January 25, 2015 | 1807 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Roche Posay - Lipikar Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great moisturizer for me. I have very dry and eczema prone skin and this really helps. I had two little eczema patches starting on my shin and after 3 days they were both gone. I've been using this along with an LRP soap free body cleanser. For me it works better than Aveeno body moisturizer which just stopped being effective. I'm on my second tube and it is kind of pricey, but as long as it works I'll keep buying it. The scent is pretty much non existent and I find it absorbs well and doesn't leave me feeling sticky. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

Purchased as part of LRP's Winter Skin Solution Kit that comes with a full size lipikar body balm, the lipikar lip balm, and the lipikar hand repair cream for only $26.50, making the lip balm and the hand cream free.

This is the star performer of the kid. Very calm, moisturizing, unscented, and soothing. It has high shea butter content in it and claims to be good for even babies and children's faces. It makes my body feel very smooth. I tried some on my face too and it spread easily and didn't feel too thick at all but yet was able to keep my face from feeling dry. It didn't irritate my skin either, so it's a keeper.

As for repurchase, I would probably repurchase it if I could find a good deal on a kit like this one. Otherwise, at it's full price of $26.50, it's not too expensive but it's also not very cheap, and it's rather basic to warrant the price tag; I would probably prefer to try other "gentle" creams I haven't tried before since I like to try new things unless it's my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first bought this to help my son's winter-dry skin which, if it gets bad enough, turns into eczema. Lipikar Balm is one of the very best things we've used to "head off" the dryness or to treat it if it does appear (now 17, he's in charge of dealing with this so Mom can't always make sure he starts using this early enough). I started using it on my winter-dry body skin, especially my legs, and I love it too. It is pricey, though, considering we go through quite a lot of this every winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use it for my 16 months-old daughter (she's like me, prone to dry skin and ezcema) and it works wonder.
I took off a lippie because it is very greasy on the skin and although I don't mind, children often do. I wish there was a "lighter" version for babies.....
But more importantly, the result. Great balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by leezuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

They've reformulated this now, so I got 500 ml pump bottle of this (the old version) for only $20. I like to use this mainly on my hands and arms, since I find it to be a bit sticky under my clothes. However, if I my legs are feeling really dry I will use it on them as well. If you're trying to avoid stickiness, use it when you're damp from showering. Since I bought it I have noticed the excema on my hands is GONE. My nails are stronger and my cuticles aren't cracked anymore. The only issues I have with this product are the smell (horrible, but it fades) and the stickiness. This is still my HG, and I'm thrilled I got it at such a good price. I will probably try the reformulation, although I can't imagine it being even more moisturizing than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Great moisturizer! Can be used on body, face.. or anywhere!
Yes.. can seem a little bit greasy.. and the packaging is not so convinient when the product is finishing.
But still great balm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is an awesome body moisturizer. My skin is dry like a reptile's in winter - not anymore! Thank God I discovered LRP. Their products work for me from cleansers to treatments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by shakedownstreet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing. This treats rashes, dry skin, irritations of all sorts. It also does wonders for blemishes that have been, uh, messed with. Dramatically calms redness within minutes. I can even use this on my kids. A wonderful multipurpose product that, when used sparingly, lasts forever.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kareberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review on behalf of my boyfriend who has eczema. He absolutely LOVES this product. Because of his eczema he as really dry flaky skin and the only thing he liked to use was Vaseline, but that was only temporary. You have to use this after you shower because you'll have to give it time to sink in. If you don't like the greasy feeling just put a little less.

Personally, I only use it at night for my hands as a treatment but it's not something I would use all over my body every day because I really can't stand that awful smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Mochi

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a tube of this at home, one at the gym, and one at my boyfriend's. It's my favorite moisturizer ever. Mine doesn't have a scent though, so I can't speak to the stinkiness another reviewer mentioned, maybe there are scented and unscented versions?

The directions say you can use it on dry or damp skin. I find it way too thick and greasy to put on dry skin, but fresh out of the shower, it's the most amazing thing. This thick balm just emulsifies on contact with water and turns milky and you just smooth it on. My skin is so soft and because it's so easy to apply, I use it very consistently after every single shower. I love it and I don't feel like it's making my towels all gunky the way body oil does.