Bare Escentuals Bare Radiance

4.6

on 4/28/2007 3:25:00 AM

Wow I really like this! Surprisingly the nude-y sheen didn't look dirty/muddy on the skin. It gives a very soft-focus, softly-lit glow to the face. I use this on the cheekbones, brow bones and lightly onver sides of forehead and chin. Gives a natural looking sheen that's not too obvious.

A great colour that will work for a variety of cheek colours. I've used this with soft focus glee, and soft focus warmth. Even on no make-up days/weekends, a light dusting of this would give added dimension to the face and avoid it looking flat and dull.

on 4/16/2007 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted desperately to like this - I generally love "bare" or "nude" items. But this made my face look dirty. Maybe it's because I'm not into bronzers at all. Looks pretty in the pot, just not a shade to be on my face. UPDATE: I figured out that I was using way too much of this to ever be able to like this. I still think it can easily look muddy, but if I'm really careful, I can pull this off. Bumping up!

on 2/26/2007 1:11:00 PM

A description has been given in previous reviews so don't think I need to add to those but, as a fair gal with freckly skin this was surprisingly nice! I didn't expect it to work so well but, gave a nice look but, I would only use this in the summer with a bit of a tan, it would probably work ok without a tan but, BE have more flattering radiances most especially pure radiance.

on 1/16/2007 12:13:00 AM

Just would like to add that I too, Love the Bare Radiance. I can't stand the way I look outside when I'm all "shimmery" , but when I do too much flat make-up I look like a zombie, this is a great amount of...something that honestly does make me look glowy, and darn natural. I also use it lightly dusted over other (gasp!) brand's blushes & colors. Definitley wakes my skin up, and at night I can use more and look quite sassy. I do however wish the lid were bigger for all of my swirl, tap & buffing needs.

on 1/10/2007 4:47:00 PM

First I need to say that I asked for this product as an Xmas gift sight unseen just based on the reviews. But wait! I screwed up. I confused "Pure Radiance" and it's reviews with "Bare Radiance". However, I wasn't displeased! I found that it made my fair with yellow undertones skin look healthier(also green eyes/darkbrownishred hair). It made me look like my skin was less pale without looking like I was wearing a true bronzer like Nars' "Laguna". That seems more appropriate for summer. It just looks like I have a glowing healthy complexion. However, I am half delighted that I got a cool product, and half disappointed that I didn't get the highlighter "Pure Radiance". Well, maybe "Pure Radiance" won't look good on me, and I saved myself from owning that! Anyway though, this product is quite good as an all over face color. I didn't think it was too sparkly unless you used a v.v. heavy hand, which isn't the way you are supposed to apply B.E. products. You can trust me on this as I like a natural look and tend to stay away from anything sparkly. Lastly, my sister in law got it from QVC and they seem to have a good exchange policy on their makeup. My Sephora didn't have it. ***Update*** Have since purchased the "Pure Radiance" and this is exactly what I was looking for. All the reviews of that being spectacular aren't kidding. This is actually much more flattering to my fair/yellow tones. Use it every day.

on 12/18/2006 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is very pretty. This is a soft bronzey/nude with pink shimmer. Looks great dusted all over and looks great as a blush as well. The shimmer is not over the top in this either. It just makes my skin look healthy.

on 12/11/2006 4:45:00 PM

Ok people. This is a good product in moderation, but still EXTREMELY shimmery. It's almost too much glitter for everyday use, but would look nice around the holidays. Everytime I wore it people would say things like, "Cool glitter; what's the occasion?" This would look best on girls between the ages of 14-22, but no older. I am a woman in my mid-twenties, and this product is too teeny-bopper for me.

Also, if you are a man in search of a bronzer do not buy this one. TOO GIRLY. Go for Bobbi Brown.

on 11/20/2006 9:07:00 PM

This is my favorite of the radiances I have (Warm, clear and Rose) It's very natural looking and adds just the right bit of something special. It's the most neutral of the ones I own which I really like. I had been mixing Warm and clear together to get something more neutral and it's a nice mix but I think the Bare Radiance is even better.

on 11/12/2006 7:24:00 AM

I, too, can not use Warm Radiance--or warmth for that matter--they both leave my skin looking orange. But THIS, I can use. In fact, I use it as a blush every day and it is perfect. Very natural. I have dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin, so it is oftentimes hard to find colors that work for me. This is perfect. It is all I wear on weekends.

on 11/8/2006 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought Bare Radiance hoping to see a big change in my face, but I didn't really see one. I just looked a little tanner. It does have a bit of shimmer in it, but I couldn't really see any of it when I put it on. I've only been mixing a little bit of it with the foundation, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference in how well it works or not.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products