November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Moisturizers - Nature's Gate - Oh What a Night

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by losangelesvintage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll come back and edit this later with the full review, but I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before! Just wanted to leave this note saying I've used it for six months and it's the most incredible skincare product I've ever used. just buy it! under $15 at vitacost- absolutely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lizziengaire

Bought this at Winners for $10?
I have dry skin, and have been using Shiseido for the morning and Clinique's anti-oxidant night cream at night, and when I was running out of it, I decided to give this a try.

I really don't like the smell, and there was so little in the jar. The product itself is nice, I suppose. I wake up in the morning smooth and supple, but when I touched my face, there were bits of cream pilling and rolling on my cheeks (grossss... ) It's like when you shower, and then you start to scrub your skin with your towel, and you get those little specks of rolled up dirt and skin. Anyway, I really didn't like that. So I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

After all the great reviews, I was expecting to be wowed by this little jar. I wasn't. I'm always on the hunt for a great moisturizer and was hoping to find something cheaper than Philosophy's Miracle Worker (which I am now returning to.) So I picked this up and ... was pretty underwhelmed. It makes a decent daily moisturizer in taking away any dryness but it doesn't make me glow or improve my skin in any way. I'm now at the end of the jar and still feel like it's all quite average. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by april4

So once again, based on the reviews here and my frquent visits to TJ Maxx, I perused the Beauty dept aisle of my local TJ Maxx and discovered this walnut moisturizer. I have no idea how old it is but I paid about $8.00 for it. It is a thick beige colored cream in a jar. I have been using for a week and my skin feels softer and has a glow in the morning!

I gave some to my friend who is about 10 years older than I - and she loved it so much she went and bought some too. I also bought the "Forget Your Lines" serum from Nature's Gate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this moisturizer. I normally use Weleda Skin Food on my face at night because it is a heavy, all natural moisturizer that leaves my skin dewy in the morning. After reading the reviews for this stuff, I had to see how the two compared. I still prefer to use Skin Food at night because it's much more moisturizing, but Oh What a Night has become my new favorite daily moisturizer. The smell is lovely, the quality is fantastic, and it absorbs into the skin well so you can apply it before makeup. The ingredients seem to make my complexion "glow," and as one reviewer mentioned, it helps to fade redness and acne scarring. My only complaint is the packaging. It's cute but it contains very little product (about a month's worth). However, you can purchase it relatively cheap at Vitacost. Highly recommend!

**UPDATE**
It's been about 2 months since I began using this, and it seems to have lost its efficacy :( It may be because my skin has become too accustomed to it, or because it's not as moisturizing in colder weather. Whatever the reason, about 5 minutes after I apply this in the morning, my skin is dry and deprived of moisture once again. I have now adopted a new favorite daily moisturizer and it hydrates MUCH better in cold weather: Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing natural moisturizer that's paraben-free! I'm trying to get most of the chemicals out of my natural beauty products and this night cream fits the bill. I think it's perfect for combo skin like mine., It's not greasy at all,. absorbs really well in the skin and brightens my complexion., I have a lot of red marks and acne scars and when I put this on at night, I wake up with smooth,. clear, brighter and fresh looking skin., It has a slight walnut smell that's not offensive,,. no added fragrance., the walnut smell is because it has walnut in it., I love it because I don't feel like a greasball when I go to bed,. yet I'm still moisturized.

My only complaint about this is the small size. But compared to some of the most expensive creams that don't deliver, I'd say it's afforable in the long run., It's $12 from Amazon and Vitacost. The prices seem to vary on this particular cream,. so instead of buying at whole foods,. you are probally better off ordering it with discounted shipping and save money., I plan to stock up on it., I figure one small jar may last about 30-45 days. Even though it comes in a jar, it does come with a scoop to prevent contamination. Something I would like to see all jar creams come with.

I encourage the "Natural" and Organic people to try to this cream, Some natural products don't deliver, but this one definitely does!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hmm, i would definitely give this product a 4.3 instead of 4 if the site allows, i didn't really believe in the "glowing" skin next day after using the cream-reviews but im on my 4th day of using and i guess i was too tired in the mornings to check on my skin. Today, i was shocked at the brightness of my face, usually my skin looks dull whole day but wow, i used a lil more cream last night and it proved to me that this renewal night cream works.

I'm glad i tried it but the price is very expensive for me, $39SGD. I hope it can last for 3 months and i will update the rating to 5 lippies. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Overall, a nice moisturizer. I have oily skin and I particularly don't like applying any type of cream with heavy consistency on my face, therefore I probably won't be buying this again. I wanted to give this a try because of all the good reviews and I found it to be a good product. However, I like to stick to something really light weight or gel consistency so I don't use this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this defintely has a lifting effect for my skin.
so i use this 3 days a week for night cream when i need my skin to be lifted. and other days i use my usual night cream from ole henriksen.
this is inexpecsive and very well moisturizing , organic, well made night cream. i will keep using this and think buying again when i run out of this cream . i bought this 12$ at amazon.com i was lucky :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by meikii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

OH EM GEE! This night cream saved my life! I have tried so many many many creams out there all high ends Dior, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Philosophy, Clinique, Shiseido, Elizabeth Arden... and some drugstores like Burts Bee and Olay. Nothing actually impressed me like this cream!
I read a review of this long ago but never actually tried it. Last week I was looking around at Marshalls and saw this. I grab this and the C serum home to try both did not even cost me $20. The best $20 I have ever spent.
They work so well together after the first night I only got 4 hours of sleep still I woke up with beautiful luminous skin. Something that I havent seen in a year i think. And it keeps improving since. I was breaking out like crazy right before I use this bc I went off the monthly pill. After using this the breakout if all gone!! Miracle!!! I'm keeping my finger crossed :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No