July 29, 2014 | 1915 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is ridiculous, and makes a mess when you attempt to use it. I ignored this product for ages after using it once, but recently decanted it into a simple "loose powder container" with a sifter and a powder puff (From KATE Kanebo cosmetics.) Now that it is in a much more convenient packaging, I finally use it.

I am reminded of how much I enjoy using this for a quick day to go. I have two shades and I mix them in the decanted container for a good transition shade from summer to winter.

This product covers mild acne and slightly red spots enough to tide me over for the day. Give warning to dry skin that it does latch onto dry patches or flakes, even after you moisturize properly. That being said, it would not suit those that are oily either unless you plan on blotting throughout the day as it does turn my combination-dehydrated skin into a glowier complexion. Frankly I do like this, so I don't ever truly mind, but many may differ from wanting to look a little bit oil slicked.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MamaSher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product caused me to react and have red cheeks for weeks. I will not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by EmoCupcakezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well... this foundation is pretty average. It wears well all day, but gowsh, my face got so oily by noon... it was gross :( I feel like this would work great for someone who's skin had no oil problem. I also felt like it was a bit over-priced. It didn't last longer than a month and a half, and the bottom cracks easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I bought this loose powder specifically to set my foundation or concealer and it did an ok job at that, except this did nothing for my slightly oily t-zone. Within a few hours it was shiny. Also, another thing I didn't like was the color, it made my foundation and face a different color.. like more beige than it actually is- I got it in the medium color. If you can find a color that matches you, this would be nice, in addition to carrying around blotting tissue if you're slightly oily like me. The packaging is really bulky and big, like 50% of it is the product, the other 50% is a dome lid with a horrible brush. And the sifter is a bit weird, but overall, this is an average product. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by classyitalian

I went back and forth on liquids and minerals.. and for me minerals seem to be my love, I hate have to conceal, apply foundation, and the powder to have my face stay put! I've tried clinique mineral powder but the coverage.. well it sucked. I've tried others but this one I'm just in love with!!!!<3 it blends well, you don't need much, its very light, and natural. As for the packaging that's another story... I hate the brushes, I don't use them at all.. pretty much useless, it should be made like the bareminerals container in my opinion and instead of putting in the brush, just add more product(:
Love the powder, dislike the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I bought this powder in the container that stands straight up with a brush on top.I bought this in medium it was to use when I tan.The powder made my face flawless with a soft powder feel.I would purchase again.I do not care for the coverups in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by melanieRD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this... but it's too dark and it makes my face a weird color.. I can't seem to find something that doesn't make my hot red/pink skin look a decent color. I used loreal minerals for years now but my poor skin is so irritated and awful I felt I needed to change. I hate this and the bare mineral set I got. The packaging on this is ridiculous and the brush is a pos.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried SO hard to like this powder. It doesn't cover redness or blemishes well at all. So I used it with the liquid concealer by Physician's Formula. The liquid concealer is a dream but even after I allowed the concealer to dry very well, the powder on top just made my skin look cakey (I applied a thin coating) and the lightest color does not match my fair complexion well at all. I had the dreaded make-up line on my neck. The packaging is clumsy. You try to shake the powder into the lid to warm it up before putting it on your face but it just goes EVERYWHERE. So disappointed. I tried so hard to like it, but it was just a waste of money. I used it about 5 times trying to like it but couldn't. I used different brushes each time too and with and without primer to see if it helped any. No, it's just horrid.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

I sort of love hate this product just because it is light and feels great, but their colour range sucks so bad, I got their darkest one and I'm just tanned colour and its still very light so I have to try to darken up my skin with Bronzer or something. I'm also not a big fan of the packaging, I mean it includes a brush and that's great on the go but it sucks and the container isn't that great either when you have to get product out of it. Also I live in Australia and the make up price here is just insane compared to the US so not so great pricing. Overall the product itself is great especially if you have light skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Cbizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As far as mineral powders go, I do like this stuff. It covers well while still being natural. However, it does cause my face to look oily in a few hours so it has to be touched up every so often. You can't just put it on and forget about it. The packaging is terrible. It's hard to get the powder out without making a huge mess. I've developed a technique but a lot of my other makeup products are covered with a fine layer of it just by close contact. Also, it does not cause breakouts or clog pores. All in all, I would recommend it.