December 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I got this nearly free at CVS because of sales and coupons, at a time when I was low on makeup remover. I hadn't researched it but figured with the steep discount, I'd try it. Wish I had my reciept because this is as useless as the Simple eye makeup remover... as about effective as water. This product doesn't remove even non-waterproof, non-longwearing, non-heavy/dark eye makeup. Rather, it smears it around and requires about 3 saturated cotton pads to remove roughly half of my light, regular eyemakeup. It doesn't even remove Almay mascara! Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely not made for sensitive eyes. It feels like you just poured nail polish remover into your eyes.

While it does take off eye makeup, the intense and uncomfortable burning and drying sensations are absolutely not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WHAT THE !!!! My mom gave me this because it irritated her, well she's not the only one!! I also thought this was like nail polish remover!! Almay, seriously!?!?! This stuff BURNED! I'm glad this didn't damage my eyes worse. Hypo-allergenic my ass. This shit is BAD! Stay far FAR AWAY!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

I had to use this for a week while staying at a friend's house. It hurt my eyes, was very drying, and smelled like acetone. I actually had to ask to make sure she hadn't filled the bottle with nail polish remover instead of make-up remover. (Definitely not. Yay! I'm not blind!) After a few tries, I decided it was better to not wear eye makeup than to keep using this remover. Sure, I have kinda sensitive skin, but this was especially unpleasant. There are many drugstore products that are much better. Or if you want a quick eye-makeup remover, use warm olive or coconut oil. it stings a tiny bit, but gets the job done and won't irritate your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this but I prefer the pads, I got the bottle because I thought that it would last longer. i feel that I need to use a few cotton balls to get the makeup off, but with the pads i only use one, so idk if it will actually last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by COAS87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this obviously to remove eyemakeup.. I usually use the ELF makeup remover wipes! which work wonders. I was looking for something if i needed to target a small area with like a qtip.... so I got this to try, as almay products always seem very high quality for drugstore.. I wanted makeup remover with no oil in it, .. and that doesn't seperate in the bottle.. this was the ONLY one I could find!! Thank goodness I found this one! it is perfect.. i actually put it in a decorative soap dispenser on my vanity for easy use, and so far, it has worked wonders! Works with qtips and cotton balls... I sitll use the elf wipes for full face, but when doing my makeup and screwing up, this takes it away quickly and effortlessly!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by blesdchile

I normally use Equate oil-free eye-makeup remover. I love it but had run out. I was in Kroger when I saw the Almay oil-free eye makeup remover on sale. I bought two bottles. I figured because it was Almay, it would be comparable or better than Equate (which is actually comparable to Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup remover).

I hated it the first time I used it. The smell was very strong and it stung my eyes terribly. To top it off, it didn't remove my makeup well. Typically, I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara (not waterproof). Almay removed the make-up poorly and because of the stinging, I ended up washing off the rest when I wash the rest of my face. Equate removes all of the makeup and NO STINGING.

For the price, even on sale, Almay came in a smaller bottle (4.0 oz), while Equate comes in a larger bottle (5.5 oz).

Eventually, I went out and bought two bottles of my Equate and poured the remaining Almay down the sink. The other bottle will follow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the Almay liquid remover in the purple bottle. I bought 3 or 4 of these because they were such a good price at Walgreens but now I regret hoarding the stuff. It does nothing but sting my eyes horribly. I put some makeup remover on a cotton pad, set it on my eyes for a few seconds and then wipe away. It leaves my eyes burning and not able to see for a good 15 minutes. I'm going back to Neutrogena. That stuff actually worked and I never had a problem. Funny thing is, the makeup remover pads from almay are awesome! Never had a problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Kastehelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I expect very little from an eye makeup remover: it should remove all of my eye makeup and not irritate my eyes. While it may not irritate my eyes as it has for other reviewers it doesn't get off all of my makeup, even if I remove most of it with a swipe of oil first. If I use 2 cotton balls and a few sheets of toilet paper on each eye I can remove my heavy eyeshadow "night out" look, but that's if I use the tissue and oil to take most of it off first. I have had the bottle for two weeks and I have used over half the bottle. Mind you, I only wear gel eyeliner on a daily basis, and mascara every other day. If I try to wipe off my makeup using this alone it takes just 1/3 of it off and I practically have to tug on my eye to get it to absorb the makeup. Not good, don't waste your money. Even if you don't wear long-wearing makeup there is surely a better eye makeup remover out there at this price range!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dried my eyes so bad, I couldn't wear makeup for a MONTH.