Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

2.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/29/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

WORST MASCARA EVER!

It would be better to use drugstore! This mascara is awful for these reasons:
1. The formula is super runny, from the tube to application. It comes off the wand with way too much, making it impossible for an even application.
2. Because the formula is runny, it takes forever to dry on lashes and when it does, it is both really thick and chunky, while still running. It simply doesn't last.
3. There is nothing "Fat" about this. I have thin lashes (hence looking for a thickening mascara), and it makes my lashes look even thinner because of the uneven application. My lashes clump up in wet, gooey paint.

What an absolute waste of money. I'll stick with my Dior or even better, Hourglass.

on 10/22/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

meh.. nothing special.. i prefer the guerlain mascara

on 10/9/2013 12:18:00 AM

This is my go to mascara.... But they must have revamped the look though because the one I use looks nothing like the photo on here. I usually get it from sephora. The brush is great at preventing clumps and my lashes always look long. I love it

on 8/19/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this ages ago and completely forgot that I had it.That's because I bought it because it sounded promising and it turned out to be totally overhyped.

I have short, straight Asian eyelashes so I always look for something that will give me volume, length and hold my curls all day.
This mascara doesn't hold my curls, it smudges easily and it clumps like crazy so I end up with spider legs as eyelashes.

Overall I don't have much to say about this product other than I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/5/2013 1:18:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara-even compared to Benefit's They're Real, Maybelline Falsies, Diorshow and Lancome HypnoseI-- but I understand why people give it a low rating. Pros: the blackest black I have ever seen, lengthening and thickening. Cons: takes a while to dry, can transfer to my brow bone (partly because it makes my lashes so long that they touch my brow bone) and very difficult to remove. Since starting to wear this mascara I have been told on 4 separate occasions by total strangers "you have beautiful eyes and eyelashes," one older woman even asked what mascara I use, and 2 people have asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes. This mascara really truly gives you long thick lush glossy lashes. I recommend wiggling the wand quite a bit at the base of your lashes and then swiping through with 2 coats-- no need to even redip the wand.

I really like this mascara, but it wasn't everything I hoped for. I feel like it worked best if I very slowly built up layers or even if I layered it with other mascara. The best way to put it on for me was to slide it out of the tube while pressing the wand against the mouth to scrape off excess, sweeping on a layer, then combing out my lashes with a clean spoolie. When I do this, the mascara is fabulous and I get a fantastic look. Pros: buildable, fun packaging, pretty nice formula. Cons: takes awhile to dry, too much comes out on the brush at once. I will definitely repurchase this mascara when this tube is gone since I found the steps that work well for me.

on 7/2/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was not impressed with this mascara. I have been using Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara for years and have been really happy with it. I've tried different mascaras here and there and have always come back to Great Lash. My sister bought me this Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara as a gift and I was excited to try it. It was a let down. The brush is huge, like a big puffy brush. It does not separate well and it just feels like a wet mess going on. It didn't do much for lengthening my lashes and I couldn't really say it made them fuller either. It was just like applying a thick, black, almost liquid eyeliner to my lashes. I don't like it. The only thing to like is the darkness of the black and the packaging is alright.

Since this disappointment, my mother in law told me about Maybelline's Falsies mascara. I went out to buy it and I love it. Dare I say, it may be even better than their Great Lash mascara... :) I am still hoping some day that some mascara will be EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but until then, Maybelline's Falsies is as close as I'm going to get. And I'm okay with that.

on 6/26/2013 7:17:00 PM

I really love this mascara. Personally, I don't think $20 for a UD mascara is a lot because all of their products are wonderful. I recently ran out of it and decided to try Benefits They're Real, so we'll see how that goes, but I definitely will be repurchasing the UD Big Fatty Mascara in the future. It made my lashes super long and thick. I paired it up with the UD Supercurl mascara under, and my lashes looked amazing.

This mascara makes my lashes look long and very thick without making them look clumped. It's a very beautiful mascara and it's sad it has such low ratings!! I would tell anyone that don't have long eye lashes to try this!!

on 5/16/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Big Fatty, but only in specific instances. Other people have said it takes forever to dry and is hard to get off, and they are right. A very careful hand is needed when applying this mascara, and a very patient one is needed to take it off.

However, for me, this mascara gives me huge, huge eyelashes that almost look fake. I have very long, white-blonde eyelashes normally, and I hate wearing falsies even though I love how they look. On my eyelashes, two coats of Big Fatty make my lashes enormous. Waiting for it to dry is a pain, but once it does, the mascara is set for a long time. Too long, sometimes. It requires some patience and effort to fully remove.

Don't buy this as an everyday mascara, but if you have the right lashes for it (and the time to apply/remove), it can give you a very dramatic look for special occasions.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products