October 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vaseline - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ellimacster

I wear a lot of eyeliner, mascara and brown eyeshadow on the brows. THIS REMOVES ALL OF IT! I take a dime sized amount and rub it in circular motion in my closed eye area, then I wipe it off with a cotton pad. It's very inexpensive, very moisturizing and takes forever to finish, literally. The only downside is that, if you do wear a lot of eye makeup, it can be messy. But aside from that, Im going to still use it... Forever and ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by cr4ckthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG eye makeup remover. Seriously. My mom has been removing her waterproof mascara with this stuff since before I was born and it took 18 years for me to catch on to the fact that there is a reason that she has kept using it all these years. It WORKS. I use it strictly for eye make up remover, particularily waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Other makeup removers would take of some but not all of my mascara and eyeliner and would almost always leave my eyes feeling irritated when I would wake up in the morning. I've been pretty picky about my remover in the past - I really don't like anything that leaves a greasy, oily film around my eyes for fear of breaking out, and none of the "oil free" products really feel oil free! But for some reason, the consistency of this doesn't bother me. I just apply it onto my eyes, rub it in a little, take a tissue and gently press the tissue around my lashes and slide the mascara off. I follow up with my left over Almay oil-free makeup remover pads and it removes all the oil and excess eyeliner and leave my eyes the most make-up free they've ever been. And it's super conditioning for my lashes! I wouldn't use it on the rest of my face though - too oily and just sits on my skin. It doesn't do anything for my dry spots!

Oh and to the reviewer who said they would never use this because it's petroleum, like what we put in our cars? Petroleum jelly is pretty much all natural - probably a lot more natural than a lot of things you put on your face!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this as a kid for my dry lips and what I realize now is that it was just temporary relief. I've used this as make-up remover and facial moisurizer and it just does not work. It takes so much effort and product such as cotton balls to remove. It also blurs my vision for a bit. I have eczema and have found that this actually irritates my skin and I have to remove it. Since I'm prone to anaphylactic reactions due to an auto-immune deficiency, I won't even take a chance with this. I will go back to MK.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Vaseline to remove remaining traces of mascara and eye makeup after reviewing the EWG's cosmeticdatabase.com site. The other makeup removers I had been using have ingredients that are unsafe, while Vaseline gets a perfect score for safety. The fact that it's inexpensive and can be used for other purposes is even better.

However, after a couple of months of using Vaseline, I switched to olive oil. Olive oil removes eye makeup better than Vaseline, with less pulling on the skin, and it doesn't leave a petroleum jelly layer on the skin or blur my vision if it gets in my eyes. Olive oil gets absorbed into my skin with positive benefits, whereas Vaseline sits like a layer on top of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by midnight_muse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Had such hopes for this, when I saw others highly recommended it as an eye makeup remover...I love to put it on my feet (with socks) in winter, to cure dryness and flaking. It's so simple and basic I figured it might be an undiscovered gem of a product in other ways.

But as an eye makeup remover it was no good for me. It required prolonged rubbing, and worst of all, some of my lashes came out which does not happen with my current favorite, Clinique Take the Day Off. Also the residue was goopy and quite difficult to fully remove.

Still love the product for some reasons and would re-purchase for those...but as a remover, it's a definite no.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

I can not beleive that members of this site would rate this product so highly. It makes me doubt the faith i put in these reviews before buying a product.

cons
1. this is like the messiest makeup remover ever. It is about a hair away from removing your makeup with lard,
2. this makes your eyes blurry and stings!
3. this does not disolve makeup but rather makes it slippery
4. you are forced to tug and rub because theres no dissolving action
5. leaves your eye area greasy and is highly pore clogging
6. umm yeah one other thing ........ THIS IS PETROLEUM!! like the kind we put in our cars (hence the name petroleum jelly) why they hell eould you ever put this on your face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok so was thinking i needed to wash my face and cringed at the thought. Usually it's been fine but since i've been using Urban Decay Liquid Liner and a waterproof mascara it's been bloody annoying trying to take off my eye make-up - UNTIL NOW! And let me tell you, i've used everything from the cheapest to the most expensive stuff and they've all been useless compared to this! The worst so far has been Avon's Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover which i was using up until last night, it was actually temporarily BLINDING me! I thought to myself this is just outrageous so thought i'd hop on to MUA and find something better once and for all. Lucky me i had a jar of Vaseline in the cupboard, i just scooped plenty out and applied it first with a cotton square and lightly rubbed in, this is fine but the square seemed to absorb a lot of it. So next i applied a scoop to my other eye directly with my finger tips and massaged it well to loosen all the makeup then just lightly swiped the excess away with a damp square (i think this is my preferred method!) Lastly, i used my regular face wash to clean my whole face. I think it's a mistake to think that you can skip re-washing your eyes and face if you like your face to feel really clean and get any residue out of your eyes. The great thing about this stuff is that it doesn't sting your eyes or make them go cloudy, you can rub it in to get out even the pesky liner that hides between your lashes, all without losing any lashes! So there you go, i won't be using anything else from now on! (Gotta say however how annoying it is to think how the beauty industry occasionally dupes you out of money, yes there have been many wonderful advances (what would we do without our no-budge eyeliners!) - but what did women use to get off make-up a hundred years ago when they didn't have any Bioderma or Bi-Facil!! VASELINE!!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this to remove my eye make up after reading all of the rave reviews but IMO it didn't live up to all the hipe. Sure it is cheap but I just don't like the way it goes on my eye, it is so goopy and it takes a while to wipe it all off. It removes the make up fairly well but it takes a while to get all of the vaseline off, I don't even know how to explain it but it is just icky to me! I really like my MK eye make up remover a lot better so I am going to stick with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by dottywine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I have been trying to move away from Vaseline because it is just petroleum jelly. As you SHOULD know, petroleum jellies, mineral oils and lanolin clog your skin. They make your skin and hair feel soft, but its just a superficial coating.

So anyway, I didn't use store-bought make up removers because I am trying to go "natural". I used grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. They kept getting into my eyes (irritating it or giving me temporarily blurred vision). They are great for around the face, though.

However, when it comes to EYE make up... I have to go back to vaseline. I won't use it any where else on my face because of its clogging properties, but it is the only thing that won't run into my eyes and it works pretty well. Some water-proof mascara takes some extra effort, though, but it is cheap and works well in most cases.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by adumlang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only eye makeup remover I have used since I was 16. I am in my forties now. Will never switch.