December 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Highlighters - Bare Escentuals - Bare Radiance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I wanted desperately to like this - I generally love "bare" or "nude" items. But this made my face look dirty. Maybe it's because I'm not into bronzers at all. Looks pretty in the pot, just not a shade to be on my face. UPDATE: I figured out that I was using way too much of this to ever be able to like this. I still think it can easily look muddy, but if I'm really careful, I can pull this off. Bumping up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Clare_3108

A description has been given in previous reviews so don't think I need to add to those but, as a fair gal with freckly skin this was surprisingly nice! I didn't expect it to work so well but, gave a nice look but, I would only use this in the summer with a bit of a tan, it would probably work ok without a tan but, BE have more flattering radiances most especially pure radiance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just would like to add that I too, Love the Bare Radiance. I can't stand the way I look outside when I'm all "shimmery" , but when I do too much flat make-up I look like a zombie, this is a great amount of...something that honestly does make me look glowy, and darn natural. I also use it lightly dusted over other (gasp!) brand's blushes & colors. Definitley wakes my skin up, and at night I can use more and look quite sassy. I do however wish the lid were bigger for all of my swirl, tap & buffing needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Graciebee

First I need to say that I asked for this product as an Xmas gift sight unseen just based on the reviews. But wait! I screwed up. I confused "Pure Radiance" and it's reviews with "Bare Radiance". However, I wasn't displeased! I found that it made my fair with yellow undertones skin look healthier(also green eyes/darkbrownishred hair). It made me look like my skin was less pale without looking like I was wearing a true bronzer like Nars' "Laguna". That seems more appropriate for summer. It just looks like I have a glowing healthy complexion. However, I am half delighted that I got a cool product, and half disappointed that I didn't get the highlighter "Pure Radiance". Well, maybe "Pure Radiance" won't look good on me, and I saved myself from owning that! Anyway though, this product is quite good as an all over face color. I didn't think it was too sparkly unless you used a v.v. heavy hand, which isn't the way you are supposed to apply B.E. products. You can trust me on this as I like a natural look and tend to stay away from anything sparkly. Lastly, my sister in law got it from QVC and they seem to have a good exchange policy on their makeup. My Sephora didn't have it. ***Update*** Have since purchased the "Pure Radiance" and this is exactly what I was looking for. All the reviews of that being spectacular aren't kidding. This is actually much more flattering to my fair/yellow tones. Use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very pretty. This is a soft bronzey/nude with pink shimmer. Looks great dusted all over and looks great as a blush as well. The shimmer is not over the top in this either. It just makes my skin look healthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Tbauer

Ok people. This is a good product in moderation, but still EXTREMELY shimmery. It's almost too much glitter for everyday use, but would look nice around the holidays. Everytime I wore it people would say things like, "Cool glitter; what's the occasion?" This would look best on girls between the ages of 14-22, but no older. I am a woman in my mid-twenties, and this product is too teeny-bopper for me.

Also, if you are a man in search of a bronzer do not buy this one. TOO GIRLY. Go for Bobbi Brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the radiances I have (Warm, clear and Rose) It's very natural looking and adds just the right bit of something special. It's the most neutral of the ones I own which I really like. I had been mixing Warm and clear together to get something more neutral and it's a nice mix but I think the Bare Radiance is even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 7:24:00 AM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I, too, can not use Warm Radiance--or warmth for that matter--they both leave my skin looking orange. But THIS, I can use. In fact, I use it as a blush every day and it is perfect. Very natural. I have dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin, so it is oftentimes hard to find colors that work for me. This is perfect. It is all I wear on weekends.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by rocksee3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Bare Radiance hoping to see a big change in my face, but I didn't really see one. I just looked a little tanner. It does have a bit of shimmer in it, but I couldn't really see any of it when I put it on. I've only been mixing a little bit of it with the foundation, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference in how well it works or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2006 11:40:00 AM More reviews by setarehsanei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all I just want to say that I think BE is Gods gift for woman! I love BEs product and they have never let me down. I have rose, warm and clear radiance and I love them. But bare radiance I just hated! I have medium-beige undertones so maybe this works for pale woman. It didn't give me any glow only made me look washed out and over made up whick is the first time any be product has done. I have brown hair and brown eyes so maybe this product works for lighter complexions