July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Zippernose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product is meant to be used with anything other than other Laura Mercier products which is a shame. I bought this because it was oil-free and I thought it would be a great primer for my L'oreal Lumi foundation and it's decent but not great. At first, it primes beautifully and my foundation looks great on my skin, but after a few hours, it slips off and my foundation looks terrible. I might just reserve this primer for my Laura Mercier tinted foundation but other than that, I will swap it out of my daily routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by obartel

First and foremost: You MUST use this product with ANOTHER oil-free foundation. Otherwise it's like oil and water, literally.

I switched to this primer from Smashbox because the tube is almost double the size, and a bit cheaper. This is definitely not as good as Smashbox's photo finish primer, but I do not need the same level of oil control Smashbox provides at this point so Laura Mercier does the job alright.

I'm on my third tube, and I'm not sure why but the consistency is a bit different, a little thicker this time around. It blends just as easily, but it is less watery and lotion-like and almost has a slight cottage cheese texture.

The tube will last a long time, ~3-5 months. And, you can squeeze literally every last drop out. Being a tube, if you're really cheap like me you can cut off the end once it's nearly empty.

It doesn't take long to dry, and it feels very hydrating upon application.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have the benefits like some of the other, more popular primers. It doesn't minimize your pore visibility or correct a great deal of redness. It does smooth out my skin very well however, so for the amount of the product for the price I get, I will probably continue buying.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cdias16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally dont wear alot of make unless i have a few pimples. In the last couple of weeks i wore make up foundation due to dinners/parties etc. and i reached for this primer that i bought last year.

This primer caused a major break out on my forehead that i'm still trying to settle down. If you have acne prone and sensitive skin i would get a sample of this and try it out (thats if you REALLY want to try it out, other wise stay away)

. Bc i was only using this product maybe once every two- three weeks i didn't notice anything major. However bc i used this three times within ten days it totally messed up my skin. You would think that a primer that is this expensive would be a great product.

i think i'll either try to find something more natural or stay away from primers altogether. it seems like a big hassle to find something that works.

Word of advice, definitely research reviews and ingredients before making a big purchase like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really surpised by the low ratings on this product. I have NC20, clog prone, sensitive skin which is sometimes a pain because SO many products make my skin break out badly.

I tried oil free since I do get oily throughout the day and I thought, what the heck its not going to work for me, but it does!

-Creates a beautiful base for foundation, or can be worn alone on lazy days!
-DOES NOT LEAVE A WHITE CAST. A problem Ihave with Hourglass Veil Primer.
-MINIMIZES MY BIG PORES without making it look like I have any product on. I tried porefessional, monistat, photo finish, clinique which was horrible an other pore minimizing products, all failure.
-Does NOT clog. Most popular products on MUA clog me leading to zits.
-Feel watery. I HATE silicone-based primers like the photo finish, they feel heavy on the skin.

I will continue to buy. If you thought this was helpful please vote up, thank you

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by pinkdoctor88

This is a good primer! It makes my foundation last the whole time i'm in school. Stress and an oily face comes along with being a medical student and i used to not wear a primer over my foundation which made my face look cakey and blotchy at the end of the day. After using LM oil-free foundation primer, my makeup looked like it was an hour old even after 12 hours of wear.:) will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After loving the original formula I decided to try this one as I have combination skin. I love water based primers so the consistency didn't put me off completely but it is very watery. It also has a plasticky smell. I don't react to things very often but this caused a reaction that I was fighting for several weeks in the form of lots of small raised bumps under my skin. I can't comment on it's performance as a primer but if your deciding between them then the original formula wins hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this primer for the past 6 months and I really enjoy it. It keeps my makeup on and I like how easy it is to blend without the silicone feeling. It has no scent that I can tell. Sometimes the opening and the cap get a little messy from the product but otherwise I like the packaging. I have pretty oily skin, and this does not prevent or delay the shine from coming through, but it does keep my makeup from looking blotchy. Have already repurchased another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it does what it's supposed to do. My foundation does stay put longer with it on but at 1,590 Baht (which is about $53) there must be something better and cheaper out there. Also, I feel a tingling feeling when I apply it but maybe it's just me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I've used this product through the hottest part of the summer and into early autumn. While I do think it probably helped keep my foundation on during the hotter months, I noticed recently (now that's it's not so hot) that my foundation actually looks smoother and lasts about the same without this primer under it. So this product is mostly useless, in my opinion, and I'm throwing it out. Next summer I'll be looking for a better oil-free primer.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I gave this product a 3 because it does the job, but it's nothing special as far as I can tell.

It keeps my makeup (Chanel Perfection Lumiere) on all day, through hot and humid summer days. It doesn't eliminate shine or hide pores. That said,it doesn't make anything worse either.

I like the squeeze-tube packaging. However, I've only been using it for about a month, and already the cap has broken. (It still works and seals, but the outer part of the cap broke away from the inner functional part of it.)

I plan to finish the tube and then I'll probably look for something different for next summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MAC92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a new primer for some time and I got this one in the 14.7ml sample, almost 4-5months ago and I still haven't finished it! I wear foundation every day/second day but with this primer you only need to use the smallest amount, probably a pea size or less - a little goes a long way! I would recommend this primer over the MAC prep + prime primer any day. I have normal-oily skin and although the MAC primer feels a lot smoother and nicer to put on your face, the Laura Mercier one actually leaves you with a matte and flawless looking face for much longer. It also does not break me out which is a bonus! I will definitely be purchasing the full sized primer soon.