April 18, 2014 | 1812 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Big Fatty, but only in specific instances. Other people have said it takes forever to dry and is hard to get off, and they are right. A very careful hand is needed when applying this mascara, and a very patient one is needed to take it off.

However, for me, this mascara gives me huge, huge eyelashes that almost look fake. I have very long, white-blonde eyelashes normally, and I hate wearing falsies even though I love how they look. On my eyelashes, two coats of Big Fatty make my lashes enormous. Waiting for it to dry is a pain, but once it does, the mascara is set for a long time. Too long, sometimes. It requires some patience and effort to fully remove.

Don't buy this as an everyday mascara, but if you have the right lashes for it (and the time to apply/remove), it can give you a very dramatic look for special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by himynameisjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Super disappointed with this mascara. I have naturally long eyelashes, and thought I'd treat myself to a nice mascara.
Unfortunately, the Big Fatty Mascara was just a big, fat disappointment. It made me eyelashes clump together, and took forever to dry. Then when it did dry, it was impossible to take off. Despite scrubbing at my eyes with make up remover, I still woke up in a morning with it smudged all over my face. It only truly came off when I soaked my face in the shower. This made quick removal and reapplication impossible because if it didn't all come off with make up remover, it made my eyelashes clump together even more.
Also, the brush is weird, and the tube doesn't easily allow for wiping off excess, so I often ended up with way too much on the brush, which probably accounts for some of the issues I had with it. But even when I figured this out, it still didn't act like the mascara I expected for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by effstar

The best mascara going. My lashes are conditioned, long and thick. I've used a lot of mascaras and this is by far the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's just meh.
Not Urban Decay's greatest but also not their worst. On the hunt for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was on sale at Ulta , (marked down a great deal so why not ) and yes, I did make my lashes very full. But my only issue was the way it clumped and dried. I honestly could have been using too much but even with remover , it was hard to get off. I also notice my lashes stuck together a bit as well. Other then that , a great product! Perfect to coat over false lashes or to add volume to small lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by agf1908

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have short, stubby lashes. After using Big Fatty my lashes have great volume, length and separation. I would buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted a cruelty-free, paraben-free mascara that volumises...and do you know how hard they are to find?! So I got this UD one which is apparently new and improved. I love all their other stuff I've tried so I figured, hey, 15 for a guaranteed awesome thing, why not?

So anyway, PROS:
- cruelty-free
- paraben-free
- really black
- gives me REALLY dramatic lashes (my bf asked if I had false eyelashes on. best day of my life)
- does not budge. so I can finally use a mascara on my lower lashes without looking like a zombie by the end of the day

CONS:
- the brush is sort of terrifying and spiky and plastic. DO NOT get it in your eye. I learnt that the hard way.
- this stuff sticks to your eyelashes like glue. I have been using it for three days and even after washing, using several types of eye makeup remover and two types of face wipe, I think I still have a bit of mascara from day 1 on there. pretty gross, I know. So if anyone can recommend an industrial-strength eye makeup remover (for sensitive skin!), let me know pleeease.
- it doesn't REALLY volumise or make your eyelashes 'fat' in any way, just sort of really BIG and long. So I think they got the name half right. [I've uploaded a picture, go see.]
- it makes your eyelashes quite hard and stick-like, not soft and fluttery if that's what you're into.

So yeah, if you're willing to put in the effort with the brush to get it right, it will give you super duper amazing eyelashes. As long as you don't mind never being able to take it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know so many people hate this mascara... I love it..I also have naturally long, dark lashes though..it seems this wouldnt do so well on short lashes. I initially got this as a sampe when I had gotten some UD things at Macys..loved it and then bought the 2 pack for 29.00....it doesnt clump or cause my lashes to stick together...I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by arianataze

I've been on the hunt for a good volumizing mascara and this was on promotion at Sephora so I thought "why not?"

It's actually not *that* bad, but I definitely won't be repurchasing. I think it's formulated for people with sparse lashes (mine are already pretty full) and that's why it didn't work for me. Anyway, I'll give you the pros and cons.

PROS:
cruelty-free, very black, didn't smudge, easy to take off with eye makeup remover, thickening.. I got compliments on how thick my lashes looked
CONS:
clumpy as **** on me, which is my biggest pet peeve. also, it's expensive-- I feel like there are better mascaras at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by JessKiley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay has revamped the old Big Fatty formula and even gave it new package and brush. I tried the old one and it as awful. The new one however, is awesome! If you are a fan of Lash Blast, consider this one its cruelty free sister. It is wetter than Lash Blast and the brush is a bit different but the effect is the same. My only complaint is that it curled the ends of my lashes a LITTLE too much. Otherwise it's smooth, glossy, lightweight and does exactly what it says it does. They did a great job with the new product!