April 16, 2014 | 2025 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful stuff. Had clear skin and thought I would add this to my routine to help my skin in the winter. What a mistake, made me get clogged pores throughout my entire face.

Huge waste of money and I am not pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by FlyingBuddha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a terrible product for anyone with sensitive skin. I have oily/combination skin and this 'creme' made me break out terribly. It also has 'fragrance' in it which is another irritation for my skin. They sure know how to hype and market their creme but it doesn't live up to the test.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's almost winter here and my skin is dehydrated, very dry and a lot of redness. I'm a huge fan of Sisley global anti aging cream. See reviews. It seems like it lost it's magic on my skin. I went into my stash (girls and guys we all have them) and had purchased this cream 6 months ago. I decided to try it and what a HUGE difference it has made on my skin. My skin is now hydrated, moisturized and redness is gone.
I would NEVER recommend this for oily skin or 20 something skin. I would HIGHLY recommend this for very dry, sensitive, tightness and redness in the skin. I don't think I would use this in the summer months. No breakouts (knock on wood) just healthy glowing skin. It's been over 2 weeks and if any problem occur I'll update this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is this a joke??? I tried a sample. Its literally just like ponds face cream except a million dollars instead of 10. It does moisturize but the value just isn't there.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Cpotter

I love this product! I have been using it for almost 15 years. I have dry skin and this makes my skin very smooth. It's great before putting on foundation. It's a heavy cream so probably best for dry skin. I also use more in the colder months.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tepps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first time that I am writing a review, and unfortunately it's not going to be a good one. To start off, my skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone, but it is now combination due to my use of Retin A. I easily get black/whiteheads when my skin is irritated, and my skin is easily flushed.

I was extremely excited to purchase this product after the hundreds of reviews I read through, so instead of getting a sample, I took the plunge and spent over $200 for this cream. The price did not bother me because I purchase products that cost more than this in the past, and if I were to calculate how much I spend on different products in 6 months, $200 is nothing. Along with the crème de la mer, I also got a ton of samples which included the moisturizing soft cream. The rep at Holt Renfrew gave me a sample because she said I will probably like the texture of the soft cream better than the crème de la mer. I was also enticed to get this product because I saw many positive reviews from people who used Retin A along with the cream. My skin is also very reactive which I feel is a good thing. I can tell if a product agrees with my skin overnight, and if it doesn't, it's not going to take me more than a couple of days to find out. The texture of my skin will feel more bumpy. It may not look bumpy from a far, but I can definitely feel it when I'm cleansing, and I can see it if i'm in the sun. Since the Retin A cream dries the skin and causes redness, I thought this would be the best addition. I was wrong. The next morning my face was slightly pink, oily and somewhat uneven. I was not too alarmed but I knew that it was not reacting well with my skin and I was not going to wait another couple of days to see how the reaction would get worse. By the time I started cleansing, I could feel and see that my skin was irritated. I also used the soft moisturizing cream the next day and got the same negative results. As I mentioned before, I read through the hundreds of reviews on the La Mer website, this MakeupAlley website, as well as ALL of the YouTube videos. I watched the tutorials to master how to apply the product correctly to get the best results. I've also been accustomed to warming and patting my skincare products into my skin. I didn't use the product incorrectly, and I didn't purchase the product without hours of research. This is something I do before I purchase any product. I like to read the good, bad and ugly of a product from one's experience.

I will definitely not repurchase this product again. Not because of the price, but because of the irritation. Sometimes keeping my skincare routine and skincare products simple, is what gives me the best results. Not to mention, I would definitely not figure out what ingredient is causing the irritation if I can not even pronounce half of the 30 ingredients. I am now back to my regular skincare routine and my skin is doing amazing. I wash my face with the gentle cetaphil cleanser and the konjac sponge from cetaphil. Even if i'm cleansing with those two products for over two minutes, my skin is never ever flushed or irritated. That's what I LOVE. After I dry my face I apply my cetaphil moisturizing lotion by rubbing a pea sized amount into my fingers and patting/pressing it gently into my face. Every other night I wash my face with the cetaphil and konjac sponge, wait 30 minutes, apply Retin A, and then my cetaphil moisturizer. Retin A works miracles for my skin and I feel my skin is at its best when I use simple but effective products such as cetaphil with my Retin A.

Hopefully this long, but detailed review helps someone who has at least some of the same issues as me, or is contemplating buying this product. Once again, my review is not based on the price nor the mineral oil in the product. I am just stating how my face reacted with the product. Good Luck Everyone!

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Evablue87

I have dry/combination skin. this was a Present from my friend and I was so happy to try this famous cream. It felt great when I put it on, but washing my face after work I saw two pimples and pinky red blush on my cheeks. I thought may be it is my skin that is not getting use to it. So i gave it a go one more time and that was the worst choice I made for 2013. It gave me the worst reaction I ever had since 2002 when an insect killer that accidentally sprayed on my face and peeled the skin off. My cheeks gone red and dry, white/red heads all over, itchy and BURN bad..... I suffered for two weeks and it still did not go off until today. I could not wear anything on my face.. FeelTerrible.. Do not use this if you had reaction in the first day like me. Big NoNo from my skin....

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by KendraGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i splurged on this at the airport because I was just wandering and not thinking too much. I regret paying so much for such a simple lotion because i could've bought 3 Clinique lotions for the same price. It is not worth it and the price is just a marketing gimmick afterall.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by LillieBrown123

I bought this expensive moisturizer at the airport when I was desperate to recover my extremely dry skin during travel. I was hopeful for this product because of all the great reviews that I have read from celebrities. This moisturizer ended up doing just minimal help in adding hydration and moist. It was just so-so. Cetaphil could have given me the same results in 1/10 of the cost.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product didn't work for me at all. I felt like this was just sitting on top of my skin instead of absorbing. And yes, I "warmed" it between my fingers, but it didn't help. It also clogged my pores. Huge waste of money, in my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No