Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

on 8/19/2013 3:43:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this so I feel I can safely give a review of this product.

It smooths my hair. I have a lot of little frizzy hairs that are all over the place and are very unappealing to me. I use just a little (that's the key!) and rub it between my palms. Then I LIGHTLY ghost it over my roots but the bulk of it hits the middle/end of my hair. I smooth it over the strands and then comb through a few times and my hair looks great.
I personally have to be careful with it around my roots because then it looks oily, but everywhere else on my hair it's fine.

on 8/16/2013 7:56:00 PM

I have wavy/curly hair. Also i swim almost all year round so my hair gets VERY dry and brittle. I started using this and i think it is wonderful without a doubt! I can scrunch it in my hair and it makes my hair feel soft and healthier. The only thing is you can't use too much. Only a dime size amount is needed for medium thick hair.

on 8/12/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have very long, straight, thin hair (my hair strands are thick but I just have few of them). I bought this because I have been having issues with frizz from what I presume is dry hair. I applied it to damp hair (on the ends and just a bit on the top of my head) and let it air dry at night, and it did smooth my hair and soften it. However, as the next day went on my hair became very heavy and TOO soft. I couldn't even braid my hair (my style of choice!) without it slipping out. It also became very flat and greasy looking.

I think this would be better for those with thicker hair. It did the job of smoothing out frizz but in the end it just made my hair very flat and too slick to style.

I bought it for $3 at Wal-Mart so at least I don't feel like I wasted too much money. I think I'll pass it on to my mom or boyfriend, who both have very thick curly hair.

Edit--I bumped this up 2 stars after I realized using significantly less was SO much better! I use this even if I've used regular conditioner! Just a pea sized amount since I have a pretty small amount of hair. Love it now! My hair is not frizzy and is nice and tame without being flat. Portion control! ;)

on 8/3/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm currently at the end of my second bottle and moving on to my third bottle. This works well with my hair. I squeeze out about 1-2 pea size amount and start applying it a little bit above my ears. I find that its best to use less if you use a straightener or curler because it gives off a weird smell if you have applied too much and using a heat tool. You just have to play around with the amount I suppose. I usually get this for about $3.99 at SDM which I think is a great price to pay.

on 7/29/2013 9:41:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this leave-in conditioner. One day I love it and the next day I can't believe I would put it on my hair again! I have long, straight, fine hair so I need a great leave-in, especially near my roots. If applied while wet and then blow dried, it actually takes longer to dry and makes my hair feel thicker. Absolutely love that! On other days, it seems to make my hair sticky and very tangled. I'm not sure if it is the weather or too much product build up. I use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to get all products out of my hair so that could be it. Having fine hair does make product build up a lot easier. When I apply this leave-in to dry hair, I only apply it to my ends.
When it comes to packing, I love it! Very simple to use, doesn't become clogged, and easy to control how much product comes out. The amount of leave-in you get for the price (around $4) isn't bad at all.
Overall, I would recommend this product because it does help tremendously some days. Definitely wouldn't call it my HG. Still looking for a better leave-in.

on 7/28/2013 7:10:00 PM

I wanted to love this, seeing that it has such a wallet-friendly price tag especially for how much comes in a bottle, and I could just run it through my hair and be on my way. But it seems Garnier products just don't seem to work well for me, leaving it with some uncomfortable-feeling hair, whether it's a dry, limp texture, heavy weight, or in the case of their Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream, a heavy, waxy coat. After an hour letting my hair air-dry, when I ran my hands through my hair the conditioner would come off on my hands! It never absorbed. I thought maybe it was because the first time I used this was fresh out of the shower, after having already used a regular conditioner in the shower which probably kept it from absorbing. When my frustrated self ended up rinsing out the conditioning cream, my hair was incredibly soft! ... But you're not supposed to rinse out the conditioning cream, so I'm not sure that the softness was a result of the regular conditioner or the Garnier one.

So the next time I used this cream, I shampooed and skipped my regular conditioner to see if this product performed better. Even using the recommended quarter-size amount of the conditioner, my hair still felt weighed down even after fully air-drying. I ended up rinsing out the cream... again... before my hair started to feel soft to the touch like it would with just my regular conditioner.

This product did condition my hair, but it seems I should only use less than the quarter-size amount directed on the bottle to get the softness I need. But honestly, this product forced me to take more time to take care of my hair than to shorten the time after having to rinse it (even though the bottle instructs not to). And the waxy feeling was just so horrible I'm not even sure I'd recommend it for those with dry hair.

I was using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner before I ran out, which is a few bucks more but much lighter weight and doesn't make me do double the work to condition my hair when I'm in a hurry. I'll find a way to use up the bottle of Garnier's conditioning cream (maybe even just treat it like a regular conditioner, because that's pretty much the only way I've gotten it to work), but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't repurchase it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm not really a big fan of this product.. It did leave my hair looking shiny but I was hoping it'd control my frizzy curly hair as well, I was wrong :/ I can't say I'd reccomend it, pretty disappointing :/

on 6/10/2013 4:14:00 PM

I have never had any luck with Garnier products. I bought this because I was on a budget, it was cheap and it smelled good. My hair is really dry and straight so I have been looking for a good leave in treatment. This does absolutely nothing, but make my hair smell good. The bottle says put it in when your hair is wet or dry, but if I put it in when my hair is wet it actually seems to make the condition of my hair worse. so I finger some through after I blow dry for the scent. Too much and it seems to leave a coating.

I will not be buying this again.

on 1/21/2013 3:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm a guy and I have coarse thick black hair, this stuff leaves my hair soft and fluffy I like it.

on 12/12/2012 10:18:00 PM

This made my thick hair very tangled. It also made my hair feel like I had major buildup. Disappointing.