Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/21/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'd like this product to be taken off the shelves already. It requires multiple swipes to remove even non-waterproof eye makeup and it stings! I'm left with bloodshot eyes with remnants of smeared liner and mascara still clinging to my eyelids and waterline. Ugh. Worst makeup remover ever!

on 11/27/2012 2:59:00 PM

The bottle is attractive. That's it for Pro's. The liquid says fragrance-free. It should say "no added fragrance" because it STINKS like a chemistry lab. And it doesn't work.

on 11/20/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to say, I got this nearly free at CVS because of sales and coupons, at a time when I was low on makeup remover. I hadn't researched it but figured with the steep discount, I'd try it. Wish I had my reciept because this is as useless as the Simple eye makeup remover... as about effective as water. This product doesn't remove even non-waterproof, non-longwearing, non-heavy/dark eye makeup. Rather, it smears it around and requires about 3 saturated cotton pads to remove roughly half of my light, regular eyemakeup. It doesn't even remove Almay mascara! Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/11/2012 4:03:00 AM

This is definitely not made for sensitive eyes. It feels like you just poured nail polish remover into your eyes.

While it does take off eye makeup, the intense and uncomfortable burning and drying sensations are absolutely not worth it.

on 11/7/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

WHAT THE !!!! My mom gave me this because it irritated her, well she's not the only one!! I also thought this was like nail polish remover!! Almay, seriously!?!?! This stuff BURNED! I'm glad this didn't damage my eyes worse. Hypo-allergenic my ass. This shit is BAD! Stay far FAR AWAY!!!!

on 8/10/2012 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had to use this for a week while staying at a friend's house. It hurt my eyes, was very drying, and smelled like acetone. I actually had to ask to make sure she hadn't filled the bottle with nail polish remover instead of make-up remover. (Definitely not. Yay! I'm not blind!) After a few tries, I decided it was better to not wear eye makeup than to keep using this remover. Sure, I have kinda sensitive skin, but this was especially unpleasant. There are many drugstore products that are much better. Or if you want a quick eye-makeup remover, use warm olive or coconut oil. it stings a tiny bit, but gets the job done and won't irritate your skin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this but I prefer the pads, I got the bottle because I thought that it would last longer. i feel that I need to use a few cotton balls to get the makeup off, but with the pads i only use one, so idk if it will actually last longer.

on 6/11/2012 3:30:00 PM

I got this obviously to remove eyemakeup.. I usually use the ELF makeup remover wipes! which work wonders. I was looking for something if i needed to target a small area with like a qtip.... so I got this to try, as almay products always seem very high quality for drugstore.. I wanted makeup remover with no oil in it, .. and that doesn't seperate in the bottle.. this was the ONLY one I could find!! Thank goodness I found this one! it is perfect.. i actually put it in a decorative soap dispenser on my vanity for easy use, and so far, it has worked wonders! Works with qtips and cotton balls... I sitll use the elf wipes for full face, but when doing my makeup and screwing up, this takes it away quickly and effortlessly!

on 6/8/2012 9:40:00 PM

I normally use Equate oil-free eye-makeup remover. I love it but had run out. I was in Kroger when I saw the Almay oil-free eye makeup remover on sale. I bought two bottles. I figured because it was Almay, it would be comparable or better than Equate (which is actually comparable to Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup remover).

I hated it the first time I used it. The smell was very strong and it stung my eyes terribly. To top it off, it didn't remove my makeup well. Typically, I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara (not waterproof). Almay removed the make-up poorly and because of the stinging, I ended up washing off the rest when I wash the rest of my face. Equate removes all of the makeup and NO STINGING.

For the price, even on sale, Almay came in a smaller bottle (4.0 oz), while Equate comes in a larger bottle (5.5 oz).

Eventually, I went out and bought two bottles of my Equate and poured the remaining Almay down the sink. The other bottle will follow.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the Almay liquid remover in the purple bottle. I bought 3 or 4 of these because they were such a good price at Walgreens but now I regret hoarding the stuff. It does nothing but sting my eyes horribly. I put some makeup remover on a cotton pad, set it on my eyes for a few seconds and then wipe away. It leaves my eyes burning and not able to see for a good 15 minutes. I'm going back to Neutrogena. That stuff actually worked and I never had a problem. Funny thing is, the makeup remover pads from almay are awesome! Never had a problem.