October 23, 2014 | 1076 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this leave-in conditioner. One day I love it and the next day I can't believe I would put it on my hair again! I have long, straight, fine hair so I need a great leave-in, especially near my roots. If applied while wet and then blow dried, it actually takes longer to dry and makes my hair feel thicker. Absolutely love that! On other days, it seems to make my hair sticky and very tangled. I'm not sure if it is the weather or too much product build up. I use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to get all products out of my hair so that could be it. Having fine hair does make product build up a lot easier. When I apply this leave-in to dry hair, I only apply it to my ends.
When it comes to packing, I love it! Very simple to use, doesn't become clogged, and easy to control how much product comes out. The amount of leave-in you get for the price (around $4) isn't bad at all.
Overall, I would recommend this product because it does help tremendously some days. Definitely wouldn't call it my HG. Still looking for a better leave-in.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I wanted to love this, seeing that it has such a wallet-friendly price tag especially for how much comes in a bottle, and I could just run it through my hair and be on my way. But it seems Garnier products just don't seem to work well for me, leaving it with some uncomfortable-feeling hair, whether it's a dry, limp texture, heavy weight, or in the case of their Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream, a heavy, waxy coat. After an hour letting my hair air-dry, when I ran my hands through my hair the conditioner would come off on my hands! It never absorbed. I thought maybe it was because the first time I used this was fresh out of the shower, after having already used a regular conditioner in the shower which probably kept it from absorbing. When my frustrated self ended up rinsing out the conditioning cream, my hair was incredibly soft! ... But you're not supposed to rinse out the conditioning cream, so I'm not sure that the softness was a result of the regular conditioner or the Garnier one.

So the next time I used this cream, I shampooed and skipped my regular conditioner to see if this product performed better. Even using the recommended quarter-size amount of the conditioner, my hair still felt weighed down even after fully air-drying. I ended up rinsing out the cream... again... before my hair started to feel soft to the touch like it would with just my regular conditioner.

This product did condition my hair, but it seems I should only use less than the quarter-size amount directed on the bottle to get the softness I need. But honestly, this product forced me to take more time to take care of my hair than to shorten the time after having to rinse it (even though the bottle instructs not to). And the waxy feeling was just so horrible I'm not even sure I'd recommend it for those with dry hair.

I was using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner before I ran out, which is a few bucks more but much lighter weight and doesn't make me do double the work to condition my hair when I'm in a hurry. I'll find a way to use up the bottle of Garnier's conditioning cream (maybe even just treat it like a regular conditioner, because that's pretty much the only way I've gotten it to work), but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a big fan of this product.. It did leave my hair looking shiny but I was hoping it'd control my frizzy curly hair as well, I was wrong :/ I can't say I'd reccomend it, pretty disappointing :/

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

I have never had any luck with Garnier products. I bought this because I was on a budget, it was cheap and it smelled good. My hair is really dry and straight so I have been looking for a good leave in treatment. This does absolutely nothing, but make my hair smell good. The bottle says put it in when your hair is wet or dry, but if I put it in when my hair is wet it actually seems to make the condition of my hair worse. so I finger some through after I blow dry for the scent. Too much and it seems to leave a coating.

I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

I'm a guy and I have coarse thick black hair, this stuff leaves my hair soft and fluffy I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This made my thick hair very tangled. It also made my hair feel like I had major buildup. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this product. Although it didn't do anything bad to my hair, I didn't notice anything good that it did either. It seemed to just kind of sit there, no matter how much or how little I smoothed in. My ends were still dry after using this for a while and it didn't smooth out any frizziness. Maybe it would work for thinner, less damaged hair?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by xChocobunny

The paackaging was nice- no awkward half broken-caps. However, this did the absolute opposite for my hair. It made it MORE frizzy-looking. If I moved even one strand out of place, a couple strands will go with it and then when I let go, it just droops awkwardly on my head. I found that out the hard way- imagine that on a windy day. My hair is thick is not that frizzy to begin with, depends on the weather. Another plus I guess was that I think my hair colour lightened a bit more? It's been two months since I last died it and with Liese bubble hair dye, it usually lightens to it's actual colour in a week so I'm certain it wasn't the hairdye lightening still as adding this product to my routine was the only thing that changed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

I don't buy regular conditioner anymore, just use this stuff after showering with a natural shampoo. It seems to work! Hair feels so soft and shiny. I like that I can really work it into the ends. I have really fine hair, and never had a problem with it feeling too greasy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by caitiebug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This leave-in is working SO well on my hair! I am pleasantly surprised.
Right now, I am using this out of the shower every day, after shampoo and conditioner. Then, I blow dry with a round brush, and my hair is soft, silky, shiny, and frizz-free! I can't really ask for any more! I have not tried it yet with air-drying. I will usually add a bit of hairspray after blow drying for some hold and texture, but this is the only styling product I use other than that.

My hair is long, not currently color treated, but the ends are a previously dyed, dry, frizzy disaster. My hair is fine and straight-ish, but I have a lot of it and some random waves and lots of frizz. Through trial and error, I've found that the more styling product I use in my hair, the worse the ends seem to look.
The ends are so dried out and damaged, that I realized I needed to make a treatment part of my everyday routine to see some results. A weekly deep conditioning wasn't cutting it. I'm happy that this is an inexpensive, easily found product, and will continue to use as long as I'm getting these fab results, for sure!