December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Bb Shine

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by morboispleased

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really, really hate this product. The posters mentioning the toxic smell are absolutely right. The only thing I noticed this product doing is making me smell like that bad color hair spray they sell at Halloween. No noticeable shine added. I even tried spraying on my hands and rubbing it through my hair. Nothing. A waste of money

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by blue1berry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff reaks of toxic fumes!! I can't breathe when I spray this garbage, not to mention I break out in red hives. What am I going to do with this toxic crap? I tried to return it from the retailer, but they wont' take it back. I just emailed B&B explaining the allergy reaction I get from it and hopefully they'll give me some sort of refund. At $32, it's not cheap. I've never been a fan of B&B so it was my stupidity to fall for this product...I think I got suckered in by the packaging. Stay away from this spray, it's dangerous!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by MommiePretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

glad to see I'm not the only one who finds the smell of this product totally offensive...! I'll certainly never buy any more of this stuff -- the little bit of barely noticeable shine is hardly a strong counterpoint to the asphyxiating clouds you end up choking on when you actually try to use it, and IMO it's WAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced for what you get (mostly a stinky bathroom that still takes almost 20 mins to clear out even w/the overhead fan on!)... I give it one lippie only b/c I can't give it zero!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Guru4u

This product delivers great shine but too much of it and it can look dirty. The gold tube it comes in makes you feel like a diva and is fun. My only real gripe is the smell is far from pleasant and it being an aerosal, it fills the air.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No other product among the many I've tried gives this gorgeous glass-like shine--love, love this! The plasticky smell disappates in a few minutes. Now if you drench your head in it and it mixes with your scalp oils, who knows how long the smell will last. However, do what the salon stylists do--spray a little onto your palms (a *little*) and smooth it on--perfect! Respectfully submitted, colormepink

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by dahooie

The smell is AWFUL! Totally unacceptable. Who cares about shine when your hair stinks to high-heaven? The smell DOES NOT go away for hours too. Glad I bought the teeny-tiny size from my local salon. Would allow my worst enemy to buy this product....well, maybe my WORST enemy ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think that the actual product is great. But the price, packaging and smell are what ruined it for me. A small bottle packaged inside of a large cardboard version was a total dissapointment to find, after the $30CDN that I paid. I loved the shine that I had after using the spray but the smell caught me off gaurd. It's chemical smelling and potent as would get wiffs of it through out the day. I wouldn't purchase again as I think that there are products on the market that are just as effective for the same amount of money and use way less packaging to hype up there product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by rynlee83

I hate how expensive this product is, I paid 30$ Canadian for the small can, only to get home and open it up like a Russian doll to reveal an even tinier spray can. But it's a good product. My hair is looking better than it ever has, and I use Bb shine after I flat iron, it adds kind of a finish that no other spray seems to, Ive tried every shine spray out there, before Bb I used Fekkai shine spray, none seem to completely coat my hair with shine armour like Bb. It's a strange result, I can see how some people wouldn't care for it, because your hair feels artificial, and for whatever reason it makes my hair staticky, which has never happened before ever.
The smell isn't the greatest, but not nearly as bad as everyone seems to think, just smells a little chemical. I still love my Fekkai glossing cream, but Bb Shine is great to have for super straight styles, and in photos my hair looks unbelievable shiny. And naturally my hair is v. dry and not shiny at all, so I can only imagine how shiny your hair will become if you are one of those blessed naturally with healthy shiny hair. Have I used the word 'shiny' enough? It's lost all meaning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that I've been using this product for quite some time, and it's my absolute favorite. It is the only shine spray that does not weigh down my hair. I use it day after day without washing and it always produces the same light, shiny results. The only thing that's pretty rough is the smell. Generally, I spray it on my hair and then run out of the bathroom to brush it out. Even for all of that, it is definitely worth it! I'll keep repurchasing....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by pinkpillow

I have never been this satisfied with a shine product before! Shine is super light weight and makes my finished hair look unbelievably shiny and glassy. I try not to use it every day because of the price, and this is my first bottle so I am not sure how long it lasts. I definitely recommend this product!