save you money. They're expensive but I think they're worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually wouldn't write a tweezer review haha but these were very nice so I wanted to give them credit. They were precise when plucking, even moreso than other brands. I recommend and will be repurchasing this if somehow it breaks (or most likely I lose it hehe)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeakc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't usually take the time to review a set of tweezers but I was using my Tweezermans this afternoon and got to thinking how much of a difference great tweezers can make. They are very precise, which is really what you want from a set of tweezers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great tweezers, I used to use sephora tweezers but this ones are so much better, you can really see a difference it grabs every tiny hair and it's so easy to pluck

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by marthaprz18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

4 years with mine & going strong! This is the best of the best

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOL at the review below mine!! GIRL I agree. If enough people haven't said it, these tweezers are IT!!! For tweeze FANATICS, like, legit Ilovetotweeze, the love of these borders on religious (insanity). I also thought I would never spend so much on 'just tweezers' too, despite all the raves. I had kept going back to the cheap stuff and they stop working eventually. They get bent or something gets in the way of them closing properly, like a hair or an atom. One time I was at Sally's and I needed a new pair, and they had a deal......(I actually got a second pair of smaller slanted tweezers for free, which I never needed because the first full size pair NEVER STOPPED WORKING!) Once you try these, your life will never be the same. They are that amazing. You will hear a soft choir and see the light. At the same time, nothing escapes the death grip of the mighty tweezer, and you might go on a stray hair killing spree. Don't let the power go to your head! Just kidding, tweeze away. It feels soooooo good. Its like the hair jumps to it..."pick me! pick me!"...

:D I love nice brows. Seriously, these are great, and they will last. Get a deal, go to a cheaper store (like Sally's over CVS) and you won't regret it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

TWEEZERMAN TWEEZERS ARE THE TRUTH!
If you're thinking to yourself, "Well, these are kind of high...", I totally understand. I felt the exact same way. I couldn't possibly believe that they wanted over 5 bucks for some measly tweezers. Let me tell you though, these things are 100% worth it.
Sure, we all have tweezers that "work" in the most technical sense. They open and close, they pull hairs out- sometimes. It's really more like, they pull hairs out after several tries and maybe grabbing more skin than your actual hair. How could Tweezerman Tweezers be any different than your standard breed of drugstore tweezers?
Well, Tweezerman Tweezers are no-nonsense.They pull the hairs out on the first go. ALL hairs! Even the annoying little fine ones! There's no having to finesse these tweezers to do what they should. There's no cursing at yourself repeatedly for pinching your skin, no clipping the hair off 3/4 of the way and then not being able to actually pull it all the way out after that. You get done shaping your eyebrows faster because you haven't had to spend several minutes trying to grab each hair and your skin is less irritated from being nipped/poked/prodded at for so long.They're extremely precise and they last a good long time when cared for properly. If all of that isn't enough to convince you, Tweezerman sharpens your tweezers for free and even repairs tweezers 'lost in the line of duty', so to speak.
Some advice for keeping yours in tip top shape is to keep and use the little plastic pouch and the tip cover that come with your tweezers. Even the sharpest pair can become blunt and ultimately rendered useless when they've been jostled around in a bag or drawer unprotected.
If you can't tell by now, I really love mine. The price was definitely a deterrent initially, but the good news is that you can sometimes find them at discount retailers like Marshall's, TJMaxx, and in my case, Tuesday Mornings (of all places, right?) for much less than they cost elsewhere. I have two pair, one pair of tweezerettes and the other a full sized version. Both are great and I can't see myself grooming my brows without them. I couldn't agree more with reviewers who think everyone should own a pair.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great tweezers!
Plucks hairs easily. Doesn't slip, doesn't rip.