The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/16/2012 8:21:00 AM

same as the shower gel, smells great at first, but after a little while the smell changes to a weird smell like beer gone bad.......also, this isn't hydrating at all, just sits on top of your skin. I heard this happens with all TBS body butter?

on 10/29/2012 4:21:00 AM

You know those orange flavored tictacs we all love so much? Or the orange Mr. Sketch markers we all loved as kids? Yeah, that is what this smells like. It's a pungent "I'm orange and I'm here, so sniff away!" Kind of smell. I love it. I smell like amazing candy and it's fresh and clean and just a happy smell. It reminds me of art class as a small child and wanting to do nothing but smell my orange scented marker, and summer car rides with my mom, who would occasionally surprise me by having these in her purse and would give me a few to suck on while we drove with the windows down and sang along with the radio. Its a nostalgic smell that brings me back to happy times, and for that reason alone I will buy it again and again. Oh! It also.moisturizes like a dream and is not greasy at all.

on 9/25/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I truly love the smell, and the formula for the body butter itself is amazing, but there's one thing that will keep me from repurchasing the product and that is that... it apparently smells like beer? I don't know. My dad thought so, and you know I took THAT with a grain of salt, but just the other day, I was on the bus. My hands were chapped, so I put some of this on. The smell is strong, and the bus driver actually thought the kids in the back were drinking. 0.0 I let my friends have another whiff of the body butter later on and they were like, "Yeah, it kind of smells like Blue Moon."

I would definitely wear this when I'm chilling at home, but in public? Not anymore. I'd love to try a different scent of this body butter, though, that I could wear everywhere without worrying if I smell like a tavern. ;o

on 7/10/2012 4:29:00 PM

I have to start by saying that if I wrote this review a month ago I would be raving about it. I just recently bought a new container of it, and they changed the formula, now it is thicker and not as fragrant. I would put it on before work, and the yummy scent would stay for a couple hours. Not anymore... I think it is a good moisturizer, one of the better ones I have used. Definitely more for summer skin, I don't think the scent or the formula would yield very good results in the winter. I will probably try other products before coming back to this one.

on 6/27/2012 2:25:00 PM

I love this so much.
It moisturisers my skin so well. My skin looks and feels so much better.
It smells absolouelty fantastic.

I use it with the matching Body Polish/scrub
I will continue to use this!
Definatly worth a try!

on 5/24/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this fragrance, although I think it's better suited in body wash form. As with all Body Shop body butters, it does a great job of moisturizing, and I don't find it greasy personally. I think I like Mango and Strawberry better than this, but it's still a great scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I already reviewed the Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter, and I stated it's amazing. It relieved my dry elbows, the smell is nice and not too potent but fresh and it is greasy compared to a lot of other lotions, which is probably why it works so damn well.

Now, Satsuma smells amazing as well, when I think of The Body Shop, I think of Satsuma. It's their signature walking through the mall "Oh, what's that?" smell. However, when I put it on, everyone can smell it on me. I don't mind, I like smelling it, but my mother hates the smell. So it can be offensive if the people around you don't like it. If you're going to an office meeting or a party, I'd suggest to wear something else, maybe another scent? If you're gonna be by yourself, in your room or house all nice. Or maybe running to get some groceries, I'd be all over this!

I have mixed feelings about this product. First, the positive aspect: it smells DIVINE. Omg, I LOVE anything citrus and this is the best citrus scent I've ever smelled. Like a batch of juicy, invigorating mandarins that I want to roll all over my naked body (not that I've ever done that...*shifty eyes*). It's just so fresh and authentic! However, it's the product itself that fails. To me it's really greasy and doesn't sink into the skin right away; in fact, my hands almost feel sweaty for hours after I've originally smoothed on this product. Not cute at all. So this body butter will probably just be one I sniff and have a nose-gasm over in the store, but not purchase. Such a shame, too. Love the scent :(

on 2/24/2012 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! My mom always sends me and my roommate goodie bags for Christmas, and this was in our bags! I just finished this up tonight, and I smell great! At first I was kind of put off by the smell, but I grew to love it. I think it might be too strong for some people who are sensitive to smells or are allergic to perfumes, so if you're one of those people, I'd stay away, but for others, try this out! I love Body Shop body butters way more than BBW body butters because I find BBW butters leave me greasy feelings, while this soaks right in and makes me feel all supple and sweet. I shower at night and I slather this on afterwards. I probably won't use it in the summer, but since it's the dead of winter, my skin needs all the moisture it can get. I'll definitely repurchase this scent as well as other scents!

on 2/5/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this body butter. The scent is amazing, and really smells like mandarins. I really got a lot of compliments on it when I open the jar at the nail salon (and you know how strong that place can smell!). I don't find the moisturizing aspect to be that amazing, but it's alright. The body butter absorbs fast and is grease-less - which is a plus for me.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products