October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Roche Posay - Lipikar Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use it for my 16 months-old daughter (she's like me, prone to dry skin and ezcema) and it works wonder.
I took off a lippie because it is very greasy on the skin and although I don't mind, children often do. I wish there was a "lighter" version for babies.....
But more importantly, the result. Great balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by leezuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

They've reformulated this now, so I got 500 ml pump bottle of this (the old version) for only $20. I like to use this mainly on my hands and arms, since I find it to be a bit sticky under my clothes. However, if I my legs are feeling really dry I will use it on them as well. If you're trying to avoid stickiness, use it when you're damp from showering. Since I bought it I have noticed the excema on my hands is GONE. My nails are stronger and my cuticles aren't cracked anymore. The only issues I have with this product are the smell (horrible, but it fades) and the stickiness. This is still my HG, and I'm thrilled I got it at such a good price. I will probably try the reformulation, although I can't imagine it being even more moisturizing than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Great moisturizer! Can be used on body, face.. or anywhere!
Yes.. can seem a little bit greasy.. and the packaging is not so convinient when the product is finishing.
But still great balm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is an awesome body moisturizer. My skin is dry like a reptile's in winter - not anymore! Thank God I discovered LRP. Their products work for me from cleansers to treatments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by shakedownstreet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing. This treats rashes, dry skin, irritations of all sorts. It also does wonders for blemishes that have been, uh, messed with. Dramatically calms redness within minutes. I can even use this on my kids. A wonderful multipurpose product that, when used sparingly, lasts forever.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kareberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review on behalf of my boyfriend who has eczema. He absolutely LOVES this product. Because of his eczema he as really dry flaky skin and the only thing he liked to use was Vaseline, but that was only temporary. You have to use this after you shower because you'll have to give it time to sink in. If you don't like the greasy feeling just put a little less.

Personally, I only use it at night for my hands as a treatment but it's not something I would use all over my body every day because I really can't stand that awful smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Mochi

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a tube of this at home, one at the gym, and one at my boyfriend's. It's my favorite moisturizer ever. Mine doesn't have a scent though, so I can't speak to the stinkiness another reviewer mentioned, maybe there are scented and unscented versions?

The directions say you can use it on dry or damp skin. I find it way too thick and greasy to put on dry skin, but fresh out of the shower, it's the most amazing thing. This thick balm just emulsifies on contact with water and turns milky and you just smooth it on. My skin is so soft and because it's so easy to apply, I use it very consistently after every single shower. I love it and I don't feel like it's making my towels all gunky the way body oil does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Stinky! But unbelievable protection for dry, chapped hands. I only wouldn't repurchase because of the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by oOeye_candyOo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My derm reccomended this for my very very dry legs. It was about 20 bucks but my dad bought it so that doesnt really matter. Last night I used it and normally my legs are very itchy during the day but they didnt itch at all until about 7 tonight when it was probably worn off. Will update.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2006 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ElleKelle

Great for eczema skin - esp in winter. It was so healing and soothing. Amazing. Rich.