MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 12/18/2012 7:54:00 AM

Ricepaper. Frost. Neutral.
Frosty pale sand color. Perfect lid color. I love to pair it up with browns and plums, though it is so versatile- it can go with everything. Deserves a place of honor in my Top 10 Mac eyeshadows.

I use this more than any other shadow. Love it, highly recommend it. I most use it for blending with soft greens and blues.

on 12/5/2012 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

How have I not tried this shadow before?!?! This shadow has one of the best textures I've found in a MAC eyeshadow. I feel like MAC eyeshadow textures can be a bit hit or miss; some are really hard and have poor pay off, others are great. This one is so soft, with excellent payoff, and applies like a dream. The color is a soft gold. I know a lot of people with darker skin use it as a highlight, which I can see how it would be gorgeous for that, and I think that's why I didn't try it for so long. For me, as NC15, it's a pale soft gold which I love on the lid. It would be far too dark for me as a highlight. It plays well with others too. I always use it on the lid with shadows like Amber Lights, Saddle, Swiss Chocolate, Omega, Sumptuous Olive, Naval, Deep Damson, or Fig 1 in the crease. I think my favorites are Rice paper and Amber Lights and/or with Swiss Chocolate.

on 10/22/2012 4:28:00 PM

MAC Ricepaper is a very pretty frosty eyeshadow colour with a very nice subtle gold shimmer undertone which would also serve as a highlighting colour perfectly. I am fair skin with warm undertones and I used this to highlight my nose area and brow bones. I also noticed that it is incredibly gorgeous on the decoletee area as well due to its high reflectiveness and versatility.
Note: If you are Asian this colour perfectly brightens up your eye area without being too heavy.
Overall, I am very satisfied with it. :)

on 10/8/2012 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh, Ricepaper, how I do love you! So much so that I've got 2 pro pans; one for each of my most commonly used shadow palettes so I don't have to switch between them. Lazy? You betcha!
Wonderful warm, light beige/yellow shimmer. Not too heavy on the yellow. Not too heavy on the creamy beige. Not too heavy on the frost. I use it almost daily as a lid color with a bevy assortment of browns, neutrals, purples, and others for crease and outer lid shades. Ricepaper is just shimmery enough to pick up some brightness amidst matte neutrals, and lightly yellow enough to look like my NC20-25 color but better when paired with darker shade colors. Smooth texture, spreads easy, and covers well. Also works well as an evening highlight color for this warm redhead. My skin tone finds Phloof too frosty cool, and Naked Lunch a bit too pink. Ricepaper, however, rocks!

on 9/27/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is a great highlight color for tan skin (I'm NW35 for your ref). I tried Nylon first but found it too harsh and was basically white on me. If you are looking for SUPER shimmery, look elsewhere, even though it's listed as a frost, it appears on the skin as a sheen rather than shimmer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic eyebrow highlight powder. I also love to use it as an inner corner highlight. Very little fallout, and blends very well. I recommend getting this because it can be versatile.

on 9/20/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have Ricepaper but i donít use it often. I think that I have way too many neutral eyeshadows and I will need 5 life times to use them all up.

on 9/20/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I find this to be a very subtle highlight, which is okay for days that i'm not wearing eye makeup but I do like the more frosty look. This comes off as a satin and is sometimes hard to show up on me and almost appears matte at times. That's not a bad thing at all, but like I said, I do like frosty highlights (MAC Nylon & Urban Decay Sin). I find the pigmentation not as good on this for me, but it still shows up decent.

on 8/14/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this for a gentle highlight. its not too shimmery or obvious, its softer. its also yellow toned which looks better on my skin tone