October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by xfallenxlostx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara, but it wasn't everything I hoped for. I feel like it worked best if I very slowly built up layers or even if I layered it with other mascara. The best way to put it on for me was to slide it out of the tube while pressing the wand against the mouth to scrape off excess, sweeping on a layer, then combing out my lashes with a clean spoolie. When I do this, the mascara is fabulous and I get a fantastic look. Pros: buildable, fun packaging, pretty nice formula. Cons: takes awhile to dry, too much comes out on the brush at once. I will definitely repurchase this mascara when this tube is gone since I found the steps that work well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed with this mascara. I have been using Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara for years and have been really happy with it. I've tried different mascaras here and there and have always come back to Great Lash. My sister bought me this Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara as a gift and I was excited to try it. It was a let down. The brush is huge, like a big puffy brush. It does not separate well and it just feels like a wet mess going on. It didn't do much for lengthening my lashes and I couldn't really say it made them fuller either. It was just like applying a thick, black, almost liquid eyeliner to my lashes. I don't like it. The only thing to like is the darkness of the black and the packaging is alright.

Since this disappointment, my mother in law told me about Maybelline's Falsies mascara. I went out to buy it and I love it. Dare I say, it may be even better than their Great Lash mascara... :) I am still hoping some day that some mascara will be EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but until then, Maybelline's Falsies is as close as I'm going to get. And I'm okay with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by xmikaa

I really love this mascara. Personally, I don't think $20 for a UD mascara is a lot because all of their products are wonderful. I recently ran out of it and decided to try Benefits They're Real, so we'll see how that goes, but I definitely will be repurchasing the UD Big Fatty Mascara in the future. It made my lashes super long and thick. I paired it up with the UD Supercurl mascara under, and my lashes looked amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara makes my lashes look long and very thick without making them look clumped. It's a very beautiful mascara and it's sad it has such low ratings!! I would tell anyone that don't have long eye lashes to try this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Big Fatty, but only in specific instances. Other people have said it takes forever to dry and is hard to get off, and they are right. A very careful hand is needed when applying this mascara, and a very patient one is needed to take it off.

However, for me, this mascara gives me huge, huge eyelashes that almost look fake. I have very long, white-blonde eyelashes normally, and I hate wearing falsies even though I love how they look. On my eyelashes, two coats of Big Fatty make my lashes enormous. Waiting for it to dry is a pain, but once it does, the mascara is set for a long time. Too long, sometimes. It requires some patience and effort to fully remove.

Don't buy this as an everyday mascara, but if you have the right lashes for it (and the time to apply/remove), it can give you a very dramatic look for special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by himynameisjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Super disappointed with this mascara. I have naturally long eyelashes, and thought I'd treat myself to a nice mascara.
Unfortunately, the Big Fatty Mascara was just a big, fat disappointment. It made me eyelashes clump together, and took forever to dry. Then when it did dry, it was impossible to take off. Despite scrubbing at my eyes with make up remover, I still woke up in a morning with it smudged all over my face. It only truly came off when I soaked my face in the shower. This made quick removal and reapplication impossible because if it didn't all come off with make up remover, it made my eyelashes clump together even more.
Also, the brush is weird, and the tube doesn't easily allow for wiping off excess, so I often ended up with way too much on the brush, which probably accounts for some of the issues I had with it. But even when I figured this out, it still didn't act like the mascara I expected for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by effstar

The best mascara going. My lashes are conditioned, long and thick. I've used a lot of mascaras and this is by far the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's just meh.
Not Urban Decay's greatest but also not their worst. On the hunt for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was on sale at Ulta , (marked down a great deal so why not ) and yes, I did make my lashes very full. But my only issue was the way it clumped and dried. I honestly could have been using too much but even with remover , it was hard to get off. I also notice my lashes stuck together a bit as well. Other then that , a great product! Perfect to coat over false lashes or to add volume to small lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by agf1908

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have short, stubby lashes. After using Big Fatty my lashes have great volume, length and separation. I would buy this product again.