The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

If you love the smell, which is definitely an acquired taste, then you will love this body butter. it feels intensely moisturizing and refreshing, would recommend use of it in the morning though as the smell is very strong and you probably don't want that when you are sleeping. But the smell is great, it is very moisturizing, the package is adorable and you get a good amount of product and need to use very little.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I rubbed the Satsuma Body butter all over my skin this morning. The aroma is very strong so I used only a little bit on the standard black person ashy areas (knees, elbows, etc.) When I arrived at work, a male coworker told me that he hated my perfume. His bushy black eyebrows were arched in an evil manner; like an evil smiley emoticon. He told me that he would rather inhale my natural body stench if I were on a garlic and chili diet. He said that he usually enjoyed girly scents but in this case, he'd rather inhale nail polish remover while eating a bludgeoned, black spotted banana mixed with chutney. I realized, I, too was becoming dizzy from the scent so I tried to wash it off but it didn't work. Even though this butter needs to be severely diluted before applying, you'll like it if it doesn't burn off all your nostril hairs. Do NOT wear it if you're planning on being in a poorly ventilated area.... unless you have a citrusy death wish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The satsuma scent remains on my skin throughout the day, and it is the only body butter I've used that has not caused an allergic reaction. It's moisturizing and sinks into the skin well.

same as the shower gel, smells great at first, but after a little while the smell changes to a weird smell like beer gone bad.......also, this isn't hydrating at all, just sits on top of your skin. I heard this happens with all TBS body butter?

You know those orange flavored tictacs we all love so much? Or the orange Mr. Sketch markers we all loved as kids? Yeah, that is what this smells like. It's a pungent "I'm orange and I'm here, so sniff away!" Kind of smell. I love it. I smell like amazing candy and it's fresh and clean and just a happy smell. It reminds me of art class as a small child and wanting to do nothing but smell my orange scented marker, and summer car rides with my mom, who would occasionally surprise me by having these in her purse and would give me a few to suck on while we drove with the windows down and sang along with the radio. Its a nostalgic smell that brings me back to happy times, and for that reason alone I will buy it again and again. Oh! It also.moisturizes like a dream and is not greasy at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I truly love the smell, and the formula for the body butter itself is amazing, but there's one thing that will keep me from repurchasing the product and that is that... it apparently smells like beer? I don't know. My dad thought so, and you know I took THAT with a grain of salt, but just the other day, I was on the bus. My hands were chapped, so I put some of this on. The smell is strong, and the bus driver actually thought the kids in the back were drinking. 0.0 I let my friends have another whiff of the body butter later on and they were like, "Yeah, it kind of smells like Blue Moon."

I would definitely wear this when I'm chilling at home, but in public? Not anymore. I'd love to try a different scent of this body butter, though, that I could wear everywhere without worrying if I smell like a tavern. ;o

I have to start by saying that if I wrote this review a month ago I would be raving about it. I just recently bought a new container of it, and they changed the formula, now it is thicker and not as fragrant. I would put it on before work, and the yummy scent would stay for a couple hours. Not anymore... I think it is a good moisturizer, one of the better ones I have used. Definitely more for summer skin, I don't think the scent or the formula would yield very good results in the winter. I will probably try other products before coming back to this one.

I love this so much.
It moisturisers my skin so well. My skin looks and feels so much better.
It smells absolouelty fantastic.

I use it with the matching Body Polish/scrub
I will continue to use this!
Definatly worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this fragrance, although I think it's better suited in body wash form. As with all Body Shop body butters, it does a great job of moisturizing, and I don't find it greasy personally. I think I like Mango and Strawberry better than this, but it's still a great scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I already reviewed the Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter, and I stated it's amazing. It relieved my dry elbows, the smell is nice and not too potent but fresh and it is greasy compared to a lot of other lotions, which is probably why it works so damn well.

Now, Satsuma smells amazing as well, when I think of The Body Shop, I think of Satsuma. It's their signature walking through the mall "Oh, what's that?" smell. However, when I put it on, everyone can smell it on me. I don't mind, I like smelling it, but my mother hates the smell. So it can be offensive if the people around you don't like it. If you're going to an office meeting or a party, I'd suggest to wear something else, maybe another scent? If you're gonna be by yourself, in your room or house all nice. Or maybe running to get some groceries, I'd be all over this!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products