November 23, 2014 | 2094 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by alisonmarie1

I do like this primer, it makes my makeup last longer, but that's about it. Might repurchase in the future but want to try other primers! Good size product, got my moneys worth. Nice, lightweight, not sticky and no offensive smell. Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My fav primer after trying SO many others - I have now been using this one for a few years and everytime I try something else, I regret it and come back to this! I recommend anyone with oily skin give this a try. It is $40, however one bottle lasts a very long time... I think my current one is from late 2012 and has still not completely run out!

PROS:
- no heavy feeling
- dries quickly
- won't make your makeup feel like it's turning to mud when you are applying, or later in the day (unless you use too much)
- makeup goes on smooth

I have tried the following foundation primers and more and have been unimpressed and come back to my LM oil free primer everytime!
- MAC Matte
- Smashbox (Photofinish Light, Photofinish Correcting - purple and green)
- Make Up For Ever Microperfecting Primer
- NARS Oil Free Pore Refining Primer
- Lancôme La Base Pro

Really worth a try if you haven't found a primer that is working for you yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by underage

I got a sample of this primer and have tried it both in summer and winter. I have normal/combo skin and it did nothing in my opinion. Its a thin formula that's not silicone feeling at all. It doesn't help my foundation go on smoother or last longer. I prefer my Revlon Color Stay primer over this one! Might be good for oily skin but not my cup of tea.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by scorpiongal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I recently purchased this product along with Laura Mercier's oil free supreme foundation and invisible loose setting powder. I feel that it really helps in making the makeup last for 7-8 hours. It's very hot and humid where I live and I also have combination skin, therefore, I need an excellent primer to keep my makeup from melting! Laura Mercier's oil free primer does the trick for me. It works as an overall primer for the skin. However, I do use Clinique's instant perfector (pore refining solutions) for the pores on my cheeks and Make Up For Ever's All Mat face matifying primer for my nose. Hence, you can use Laura Mercier's oil free foundation primer as a base but if you're looking for a specific function in your primer, you'd be better off with another one.

It is oil free, so I have not had any breakouts thus far and I hope it stays that way! Overall, a good product and I am going to purchase it again unless I find one that's better this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by staceymonteith

This definitely helps my make-up to last longer, but not hugely - I still have to blot by the early afternoon. I also don't notice any difference to pores and I don't feel any difference in skin texture/condition after applying. So while this is an ok product, I'll keep looking for something that really does the job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Was skeptical to purchase this primer after reading reviews but spent ages in John Lewis trying to find a foundation primer for oily skin and I generally love LM products... although I wouldn't recommend this foundation primer for oily skin.

It is good for normal/dry skin types and helps even out your foundation as a base. But there wasn't any shine control at all and I need something that will control this throughout the day.

I wouldn't say it was any better than other drugstore primer but you pay for the name for this one! I would say it was overpriced but the bottle is quite big so will last a while and a little goes a long way, packaging is in a squeezy tube which is fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by btjm

I use this before LM oil-free supreme foundation. Two together gave me a horrible look, but it is probably due the foundation. About this primer, nothing really special. It doesn't give a flawless look but it does make skin feel smoother. But it has a plasticy smell though.... Since it is my first primer, idk, idk if it's good or not. Feels ok for me. lol. But won't repurchase cuz wanna try some other primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ClaireV

I only used this product 3 or 4 times, horrible tacky substance that made my skin break out. Supposedly oil free but I'm not so sure....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Zippernose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product is meant to be used with anything other than other Laura Mercier products which is a shame. I bought this because it was oil-free and I thought it would be a great primer for my L'oreal Lumi foundation and it's decent but not great. At first, it primes beautifully and my foundation looks great on my skin, but after a few hours, it slips off and my foundation looks terrible. I might just reserve this primer for my Laura Mercier tinted foundation but other than that, I will swap it out of my daily routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by obartel

First and foremost: You MUST use this product with ANOTHER oil-free foundation. Otherwise it's like oil and water, literally.

I switched to this primer from Smashbox because the tube is almost double the size, and a bit cheaper. This is definitely not as good as Smashbox's photo finish primer, but I do not need the same level of oil control Smashbox provides at this point so Laura Mercier does the job alright.

I'm on my third tube, and I'm not sure why but the consistency is a bit different, a little thicker this time around. It blends just as easily, but it is less watery and lotion-like and almost has a slight cottage cheese texture.

The tube will last a long time, ~3-5 months. And, you can squeeze literally every last drop out. Being a tube, if you're really cheap like me you can cut off the end once it's nearly empty.

It doesn't take long to dry, and it feels very hydrating upon application.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have the benefits like some of the other, more popular primers. It doesn't minimize your pore visibility or correct a great deal of redness. It does smooth out my skin very well however, so for the amount of the product for the price I get, I will probably continue buying.