December 22, 2014 | 970 users online

Moisturizers - Neal's Yard - Frankincense Nourishing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by dreamwatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried this on a whim, and very happy that I did. I really didn't like it at first - it really does make your skin feel 'firm' after it's absorbed, a very different feel to my usual moisturizer, and I found it off putting. However I persisted and have now retired my Origins White Tea moisturizer, a one time holy grail for me.

I've been using it morning and night, and find my skin looks plump, fresh and without the usual hideous dry patches and flakes I'm so used to. I have very difficult combo skin; combo products are too drying for my dry bits, so I tend to treat the dry bits and hope the oily bits cope. This is a rich cream, but it doesn't cause my horrible oily nose and forehead to feel greasy, and has never caused me to break out (I'm on my 4th jar). In fact since using this my yucky, irritated skin has calmed considerably. It leaves quite a matt finish, and I have no problems using this as a base for make-up.

All in all I'm very happy with this product, and very happy with the whole philosophy of Neal's Yard, which is as important to me as the quality of the product. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this the other day based on these reviews. I have really intolerant combination skin--anything for sensitive skin seems to cater for dry skin so I've literally tried everything in my quest to find something that doesn't make my skin react. I'm 32 so would like some anti-aging properties as well. I've recently gone all natural and organic in my quest to find a regime that works, hence shopping at Neal's Yard. I have to say this moisturiser is lovely. It's creamy enough to feel moisturising, but doesn't leave an oily film. It also doesn't have that synthetic silicone feel that so many moisturisers from high end brands have these days. It smells nice too. I picked this over the the Almond Moisturiser as I preferred after applying each to a cheek and leaving it for half an hour (yes, the sales people probably think I'm mad). The Almond one seemed to make my skin oilier (think it's the alcohol in it). To the reviewer below, Olibanum is another name for Frankincense, so yes, it does contain Frankincense oil! I'm really pleased with the results so far but will post again in a few weeks to really test it on my reactive skin! BTW, I also quite like jars. I know some reviewers don't like as they are so worried about germs getting into the cream, but hey, you put it on after you've washed your face, so really, how many germs can get in? I like the blue glass packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by newspaper

It is my favourite one at the moment. It claims for dry skin but I am comfortable with it though I have sensitive-combo. skin. After applying on skin, it is absorbed and becomes matte look. I can feel my skin smooth. It isn't oily at all, brilliant!!! I used it in the winter and it moisturises my skin well. Some gals report it as a bit dry, can I suggest using it right after the toner? To keep the skin still dampish and apply it you will find it easily to absorb.

It claims to be suitable to mature skin which can smooth fine line. However so far I am not sure the effect as I don't get this problem. Anyway my skin condition becomes stable and I feel my face becomes a bit slim :D Happy happy~

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by danielleclark

Oooh this is lovely! I've been using for it for about a month now and it's made my skin feel so firm, glowing, and lifted. I'm using it with my Dermalogica cleanser (as I didn't want to switch completely all at once) and the Neal's Yard Orange Water toner - which is also lovely. Every day I've been smiling after cleansing because my skin looks so good. Brilliant price compared to my previous Clarins, very nice packaging and all this from a company with excellent credentials. Very pleased. Will be purchasing more from this company.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by vivacious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just so so.
I am dry skin. This cream doesn't hydrate my skin. I don't feel any special like others review. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Sinthea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this three years now I think - that should sum it up!! I think I have never used more than one pot of any other cream in my life - and I'm 48 now. This is intended for older skin (so all you 17 year olds whinging it's too rich, go away), and does a wonderful job. I began using it at a time when I could see my skin starting to drop along the jaw line - and it doesn't do that any more, despite the passing of time, and the loss of a bit of weight (which often makes faces sag). Do use it a bit sparingly - yes, it can make you a bit greasy-shiny if you use too much, and I do sometimes use something else in hot weather for the same reason (in hot weather I use their rose facial oil, which oddly enough, is lighter and less greasy in high heat). Holy grail, don't think I'll ever use anything else but facial oils as an alternative to this.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by GillianLee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This I hope is the end of a search for a moisturizer that doesn't make my skin go nuts. I'm on my second jar and my skin doesn't break out nearly so much and it feels comfortable and looks nice and healthy. I use it in conjunction with Weleda Almond facial cleanser and apart from the odd day of Neal's yard rose balm for a deep cleanse and Everon/Cold Cream by Weleda that's pretty much the end of it. It looks thick and creamy in the jar but isn't really heavy and I like the smell which reminds me a bit of old churches, probably the myrrh. Odd thing is though it says it's Frankincense cream but there doesn't appear to be any in the ingredients. There is Myrrh and boswellia a type of Myrrh but no Frankincense. Still it's good stuff. Buy the big 100ml jar if you like it as it's 12 quid for 40 ml or 22 quid for 100.
Edit -Well this is 5 years later and I'm still using it and it's still great. Quite a bit more expensive but you don't need much. I can't recommend this cream enough. I stopped briefly and used nothing and my skin was just not as good. So I'll keep buying it if they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my top moisturiser after years of searching I have found it. I love all about it.... Its mid-range price. I believe it cost me about 15.00.

However I bought a cream way above that price with a major celebrity price tag and it was not a good cream. It did nowt for my dry skin. This cream is the business.

Firstly I reccomend it for dry and combo skin types, like my skin. It is thick like a moisturiser should be as the cream should skin in to the skin and continue to moisturise. It has a wonderful natural smell of Frankinsscense. Neals Yeards products are organic and they do have scents to their products so smell the tester before you buy incase its not the smell for you.

I personally love the scent. It takes about 10 minutes to soak in and gives a nice glow but this is a cream that is moisturising and doing its job. Taking away that painful, dry and tight skin feeling and leaving a nice youthful glow. Its nice that this product is natural and for me that is important as I have spent years going on all the globe looking for a decent moisturiser when its base is only a few miles away from me....

This product is fantastic with lots of moisturising cream for your money in a pot that is simple in a laboratory looking way.
I think you should all give it a go....but try the product for smell..if you dont like this opt for their Rose cream....I will always buy this....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by madonna_medici

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

wel im only 17..but...in the winter my skin gets much dryer and i needed a richer more nourishing moisturiser...and i thought even though my skin isn't "mature"..i could use the help! :) this moisturiser has keeped my skin comfortable; as in not tight an flakey, but plump an smooth! :) i highly recommend and it hasnt broken me or my mom out..who has also used it an loves it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sanddancer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I enjoy trying lots of different products, so it's been almost disappointing to find this moisturiser. I use it every night, and intend to continue doing so for the foreseeable future - it leaves my skin feeling smooth and well-nourished. I also put it on my children's cheeks when they get dry skin in the cold winds of wintry North-East England; I feel comfortable doing so because there are no noxious chemicals in Neal's Yard products.