September 1, 2014 | 1292 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by marce0318

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What can I say? I am in love with creme de La Mer. My skin is very dry, so ,love the moisturizing effect on my skin. Some people consider this cream very tick and greasy, in fact is very thick but not greasy. La mer has other options for oily skin but if you have a dry face this is something you need to try. It is pricey, but it totally worth it.
I have been using this cream for 2 years with non stop, I have noticed whiter skin, no redness, no breakouts. I have not wrinkles or fine lines in my face (except for the eyes, but i don't use the cream in the eye area, you can read my other review about this) but i can tell is good preventing.
The small jar is 155 dlls. it last about 4 months if you use it everyday day and night.. Yes, its pricey but if you can afford it, go for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sensitivity1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ticked that I would buy again as I have repurchased several times but I have recently bought the YSL Youth liberator range which is pretty ok too nothing spectacular but nice enough.
Also just bought the Kiehls range which I'm liking even more for a lot less money, for the moment anyway.
I love the creme de la mer gel moisturiser as my skin would flip out at the thickness of the cream version. I also bought the fluid which is also nice. They don't work wonders for me though either which is why I've been dabbling in other brands. Its just not doing enough to justify the big spends. I can't say anything bad other than the price and it has been doing a pretty good job but as I said nothing earth shattering that I'd expect from the price tag.
I'm going try a few others for a while, as happy so far doing so for a lot less money. I wouldn't mind spending big bucks if the results were there to justify it but sadly not just good enough and I have given them a long and through trial for about 2 years+.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted this for ages and asked my husband for it for Christmas.
I used it as directed and patted it on my skin and it smelt and felt wonderful.
After a few days my skin looked smooth and clear and I was very pleased, but then little white spots appeared on my chin. I continued using it, but more white spots appeared on my cheeks and forehead. I went to see the guy at La Mer in House of Fraser and he told me that the cream was too rich for my skin and to purchase the gel formula instead. I didn't want to spend that type of money on something that could also give me spots.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by spikefive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a 25 y.o. guy and have pretty good but very oily skin. Upon firstly trying this cream I was mortified how heavy and thick it was, but it didn't clog my pores or in fact did anything.
But I used it incorrectly, you really are supposed to press it into the skin and use very very small amount and after the right application, I must say this is pretty good stuff for night hydrating.
It does make me shiny, but during the night I don't care.
To be honest I didn't noticed any miraculous effects but it is one of the best moisturizers I have ever tried. But, the gel crem is much better for the day and the soft one is better for night as I have very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not going to go ecstatic like the media has for years and years over this cream, but I like it enough to keep buying it despite the exorbitant cost. I know I will get super soft skin from it, but I think it is mainly the scent and luxury feel. The La Mer loose powder is the best powder I have ever known, and the concealer is first class. I just like the line over all for it's high quality feel and performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

I've been using this for 10 years now but as an eye cream. I know some people will gasp in shock but it is amazing! I was first recommended it by a make up artist because I had extremely dry eyes (probably eczema). He said don't buy the eye cream buy the original face cream. When I put this on it deeply moisturizes and soothes and I only have a problem with ezcema there when I stop using it. Interestingly my boyfriend suffered from some similar sort of allergy where the skin around his eyes would swell and get very red. Then they would get a little dry. To keep it in control he tried so many ointments but nothing really got rid of it. I suggested he try my Creme de la Mer and he was cured in 24 hours. He suffered from this for so long but it has never come back in a year and a half since he started using it. It gets expensive that he uses my cream every day but I don't mind because at least he isn't suffering. Also I'm 35 years old and don't have one wrinkle around my eyes when I'm relaxed or smiling. Some people might feel that the results are just so-so when they are using it but you will have long term benefits because whatever is in the Miracle Broth works miracles!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was expecting incredible results after paying through my a** for this product... it's nice, but not nice enough to repurchase and did not produce any amazing results.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by lolo100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used this product for 3 months and did notice any difference. My skin texture and complexion was not improved, it did not help any scars or neither did it moisturise my skin, it just felt greasy and felt like it was sitting on top of my skin and not being absorbed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Dolly1984

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trial and error with tons of moisturizers I finally decided to give this highly recognized and scrutinized Cream De La Mer a try. First impression (one 2 oz. jar, 8 weeks) This cream is highly moisturizing. My skin appears thicker and more supple. No breakouts or redness. Application is a bit tedious, I found itís important to warm up my fingers before emulsifying the dime size amount of cream. I have issues with texture therefor thicker creams help minimize flaws. Iíve noticed an overall healthier complexion and less need for makeup and or treatments. be careful not to over use, less is better with this one. I honestly havenít found any cream to compare or that does as much as this. My skin does look better, feels better and I feel more confident because of it. The closes comparison to this is Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream. I also found that to be very effective, yet pricy and it leaves a slight greasy finish. I hope this helps, I know how annoying trail and error can be.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by amanda1nc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I believe that La Mer is the best face cream on the market today. I have tried many face creams and none of them compare to the results I get from La Mer. My face is now smooth and completely hydrated. Wrinkles are smoothing out and blemished disappear miraculously. La Mer is not necessarily for 19 or 20 year olds, but if you have dry skin and are concerned about wrinkles, I highly recommend it. I will not do without it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No