Ivory Moisturizing Body Wash

4.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer.

on 12/22/2010 4:04:00 AM

I'm over $5-6 body washes from Dove/Olay and their ilk. Unless you're buying something natural like Dr. Bronner's, these products are all basically synthetic moisturizer and sulfate extravaganzas. The only differences are price and scent. I'm not saying people who buy these are stupid, just that the prices are...unjustified.

Anyhow I decided to give Ivory a sniff due to my regular brand revolt. It smelled wonderful at the store and even better at home. If I don't rinse my pouf well enough, it actually leaves a delightful scent in my bathroom. And at $3/24 oz. I at least feel that I'm getting a good deal on my bottle of synthetic moisturizer and sulfate. The large bottle encourages slathering and that means more scent and more bubbles. Win-win!

on 6/20/2010 1:39:00 AM

This body wash is exactly what is says on the packaging- just a little scent, just enough lather. It leaves your skin feeling fresh & clean, never greasy or dried out. Simply a great deal, highly recommend. I used to get mine at Target, but I have not seen it lately. Both the original and aloe scent are light and pleasant.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my #1 bodywash! I'm simple w/ bath products and don't like heavy scented drying soaps that are expensive and so not worth it. Simply Ivory original scent comes in a large bottle and retails very cheap! I believe I only paid $3.99 for mine at a local market. If you have sensititve skin and are sensititve to scents, I recommend this. Don't be fooled, this is not a non-scented soap, it does have a subtle floral smell to it but isn't overpowering at all. Ivory lathers up very nicely and rinses well. This is a bodywash for all skin types. It is moisturizing but not the best out there for extremely dry skin. In the dead of winter, I switch to a bodywash w/ shea butter. Lastly, I love that this bodywash doesn't compete with my perfumes. After showering, I can't smell the bodywash on my skin.

on 3/26/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Probably my favorite body wash. It's cheap, comes in a large bottle and smells clean and most importantly doesn't dry my skin. Great product

on 1/23/2010 7:13:00 PM

This has been a staple in my bathroom for a couple of years now, I use it every single day. It's not at all drying, lathers up extremely well (a small amount goes a long way) and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. It's cheap, dependable and I love the scent (I have tried all of them -- the original Simply Ivory, the Simply Aloe, Honey, Lavender, and Waterlily, and my favourite by far is the original). I have repurchased this countless times already.. it goes on sale quite frequently, so I usually stock up on a few bottles at a time.

on 1/13/2010 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This no-nonsense body wash doesn't have perfumes that dry my skin or linger after I shower. It's great for my sensitive nose and sensitive skin. I switch to other brands here and there, but I always keep one of these around.

Edit: I will no longer support this company as they test their products on animals. My feelings on the product itself haven't changed so if you aren't interested in cruelty free products please read on.

One of my favorite body washes. Its cheap, smells really good, and doesn't dry out my skin. It rinses off clean and leaves skin soft and smooth.I dislike any body products with too much fragrance because they are too drying, but this one is perfect. I have tried the original and the aloe one and I love them both! I like to try out new things and am currently using Nivea a touch of happiness but I would repurchase this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

~ I have always loved Ivory soap, I remember I use to use it when I was a toddler and it made my skin so soft without irritating it. As I got older I began to dislike any kind of soap bars in general because I found that they left my skin sort of feeling like rubber which I found uncomfortable. When Ivory came out with a line of bodywashes I was thrilled because I could get everything that the bar provided without that icky feeling. The line of bodywashes has the original scent, aloe (which I picked up) and Lavender- all of them lather up nicely and leave your skin feeling smooth, soft and fresh and the best part that this bodywash is great for sensitive area's of your body. I love this stuff so much and have repurchased it many times! :) ~

on 7/2/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this because I adore the smell of ivory bar soap, but it's too drying for my skin. I got the simply ivory scent.
This stuff is lovely and moisturizing. Makes my skin so soft and smooth. It lathers up really nice, and rinses clean.
I think next time I'll try the aloe one.
It was dirt cheap, $3 on sale for a huge bottle.
Good stuff.

on 7/2/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This product has a nice inoffensive scent and great lather. The best part is this bodywash is dirt cheap. I bought this bodywash for a long time, because of the great value.