La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm

4.7

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum ParkII, Shea Butter Fruit, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Canola/canola Oil, Sucrose Tristearate, Polysorbate 61, Glycine, VP/eicosene Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Disodium Edta, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 10/31/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is great if you suffer from very dry skin. You'll see major improvements within the first couple uses. I've been using up some samples of it and I'm impressed. It's a bit too pricey for me right now, but I wouldn't rule out buying it at some point in the future when I have some extra money.

Be aware though that it does take some time to fully absorb, it is a heavy balm after all. The smell is kinda odd, but you get used to it. I dunno, it smells sort of like lard to me. That sounds awful, but that's probably just me. Besides once you see the results you won't care. And luckily the scent doesn't linger.

I'll use the rest of my samples to prevent chapped winter knees!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

out of all body moisturizers i've ever tried, this one is by far the most nourishing and soothing one.
the texture is quite thick, but it spreads easily.
it doesn't really leave a film after applied, but it does take slightly longer to absorb into the skin. however, my skin is only slightly dry, nothing too serious. my elbows and knees are the biggest problem because they tend to be very dry and even start to flake as the weather gets colder. this balm easily takes care of that problem.
one more important thing: the feeling of comfort this balm leaves does not only last a few hours, but at least a whole day. the issue i used to have with other body moisturizers is that they would nourish my skin after applied, but it just wasn't lasting enough. after i woke up in the morning, it was as if i hadn't applied anything the evening before.
with this, my skin stays soft longer and elbow and knee dryness is kept at bay.
the only downside of this product is that it does stink slightly. it's not too overwhelming, but can bother me sometimes. at first, i thought that i might have bought a faulty product, but when i read the reviews here, i realized that other people feel it too. i deal with this by putting a drop or two of some scented oil into my palms and then spreading it all over my body. this tends to disguise the smell of the lipikar balm

on 8/9/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best body moisturizer I have ever used. It completely saved my skin. I had very irritated and dry skin, and the Lipikar Balm is the only moisturizer that soothed my dry legs all day. It absorbs quickly (I usually only need to wait a few minutes between applying this and putting on tights or pants) and has only a minimal fragrance. It didn't interfere with any of the topical creams prescribed by my dermatologist either.

I first used it morning and night, and after a few weeks I usually only needed to use it in the morning after showering. I noticed a huge difference in my skin when I went away for a week and didn't use this (wasn't checking luggage and didn't have a travel size). As soon as I got home, I slathered this on and my skin instantly felt better.

This stuff rocks!

on 4/11/2011 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a really great moisturizer for me. I have very dry and eczema prone skin and this really helps. I had two little eczema patches starting on my shin and after 3 days they were both gone. I've been using this along with an LRP soap free body cleanser. For me it works better than Aveeno body moisturizer which just stopped being effective. I'm on my second tube and it is kind of pricey, but as long as it works I'll keep buying it. The scent is pretty much non existent and I find it absorbs well and doesn't leave me feeling sticky. Great stuff!

on 11/7/2010 7:50:00 PM

Purchased as part of LRP's Winter Skin Solution Kit that comes with a full size lipikar body balm, the lipikar lip balm, and the lipikar hand repair cream for only $26.50, making the lip balm and the hand cream free.

This is the star performer of the kid. Very calm, moisturizing, unscented, and soothing. It has high shea butter content in it and claims to be good for even babies and children's faces. It makes my body feel very smooth. I tried some on my face too and it spread easily and didn't feel too thick at all but yet was able to keep my face from feeling dry. It didn't irritate my skin either, so it's a keeper.

As for repurchase, I would probably repurchase it if I could find a good deal on a kit like this one. Otherwise, at it's full price of $26.50, it's not too expensive but it's also not very cheap, and it's rather basic to warrant the price tag; I would probably prefer to try other "gentle" creams I haven't tried before since I like to try new things unless it's my HG.

on 8/5/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I first bought this to help my son's winter-dry skin which, if it gets bad enough, turns into eczema. Lipikar Balm is one of the very best things we've used to "head off" the dryness or to treat it if it does appear (now 17, he's in charge of dealing with this so Mom can't always make sure he starts using this early enough). I started using it on my winter-dry body skin, especially my legs, and I love it too. It is pricey, though, considering we go through quite a lot of this every winter.

on 6/1/2010 4:45:00 PM

I use it for my 16 months-old daughter (she's like me, prone to dry skin and ezcema) and it works wonder.
I took off a lippie because it is very greasy on the skin and although I don't mind, children often do. I wish there was a "lighter" version for babies.....
But more importantly, the result. Great balm.

on 3/19/2010 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

They've reformulated this now, so I got 500 ml pump bottle of this (the old version) for only $20. I like to use this mainly on my hands and arms, since I find it to be a bit sticky under my clothes. However, if I my legs are feeling really dry I will use it on them as well. If you're trying to avoid stickiness, use it when you're damp from showering. Since I bought it I have noticed the excema on my hands is GONE. My nails are stronger and my cuticles aren't cracked anymore. The only issues I have with this product are the smell (horrible, but it fades) and the stickiness. This is still my HG, and I'm thrilled I got it at such a good price. I will probably try the reformulation, although I can't imagine it being even more moisturizing than this.

on 10/4/2009 5:05:00 AM

Great moisturizer! Can be used on body, face.. or anywhere!
Yes.. can seem a little bit greasy.. and the packaging is not so convinient when the product is finishing.
But still great balm!

on 2/21/2009 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is an awesome body moisturizer. My skin is dry like a reptile's in winter - not anymore! Thank God I discovered LRP. Their products work for me from cleansers to treatments.

Top Rated La Roche Posay Products