La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 2/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MEHHHHHH, omg meh. After trying a ton of moisturizers I decided to suck it up and try this. I got it at Nords cause I figured if i hated it they wouldn't hassle me about return (I was right)
First of all it broke me out, slightly, but still. Secondly it was a pain in the ass to smear on my face. in the mornings I really didn't feel like my skin felt or looked any better. There are other better creams for the same price and significantly less that I feel have moisturized my skin better. Again, MEH and trust me I really wanted to like it and for it to work.

on 1/25/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Fresh, radiant cream. Quite rich, so only a tiny amount is needed. I would probably only recommend this to normal/dry skin types as it might be overstimulating for oiler skins. Beautiful packaging, and a lovely aesthetic around the brand. The only cons with this product is the price tag (major con!) & the fact that this cream has the exact same smell + texture as the original Nivea cream. I couldn't believe it! The original Nivea you can buy for a £1. All in all, nice cream, pretty basic, felt comfortable, nice if you feel like treating yourself, probably wouldn't buy again.

on 1/7/2015 11:08:00 PM

I got this product expecting it to be life changing. I was terribly shocked with how basic it was. I ended up using it on my legs because it was not as good as my loccitane moisturizer. The price is just ridiculous for what you get.

Would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried all the textures, no matter what this always wins. Regardless of having oily skin this one seems to balance it the most. My skin looks amazing from the second I apply it. It's the original for a reason. HG hands down.

on 12/9/2014 3:04:00 AM

I've been using this cream on and off, but not until recently I saw how it repaired my skin and gradually it became healthier day by day. Two months ago I went to a much colder place for a week and it caused my face to be flaky and dry no matter what I used. I put loads of moisturizers and oils but it was still very tight and uncomfortable throughout the day, even after I came back home. Then my sister reminded me to use La Mer and wow it really help my skin. Now it's back to normal and from now on I decided to use continuously for at least a week every month so that my skin can benefit from it but not cost too much fortune.

on 11/27/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best moisturiser I've used. I have no bumps on my skin. My skin looks healthy and rejuvenated. I received compliment that I look much younger than my little brother and sister. So happy with the purchase. But what I don't understand is that people who list the ingredients found out that it is bad and not dated. I have tried so many up to date products eg. Lancome Visionnaire, Clinique Turnaround( recommended the best by Paula Begoun) Kiehl's & etc. But none came close to recovering my acne prone with scar skin as Creme De LaMer. Already bought the 60ml. Soo Happy to find my HG product.

on 11/12/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Last time I ran out I decided to try out some other moisturisers due to the price of this but have returned to this and will never use anything else again. My skin feels so soft, looks younger and glows. As soon as I used anything else my skin was prone to spots, dull and felt dry. I use it once a day and a small 30ml pot lasts me nearly 6 months. Their eye balm intense is also a must have for me.

on 9/22/2014 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had this cream six years ago. It was a purchase based on "great" reviews. Unfortunately, this cream was anything but excellent -- too thick for my combination skin, scented, bad packaging, and of course overpriced. The consistency is like the blue Nivea cream -- very thick. Plus, it didn't help my skin at all -- it made it worse with clogged pores, and pimples. I stopped using it and instead used it for my my dry hands and feet. What a waste of money! Now the price is 20% higher than six years ago when I bought it. Do yourself a favor, and try it first before you purchase it. You can find samples at eBay, or just go to the La Mer counter if you have a chance. Overall, skip this overrated and overpriced product!

on 9/19/2014 4:04:00 PM

Packaging love it , always nice ribbons and boxes samples always come in nice glass bottles or tubes. Price , pricey but aren't all good ski cares pricey. I bought it because I want hydration. I don't have major problems with my skin, apart from some hormonal acne occasionally. But my face can get fairly dry in winter. The result is ok, but I don't notice miracle plumpness or shine or erase of any acne scars or aging to be honest. I went through two bottles last winter just so that I can see if it actually can hydrate my skin better. No it doesn't, it hydrates me as much as lancomes hydra zen or langeines creams. It leaves a filmy sensation I dislike . So I won't buy it again this winter. Just to be lazy here, Tried samples of the eye creme and the body creme both I think are not hydrating enough. You are better off using natura or la prairie . The only thing I like out of the whole range is the lip balm because it taste sweet and really moisturing and leaves a minty smell! Have already gone through three pots of them, they kept my lips nicely hydrated and no obvious lines

on 9/16/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to like this cream but since finding out that it has mineral oil I stopped using it. Its also very overpriced for the result that isn't that miraculous.