April 18, 2014 | 1868 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

So in love with this liquid foundation. Keeps me matte for hours, very decent coverage and the color selection is amazing! I don't care for the idea that I have to buy a pump separately, but can get over it because I can reuse the pump with future repurchases lol. Price point isn't too bad for a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by andreeal3005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation made me look a little cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation with a good staying power.
I wouldn't say it did anything different than a lot of other foundations that I have tried.
But it does what I need it to do - stay on all day and gives a medium coverage.
I have it in NC25, which is a little too dark for my winter skin (I have gotten extremely pale), but it works great for me in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Overall I think this foundation is good, but not great. You can definitely purchase something better for less (Revlon Colorstay). I gave this product a 4 because it did stay on all day for me, and the colour matched my skin, and the coverage was buildable, but I usually prefer better coverage because of acne scars. Also, I think this product would work much much better if it had a pump. It's quite easy to remove aswell, which is a plus, however, I did notice it was giving me a few pimples... so because of that I only wear this foundation occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear NC20, which is a yellow based tone colour and I use my stippling brush to apply it on. I bought the pump separately and with one pump i receive full coverage. It covers my acne scars and my blemishes on my face, giving me a flawless finish. I wear youngbloods primer underneath it and I apply macs mineralise skinfinish natural powder in light plus over it. My skin looks healthy, really natural, matte and it gives a really nice glow. It's easy to remove, easy to apply on, not messy (with the pump), doesn't clog my pores or give me breakouts and it looks really pretty... the list goes on.
The lady did test mineralise liquid foundation on my skin, but it looked really bad. Would not recommend anyone to buy it- its a waste of money. However, I could say the opposite to studio fix because it is a foundation every girl should have on their dressing table. Ive owned other liquid foundations like maybelines fit me and revlons colorstay, but this foundation is unbeatable.
The only negative thing I could say about this foundation is the smell. It reminds me of the smell from the chemical in my chemical peels. Almost like the TCA chemical my beautician used on me. Reminiscent to the burning sensations i use to receive when it was applied on.
Apart from that its all good. I enjoy using it and it is definitely one of the best foundations in the world.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but I had to return it. I know MAC discontinued the Studio Fix Select line. I wanted a foundation with a little more coverage so I bought this. She put it on and it looked a little cake-y. I thought maybe she put on too much. So I went home and checked the ingredients...no bueno. It has algae extract in it. For anyone who is prone to zits or clogged pores, algae extract is a big no-no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks so bad ... It's goes on and feels like a mask it looks super caky it clings to dry patches it melts off my skin and makes me look oily even tho I acc have dry skin :/ I really can't see anything positive about the foundation .. I guess the colour selection is pretty good but it ends there ... It also stinks ! Like it
Smells like paint ! It's so gross !! I hate fragrances in foundation full stop but if it's an ok scent I'll put up with it .. This however is disgusting and you know by the smell that it just can not be good for your skin what so ever ! I also suspect it's breaking me out and clogging my pores ... There are so many other full coverage foundations that are better than this in today's industry I don't know why people still wear this ?! ... I feel like it might have impressed me when I was like 15 and was going through the whole revlon colour stay thing :/ lol but now I'm older I just realise this is gross and disgusting and I thinks it's so weird that so many people consider this holy grail !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

First of all, most MAC sales assoc. are clueless and always sell u the wrong product/shade cuz theyre always rushing you.. They matched me to an NC20 which i found was too yellow.. And the NW is not any better on my skin either.. This foundation made me break out as well.. I wore it for 2 weeks and every day it would make me get cystic acne that would itch soooo bad!!! It sucks, I am returning it and maybe ill try the matchmaster or studio sculpt next....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst foundation I have ever bought. It just slid off my face and made me look cakey. I broke out terribly! Wore it for two weeks and then my skin got so bad I had to take it back. Worst £20 ever spent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing amazing, in my opinion. My makeup artist cousin used this for my engagement party celebration. She used NW20, which was a decent match for me.

Personally I think it was too heavy for my liking. I do not have to cover up acne scars, am not prone to break-outs & I don't have hyper pigmentation.

I am reddish on my cheeks & it covered up that well. But so did other more lightweight foundations.

Within a couple hours I was shiny and my foundation looked cakey.

A foundation has to be amazing for me, or I just never use it/buy it again.