November 23, 2014 | 981 users online

Moisturizers - Almay - Daily Moisturizer 3 for normal-combo skin with grape seed SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm REALLY glad I tried this. I had tried Almay's new moisturizer for oily skin (in the yellow bottle) and wasn't too thrilled with... a wee bit too greasy for an "oily skin" mositurizer and I certainly didn't like that there was menthol in it. I took it back to Walgreens and exchanged it for this (the purple bottle). Whoa, this is tons better! No menthol, a decent sunscreen and grapeseed extract. It's a really good basic moisturizer. Can't beat the price either. I will say it did burn my eyes a bit but then I thought to myself, "There really oughta be a warning on this to not get near your eyes..." then I read the bottle..."avoid eye area." Duh! Anywhoo, I'll probably buy this again. Maybe try the dry skin kind next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by annie912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after Paula Begoun named it a 'Paula Pick' and a best product for her September/October 2006 newsletter. I was out of sunscreen and needed something in a pinch. I have been very pleased. This is definitely for normal to oily skin. Those with very oily skin will find it greasy, but those who tend to have dry patches but are still prone to T-zone oiliness and breakouts will be very pleased. It contains both UVA and UVB protection, and a number of antioxidants - grapeseed in the largest amount, as well as Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by maliceson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff. I used to use Clinique but can't afford it anymore so this is a great replacement for less. At first it does feel a little greay but that goes away fast. When my skin is a little dryer I use two pumps, a little moister I use one pump. I like it I would definently buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2006 5:30:00 AM More reviews by geekgrl

I applied this moisturizer after toning with the 3 step process and let me tell you......whoa. My skin was greasy and this really stung my eye area. I though Almay was supposed to be for sensitive skin. I was wrong. Plus, the smell of this smells like the typical sunscreen gross smell. This was not good for my skin. I'm disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very basic & light SPF 15 moistuizer. I like my skin care stuff to have a little more "oomph" and preferably anti-aging prperties so I swapper this away, but it's good for anyone who only needs something basic. Personally wouldn't repurchase because it's not the kind of product I need, but it's still a good basic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Kati1818

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love Almay's new 1-2-3 line. This moisturizer is wonderful...it hasn't made my skin break out and I actually think it's giving my skin a beautiful, healthy glow. Go Almay!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by bobaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pro: Moisturizes, SPF 15, dirt cheap!
Con: Can be greasy, has a funky "sunscreen" scent, dislike the pump applicator.

While my face is soft and smooth after using this, I'm not sure if I would repurchase. I prefer Olay to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am going to cross my fingers and hope that this is never discontinued! I have the hardest time with skin care products. Anything that may feel great at first leads to reactions, breakouts, dry patches, or oiliness. Trust me---my skin is a mess sometimes! This is exactly what I have been looking for in a moisturizer. It is very sheer and lightweight but still provides enough moisture for my combo/sensitive skin. And the SPF 15 is great for daytime, though I use it at night too. And unlike alot of sunscreens, this doesn't sting around my eye area. This feels fantastic and has actually helped reduce my breakouts and evened out my skintone. I also use the Almay Facial Soap 1 for Normal/Combo in this line and love it too. This line has worked wonders for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Laura_Iandoli

I had been using the proactiv system and it was way too drying for me. So, I decided to try the new almay system for combination skin.

This lotion contains no acne-fighting ingredients, but at the same time, it doesn't cause any pimples either. It has a UVA and UVB sunscreen (mine is spf 25, not 15) and it contains a strong antioxidant (grape seed). It does moisturize well, but as far as I'm concerned, it is essentially a sunscreen that wont make you break out.

If your foundation already has spf 25 protection, then you might want to skip this moisturizer and try something else. Also, there's no point to wearing it on your face at night, since it doesn't do much but block the sun.

I do like the product, but I may try the moisturizer for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good, basic moisturizer. It has absolutely NO scent (not even the usual "unscented" chemically-smelling scent), sinks in well, has a decent sunscreen, and doesn't cause breakouts (and I'm really sensitive to that). However, it also doesn't really improve my skin in any noticeable way, except for basic moisturization. This product will not give you any sort of glow. So, final verdict. Not HG material but definitely a good drugstore staple that will do the trick for a lot of people.

UPDATE - After a few months of using this, my skin has never looked better. Bump this up to an HG for sure!