Kevyn Aucoin Curling Mascara

3.6

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just switched to using this from Blinc's Kiss Me mascara. This has a far easier application and less clumping. Additional coats layer very nicely. I'm happy with this mascara.

(I also picked this up during the Semi Annual Sale. A great buy for $14.99.)

I snagged this beauty up during the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual sale and got the regularly $25 mascara for $14.99. Let me just say that after years of trying to find a mascara that shows up only on my lashes and doesn't melt to create undereye circles, I have finally found my HG! This mascara is fabulous. It goes on smoothly with no clumps, thickens my lashes nicely, elongates lashes nicely, curls the lashes slightly, and best of all, stays PUT. That's right, gals. After wearing it in 90 degree heat with 70% humidity with a cream eye shadow and oily eyelids, this stuff didn't travel. That's crazy, right? Nope, that is the awesomeness of Kevyn Aucoin. The only thing that made me nervous was that conventional makeup wipes don't take the stuff off, but trial and error taught me that basic water took the mascara off very simply, much like Kiss Me Mascara, it sloughs off almost in tube form. I would definitely repurchase this mascara and I recommend you give it a try, too.

I love this mascara! One of the best out there in my opinion! No flaking, smudging, smearing. You could cry a river and it would stay put. Plus the curling and volumizing is wonderful! Kevyn... we miss you!!

I bought this in red-black with great trepidation but I am so fascinated with Kevyn's incredible talent and eye that I decided to trust him. I have aqua blue eyes and very long lashes, not particularly dark. I have always prefered brown black mascaras as black just looks too harsh on me. When I first looked at the color of the mascara, I was puzzled - didn't look reddish to me at all (more purpley), but hey, I'm no master of color. I cleaned the wand carefully on the edge of the tube and went for it. OH MY GOODNESS! I have never gotten so much POP out of my eyes with so little effort and with such a natural look! It's almost sort of creepy - and - I guess - magic! My lashes look no darker, but just a tad bit more defined and my eyes look cat-like in their shape and color. Simply amazing!! I used a little plum colored eyeshadow and some eyeliner along the top lid in Teddy by MAC. I DO notice a bit more curl to my lashes, but nothing super amazing. You need to apply this carefully and you can also build it just a bit, carefully.

ugh. This really is a dissapointment. Try Lancome's Hypnose. This is just a flaky mess and it does not curl your lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start by saying I am a mascara junkie..I have used them all. This is the best EVER!! I have been using it for about 6 months now. It lasts all day...no need to touch up. It does not smudge or flake. There is a trick to using it though. When you pull the wand out you MUST wipe all the excess off ( I just do it on the opening of the tube) this gives you much more control and you can build the mascara. If you don't do this it will go on clumpy and you will have to comb your eyelashes pronto.

Please don't waste your money on this mascara.
I had such high hopes for this mascara.
I love Blincs 'Kiss Me' mascara and I was hoping for a curling version of that type of lash 'tubing' mascara.
This did not curl or hold a curl.
It clumps terribly when trying to build.
It did not flake on me, though.
It is not worth the high price.
You name the mascara, high and low end, and I have probably tried it.
I will be returning this to Neiman Marcus.

It took a little getting used to, but once I did-I LOVE this product! It lasts and never smears or moves at all, and unlike waterproof mascaras, slides off easily when removing. Has all the benefits of waterproof without the downside. A bit tricky to work with, it's not a "building" type mascara. You use it with one good solid coat and that's it. Careful applying gets a great strong result.I'm on my second one. For everyday use, can't be beat. For building fat full lashes, not the best choice, but works well for rich deep dark natural lashes and it's great for bottom lashes. Very similar to "Kiss Me" by Blinc but far superior.

Awesome, the best mascara I have EVER used. So easy to use, very black, won't smudge. : )

This mascara is crap. I am sorry but for me it was.

Popular Mascaras