December 19, 2014 | 1154 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Oyster Girl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here is how I came to purchase this gloss. A couple of weeks ago while out to dinner I saw this woman with an amazing lip color. I asked what she was wearing and she said she was wearing Mac Blankety l/s with Prr l/g. I was obsessed with recreating that lip look, but she was a very fair blond, and I have tan/olive complexion with dark hair/eyes. Well, after many tries I came up with the perfect dupe for my skin tone, it is with Oyster Girl l/g over Modesty l/s. On my pigmented lips I get a neutral, pink with silver sheen. So beautiful in the evening, especially in candle light. I really love this gloss. I have nothing else that looks like it on my lips and its perfect for the look I wanted.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Fruitmash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oyster girl is this beautiful soft pink. It looks amazing over nude or pink lipsticks, but what really seals the deal for me is how it neutralises bright lip colours!! Take Rebel for example. Being NW20, it's too bold for me to really wear in the daytime. But a quick slick of this and POW!! It becomes a gorgeous soft, light purple, similar to "Up The Amp". Still bold, but much more wearable. I recommend this lipgloss to all, whether you like bold or nude lips, you can put this over ANYTHING and it'll look amazing, or you can wear it alone and it's perfect for work. A must have item :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I, Like the reviewer below, have passed on oyster girl so many times. Every time I've gone to the mac counter & swatched on my hand, I've given it a pass thinking the colour would look awful on my lips. But I've been surprised by lipglasses before & knowing that this is a little legend that's been popular for a while, I thought why not? & hey presto, it's lovely! It certainly doesn't disappoint with it's pearly, pale pinkish almost nude with lavender colour. Beautiful over pink lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by agic87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipgloss! Really pretty shade and also goes really well with lipstick on top. My only complaint would be that it's a tad bit sticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me this colour was a bit disappointing. Maybe all the rave reviews, and also the MA at MAC really liked this colour, gave me unrealistic expectations. Anyways it just simply doesn't seem to go too well with my naturally garish dark, highly-pigmented purple lips! Maybe it would look better on someone with naturally pink lips instead. It made me look washed out because it is so much paler than my natural lip colour. I still like it and I'd still use it on casual days, when I want to look like I'm not wearing makeup and have a sorta nude look. (My natural lips are so dark they look like I'm wearing lipstick when I'm not, so I guess pale shades like this one can help to tone them down.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by MissPhilly

I first tried this product in high school and have been in love ever since! This is a staple of mine and is always lingering in one of my bags. My lips are very pigmented and the shimmer that this creates is gorgeous!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My - and many other girls that I know! - first MAC purchase. A beautiful, milky pink with subtle gold iridescence. This is a very popular product and with good reason. It's gorgeous on its own or over top of any lipstick, and is flattering on almost everyone. It's very shiny (as the name lipGLASS alludes) so your lips look luscious and wet with this on, however it is very thick and sticky. I think this is a staple in any collection and should be tried at least once! I have seen casual makeup wearers have this in their makeup bags...it's pretty and not crazy or bold.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one of my HG items...Cant live with out this item either. Its a most have. Pinks look so good on me I can wear this with no mu and it still looks great! Its very similar to C-thru but in a pink shade. I will def be buying this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oyster girl is a pretty, almost white-pink on my lips. Not a look I go for these days.
However, it is a staple for me now, cos I use it over a lot of my lipsticks to lighten or add warmth and gloss.
My favorite look is to layer OG over my Victoria's secret Melt lipstick (plum colored lippie). It looks divine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by AriesD

This is the first MAC lipgloss I bought and, at first, I didn't like it. When it is first applied it looks very uneven and feels very sticky/goopy. However, after it dries down it gives my pigmented lips a slightly lighter color with a very pretty gold/pink/peach sparkle. You hardly notice it on your lips after it has dried, which is what I really like about it - it's wet looking but not actually wet. While it may seem expensive ($14), it is actually the best deal when you look at price per amount of product. The package/tube is also small enough that it can fit into a small purse or even your pocket. Not too crazy about the doe foot applicator, but that's just one small issue. :)