April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a standard silicone-based primer, I suppose. It doesn't control oil, but it does smooth out the skin and prep the face to make foundation application much easier and smoother. No complains, but no raves here either!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If your looking for a product that instantly smooths, evens out tone and reduces the visibility of pores then this could be a winner for you. I do think its better than any other similar products I have tried (as I am really interested in getting rid of my large pores and improving the general appearance of my skin) such as Benefit's That Gal primer, Dr. Feel Good and Porefessional and Clinique pore minimiser. But being someone who is obsessed with skincare, this product definitely feels like a 'make-up' product. It isn't that easy to rub in and I don't really like pulling at my skin in this way. In hindsight, I would rather focus on finding good toners to minimise my pores and keep my skin in better conditioner rather than simply using this product to mask it. But when masking is absolutely necessary this product is at the ready.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer and gives a lovely velvety smooth finish to the skin. Makeup lasts all day using this. The only thing I don't like is the jar packaging (unhygienic and annoying to get your hands into the small jar) and it is a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this and use it daily. Even before I put my makeup on my skin looked better. It really helps if you have a problem with makeup settling in pores. This prevents that beautifully. Interesting story from the Clarins rep. She said a man was 'circling' the Clarins counter and she finally asked if she could help him find something. He said he was going to a job interview and needed something to cover a piercing. She brought out this and applied it over the small hole and he bought it on the spot. I'll continue to use this. For days that you don't wear makeup it greatly improves the look of your skin.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know... I just don't know... It kind of makes my pores less visible but wrinkle-wise it just doesn't really do anything for me. As I don't use foundation I was hoping this would do a little bit more blurring than it does, with BB cream on top it is okay, but I'm doubting if I will repurchase this. It does too little for the money it costs (€25 here in the Netherlands). But I will continue experimenting with this to make it work for me :)!
UPDATE: I use this with Max Factor's Facefinity compact on top now. Finally I see the pro's of this stuff! The combination really makes my pores almost invisible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I can't really tell whether this product is doing anything special for me. It's not a bad product by any means, but it's not great either.

I find it very similar to L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer in the glass jar, but may be just a tad bit softer and more blendable.

I use it around my mouth where I have some 'smile lines' and old acne scarring. I also use it around my nose and between my eyebrows but I've started to break out specifically in those areas, so I've quite using this for now.

I don't necessarily see any difference with how my makeup wears when I use this or when I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!!!! Itīs my favorite primer ever, really! I have tried benefit, smashbox, clinique, and other brands and clarins smooth perfecting touch is the best one far away.
I have combination skin, it doesnīt brake me out, controls oil in my nose super well, it leaves like a veil in my face and my make up stays perfect all day long. What can I say? Just buy it it is much more better than benefit pores prof.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by gems4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How have I missed this brand and product? This along with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm has made all the difference in 56 year old skin.

My makeup doesn't move, my pores appear less noticeable, my skin is smoother and brighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of those products worshipped by beauty bloggers, I knew I had to try this, being on the hunt for a new primer after Benefit, ELF and No. 7 primers really let me down - my foundation was always a mess during the day and No. 7's matte formula just balled up on my face since I don't use an oily moisturiser. I received a tiny fingernail-sized sample from the Clarins counter at Boots to try.
I'm happy to say I fell in love with the product - the tiniest amount smooths out all the bumps and imperfections on my face allowing any foundation to glide on easily. It keeps my makeup in place throughout the day with only a brief powder touchup to keep my oily nose under control. The miniature sample even lasted 4.5 uses, amazing!
Despite being a broke student I'll be paying ~Ģ20 for a full-sized jar which should last me months - definitely worth the money, especially since my skin and makeup look great all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I love this stuff! I use it under Bare Minerals Matte and it massively extends wear, staying power and oil control. It has a matte finish and a jar has lasted me 6 months. It comes with a spatula, which I don't bother with. It's also good at smoothing out lined areas. I prefer it to Smashbox original as it's more moisturising, makes lines look better yet has the same matte finish. If you wait a couple of minutes before applying your fdn, it works better. It even works over makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No