Shiseido The Makeup Corrector Pencil

4.3

Trioctanoin, Behenic Acid, Talc, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Japan Wax, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Palm Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palm Oil, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 10/17/2007 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG pencil concealer. I have a Shiseido pencil that I've been carrying around for years (1) and use it regularly for a very hard to conceal spot (broken capillaries) on the bridge of my nose and a few dark spots. Nothing else I've tried has the staying power as well as the complete coverage. I haven't had a color match problem with #1 color (I'm buff/beige with yellow/olive undertones on the lighter side.) I'm still in search of the best undereye concealer though. Right now am trying a combo of the Mary Kay signature concealer (staying power is right) combined with Everyday Minerals powder concealer on top. I'll keep searching...

on 6/22/2007 12:53:00 PM

I have been using this product for the past 5 years! Just cannot live without. This is not for someone that needs a whole face of concealer coverage but for those smaller blemish and light scars. I can sometimes just use this to cover up spots and not use any other foundation or powder and looks great. Colors are limited but blends well into the skin. I love it!

Update 9/30/11
Still using this can't live without. Hope they never discontinue. Loooove this!!

on 5/6/2007 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this mainly to cover pimples and blemishes. The packaging is nice, but the limited color kinda puts me off. That's not the only problem, the staying power is ridiculous! I have oily skin and it's creamy when applied so it's not that hard to blend at all. However it's gone in an hour or two! I tried putting it under the foundation or over the foundation setting it with powder, but it still comes off. Even with primer, it still comes off! EDIT: I'm taking off more lippies. I'm wasting my time putting this thing on and just coming off so quickly. The color doesn't even match my skin tone.

on 2/27/2007 3:26:00 PM

This is the smartest idea ever! It's a concealer in a pencil form, perfect for carrying around in your bag since it won't ever leak and is really tiny and lightweight. The pencil point is also perfect for covering up small blemishes or marks (I normally have to use a lipstick brush to achieve that kind of precision when I use a liquid or cream concealer). It's not as hard as I thought it'd be, given the previous reviews. The texture is dry, but still slightly creamy and can be easily blended on moist or slightly oily skin. I never had a problem with it not depositing color. I have this in 2 and it's a light/medium sandy beige color that is maybe a touch too dark, but looks okay once I've blended it a bit (light, yellow undertones. Probably NC20-ish or so). It has surprisingly good lasting power too, even without setting it with powder. Instant HG!

ETA: Took off a lippie because I noticed that the color is just a bit too orangey/warm on my skin these days. It blends in and looks okay with a dusting of powder, but it's not perfect. I still like and use this item, but wish it came in a shade between 1 and 2.

on 2/7/2007 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used up about 4 or 5 of this pencils arleady over the last 3 years - it is the only shiseido product i use and is a staple in my daily makeup routine. I use it together (in place of a brush) with my MAC moisture cover concealer as it is more precise than a brush or a wand and adds extra cover as well - however, it is a great concealer on its own as well!

on 11/5/2006 12:47:00 AM

This product is fantastic, but you just have to use it correctly. It is hard and dry, but that's a good thing under specific circumstances. I use it after I have applied all my makeup, including my regular concealer. Of course, I have moisturizer and eye cream on too, which is essential with this product. Since I have horrid undereye circles, I use it specifically where I need it: in the indent where the undereye circle meets the cheek. It adds that extra lightness I need. I also use it in the inner eye corners where there is darkness, and anywhere else I want to brighten, including the corners under the nostrils, under the lip corners, and even subtly outlining the upper lip or just under the brow for a little browlift. It is a great touchup product to carry in the purse.

on 8/11/2006 11:39:00 AM

I highly recommend this concealer. May not be ideal for people that need heavier coverage but for the odd spots here and there it's perfect. I have it in #3 (i'm NC40-42) and it's the perfect match. What I love best about this is the staying power. Went out dancing recently and only used this concealer (no foundation or powder) and it lasted the whole night! MY HG concealer.

on 4/24/2006 12:15:00 PM

I really like this pencil. It's not an ideal concealer for general application, or undereye circles. But it's perfect for two things. One, its slim point makes it perfect for spot application, over a scar or mark. Two, it's perfect for brightening my eyes by applying over mascara marks and in the inner corners - the shade looks more natural than your typical pale pink highlighting pencil, but it really awakens and smooths my discolored lids. And the hard texture of the pencil (which renders it unsuitable for the delicate undereye) makes it last and last and last, without creasing or transferring. For the money, it's convenient and a real find.

on 2/11/2006 6:48:00 PM

This is one of the worst concealer ever. Its texture is VERY hard and therefore this concealer doesn't blend well onto the skin. It doesn't conceal well either. This product did nothing. Useless. For its price, it's a shame.

Lastly, the shade selection is really poor. The lightest one was slightly too yellow/pale for me, while the medium one would have probably be too dark for my skin tone. Huge disappointment. continued >>

on 2/7/2006 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Being a lover of Shiseido I was ready to love this pencil conealer.
Wrong!! First of all, it actually pinched my skin when I applied it. It was very hard and waxy. Secondly it did not blend well at all. If you have normal to dry skin stay away from this concealer. It will scale. Which I'm sure,is not the look a girl is going for. At $16, there is nothing extroidinary or anything benefical about this product to justify the price tag. The one thing it had going for it was the preciseness of the pencil, however you could obtain this from a drugstore concealer anywhere and it would probaly be of better quality!
What were you thinking Shiseido? I'll just stick to your lipsticks and glosses from now on.

Top Rated Shiseido Products