Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

on 7/15/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably one of my favorite masks that always helps clearing and shrinking acne, and helps bring them to a head faster.

I'd give this 5 stars but the reason I'm not is because it leaves my face feeling dry despite having oily skin, I do add honey on occasion though.
I've been using this for a year and I rarely touch any other face masks, and I'm a face mask junkie. I use it twice a week, to hopefully get my skin looking decent for the weekend, which is usually does.
I mix it with ACV of course, which doesn't sting my skin in any way, and my face rarely pulsates now but it does on occasion. This is going to sound REALLY gross, but if I have a big, sore pimple, I can feel it pulsating big time on that spot (not sure if good or bad), most likely because it's already tender. I leave it on until it dries then I rinse off because it tightens so much it pulls my skin slightly in certain areas which I'm not a fan of.

I also get breakouts on my chest (lovely) and I use this to spot treat them. I've used it on mosquito bites too which calms them.
This is like $5-$6 and it'll last you a reaaaaally long time, you don't need a ridiculously thick layer.

If you are super prone to breakouts like I am you should definitely try this out, and you may or may not "purge". So be wary.

on 7/14/2015 6:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Really like this mask! I tried it awhile ago with water and didn't think it was that great and found it too drying, but recently tried it with apple cider vinegar and it makes a big difference! (I use the braggs organic with the "mother" still in it.)

Been using twice a week. I have quite dry combo skin so i don't let it completely dry(20/25 mins max.) I had such clogged pores due to trying out a chanel foundation and this unblocked them brilliantly on my t-zone after 2 uses!

Keep in mind the first time you use it, it can cause a break out because it is bringing clogged pores to a head(So don't do it before an important event.), the 2nd time you use it this stops, and it also prevents further breakouts.

So I keep going back to this mask although every single time I use it, I break out. This time around, I read a review that said if the mask breaks you out to keep using it until the breakout is gone. A week ago my skin was 80% active acne with a few post acne marks on my face that I would like to get rid of. I decided to try this mask for the marks once again. Day number one: I noticed a few raised whiteheads post-mask so I skipped two days and tried the mask again. I woke up the next morning to 4 new zits on my face, all of which kept growing and getting more painful throughout the day. I used the mask the next two nights, now my face is red, dry and so broken out. I don't understand why this product will not work for me...but I'm throwing it away. BEWARE. This is just proof that everyone is different. What may be a miracle mask for some...ruins other people's lives. (Well--maybe not "lives" but most definitely ruined my clear skin this week:/)

on 7/1/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

VERY IMPORTANT: This type of clay is very alkaline, so please do not put it on your skin without altering the pH first. I made this mistake and I ended up with damaged skin barrier and a breakout. I'm so glad I gave this another chance even after that! I now mix it with apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice, both of which bring down the pH of the clay and create a wonderfully fluffy mousse.

The second most important thing to remember when using this mask is to never let it dry completely! While it is moist it will absorb unwanted compounds and oils from the skin, but once it begins to dry, it loses that ability. Instead, it will start drawing moisture from the skin, making it red and raw. Even if you have oily skin, losing water is not a good thing!

Third, masks need to be used regularly get results and maintain them. Yes, this clay will shrink your pores and reduce your sebaceous filaments, but you have to use it at least once a week (maybe twice or thrice upon starting the regimen).

My favorite combo so far: lemon juice (brightening vitamin C), honey (humectant), clay, and turmeric (lightening). In the future, I plan on making a 5% solution with vitamin C powder + water to try with this mask. This clay is extremely versatile, so don't be afraid to experiment!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I feel like this product has been over hyped and I'm actually quite disappointed. The only time I saw some difference with my skin was after the first application. My face looked a little bit clearer and I had a glow the next morning. However, since then it hasn't done anything for my skin. It's not glowing, it's not clear and in actual fact the texture of my skin is starting to look rough. I followed the instructions and I even experimented with different liquids (water, vinegar and honey/plus different moisturizers afterwards). I used it constantly and then I used it less to figure out which worked best. At times I left it on for 10 minutes and then once after reading someone else's suggestion on here(which I later regretted big time), I left it on for an hour and let me tell you, THAT WAS EXTREMELY PAINFUL. My skin was red raw and it felt like severe sun burn on my face. I felt sick and I had to use an ice pack. When I've used it for less time, I didn't mind the pulsating effect but I didn't like the intense tightening. I'm always eager to get it off as soon as it dries so I can't say it's a relaxing experience. The only positive I can think of is that it does do a good job of drying out spots so I may still use it occasionally for small breakouts.

on 6/24/2015 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

makes you break out the first few times but afterwards, it works sooooo well. Especially for my super sensitive acne prone crazy skin.

on 6/19/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good mask, especially for the price. But I didn't see the awesome mind-boggling results that other reviewers claim. I used it correctly - one teaspoon of clay, one teaspoon of organic Bragg's acv, no metal bowls or mixing tools, thick 1/2 inch coating (lying on my back), 30 minutes on the face. It cleared out little clogs on my nose and cheeks, somewhat shrunk a cyst I had on my cheek, pulsed and hurt like a mother, and left my face furiously beet-red and flaky for another hour. I freaked out, and moisturized. Clean-up is messy, as others have said, I washed it off with a bowl of water in my yard. Not taking any chances with my shower drain.

I can get the same results without any irritation from my clinique acne solutions mask, or any other high-quality clay mask, for that matter. These masks are more expensive, yeah, but they usually require a smaller amount of product per use ( a thinner coating than the ridiculous 1/2 inch).

Irritation is your skin telling you to back off. I tried this on a whim, underestimating the redness that everyone was talking about, but seriously....abusing the skin in order to clean it doesn't seem worth the trouble. For everyone adding essential oils such as lavender oil because they'll be "moisturizing".... lavender oil is an irritant. Most essential oils with a definitive scent are irritants. You're just making the redness (and probably your acne) worse. Look it up.

on 6/18/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall, this stuff is great! Best mask I've ever used. I mix 1 tablespoon of the mask with organic apple cider vinegar until it becomes the proper consistency (not too runny, not too thick). It's very creamy and goes on smooth. I leave the mask on for 45 min -1 hour. When it hardens, it HARDENS. You can't talk, eat, or move your face in any way. It does leave my face red after I wash it off, but it goes away after about an hour. This mask has made my face smooth and it helping to even out my skin town and fade my acne marks. Love it!

on 6/16/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OMG !! This is the best mask I have EVER used! I've tried everything, from all of the Origins mask to Glamglow to mint julep from dollar general, also other very prestigious EXPENSIVE brands. This Aztec clay mask is by far the BEST. Well I purchase online from a vitamin store 2lbs for $13 with shipping. (I seen that you can also buy off of eBay) It took maybe about a week and a half to arrive, I was so excited to try. I learned about this mask off of YouTube, not sure who was using it. I mixed it with Braggs acv, & after ONE use I noticed the dark marks on my cheeks were lighter and all my blackheads surfaced. My skin was SUPER dry afterwards of course so I just followed up with some Clinique moisturizer. I'm sooo in love with this stuff. I've never noticed such quick results. I'm going to try to do this mask at least once a week. This mask is definitely worth a try! ----my longest review :)