December 21, 2014 | 1786 users online

Moisturizers - Aura Cacia - Jojoba skin care oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by xhanabi

I was initially looking for Desert Essence's jojoba oil, but this is the only one I could find at the local nutrition store. First off, terrible bottle! It squirts out way more than I need! Other than that, I'm loving this so far. I have been using it in the morning because I kept getting flaky skin from the cold dry winter weather and this has solved the problem! My MMU applies much better and doesn't look as powdery anymore. It doesn't feel too greasy and I just use the extra on my hands or legs. Hopefully I can find a dropper bottle to dispense this though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

I started using this product when I found it at our local organic grocery store for 50% off. I use it mainly to remove my makeup and sometimes as a nighttime moisturizer if I'm not using a retinol treatment. I have to say, I love it! It makes my skin glow and removes every trace of makeup. It's also very gentle on my skin. I've had no breakouts from it. I notice that when I don't use it, my skin doesn't look as fresh. I use it in one form or another almost every day. I don't see the need to spend $30 on Clinique's Take the Day Off anymore (although that is a great product itself!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

HG night time moisturizer. I use a few drops of this over my face and neck at night. It is enough to serve as a moisturizer alone. I don't use it as a daytime moisturizer because it doesn't have SPF and it leaves my skin a little shiny, especially on the T-zone of my combination skin. I forgot this bottle while I went on vacation, broke out because I didn't have it, then the pimples disappeared when I returned to using it at home again. I've also had good results from Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme. I mix a few drops of the Jojoba oil with my lotion as well. I can't wait to try the Apricot Kernel Oil for this brand too when this bottle runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about two months now, and it's wonderful. I just started on my second bottle (the larger size this time) and I'm fairly sure that it will be my HG product from now on. I have ezcema and have to be very careful with what I use on my skin. This doesn't bother my skin at all - if anything it makes it much better! In the summer months especially when I get tanned, I find I normally get these odd white patches on my body, I think they are old ezcema scar tissue...anyway, since using this oil, I have next to NO white spots anywhere (and at the height of summer, I'm quite tanned!). Love, love, love. And for those of you who have sensitive skin and find it hard to wean yourself off fragranced products (that was always my problem), this is a great alternative - even though the scent is faint and not particularlly appealing, because I'm using a body OIL not a lotion, I feel kind of swanky using it and it satisfies my need for something fragranced :P Plus, as my cousin said to me yesterday, it makes my skin look 'luscious' lol.
Edit: One thing to note about this product is that its not quite moisturizing enough during the Winter, I'm finding I'm still getting dry patches on my arms and legs even after applying directly after showering.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hallelujah

Been about a week now and so far so great. I tried using jojoba oil (the dessert essence) a year ago after hearing the wonders of this oil and it was disastrous...and I rarely break out. Recently I researched jojoba oil a bit more and came across this one by aura cacia ($14 at whole foods) and I really like it. As a night-time moisturizer, using only a few drops, this has already proven to be a worthy investment...clearer, softer skin with no reactions other than positive. Yippee!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is another product I will never look into on my own, thanks to all you MUA reviewers. I absolutely love this, as a body oil after shower or mix it with my regular body lotion. At night after the night cream is pretty well absorbed I will rub a few drops of this oil on my palm & press my face with it. The skin feels so satisfied that not even some greasy cream can provide.
I love the way the silicone cellophane worked on the tip of the bottle, only a few drops will disperse, no mess, no waste.
Its Cad$13 for 118 mls, a real bargain. I also bought their sweet almond & peach kernal oil as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kuby007

I love this stuff! It moisturizes perfectly, without leaving my face looking shiny at all. My makeup looks beautiful all day and my skin just looks and feels healthier. Best of all, it doesn't make me break out like everything else in the world. I wash my face with a gentle cleanser and while it's still wet, I rub a few drops of this in my hands until it's a bit warm then smooth is all over my face until absorbed. This is the best thing to happen to my skin ever! Thanks to all the reviews on MUA that lead me to this :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this after reading that jojoba is closest to the oil that our skin makes. I have very sensitive moody skin and pretty much everything makes it break out. When my skin needs heavier moisturizing I go for the jojoba oil with a couple drops of lavender or teatree oil mixed in. Works great and balances my skin out without breakouts. Also love the fact that the bottle this comes in dispenses the perfect small amount. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by patcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes! The HG. I've had this for one week and I have used it to remove makeup, as an additive to moisturizer and body lotion, as an additive to hair conditioner, and as a serum for damp and dry hair. A+ on it all! My rather coarse, long hair is so smooth and shiny--no grease. My skin is soft and glowing. I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by donnagonz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

in order to dispense this product easier, snip the little rubbery dispenser-thing with a sharp cuticle scissor, cutting in the shape of an "x". a little more product will come out-but not too much.