December 19, 2014 | 1600 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Curling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Rhonan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in red-black with great trepidation but I am so fascinated with Kevyn's incredible talent and eye that I decided to trust him. I have aqua blue eyes and very long lashes, not particularly dark. I have always prefered brown black mascaras as black just looks too harsh on me. When I first looked at the color of the mascara, I was puzzled - didn't look reddish to me at all (more purpley), but hey, I'm no master of color. I cleaned the wand carefully on the edge of the tube and went for it. OH MY GOODNESS! I have never gotten so much POP out of my eyes with so little effort and with such a natural look! It's almost sort of creepy - and - I guess - magic! My lashes look no darker, but just a tad bit more defined and my eyes look cat-like in their shape and color. Simply amazing!! I used a little plum colored eyeshadow and some eyeliner along the top lid in Teddy by MAC. I DO notice a bit more curl to my lashes, but nothing super amazing. You need to apply this carefully and you can also build it just a bit, carefully.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ugh. This really is a dissapointment. Try Lancome's Hypnose. This is just a flaky mess and it does not curl your lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by evolvetoday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I am a mascara junkie..I have used them all. This is the best EVER!! I have been using it for about 6 months now. It lasts all day...no need to touch up. It does not smudge or flake. There is a trick to using it though. When you pull the wand out you MUST wipe all the excess off ( I just do it on the opening of the tube) this gives you much more control and you can build the mascara. If you don't do this it will go on clumpy and you will have to comb your eyelashes pronto.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2005 4:42:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Please don't waste your money on this mascara.
I had such high hopes for this mascara.
I love Blincs 'Kiss Me' mascara and I was hoping for a curling version of that type of lash 'tubing' mascara.
This did not curl or hold a curl.
It clumps terribly when trying to build.
It did not flake on me, though.
It is not worth the high price.
You name the mascara, high and low end, and I have probably tried it.
I will be returning this to Neiman Marcus.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

It took a little getting used to, but once I did-I LOVE this product! It lasts and never smears or moves at all, and unlike waterproof mascaras, slides off easily when removing. Has all the benefits of waterproof without the downside. A bit tricky to work with, it's not a "building" type mascara. You use it with one good solid coat and that's it. Careful applying gets a great strong result.I'm on my second one. For everyday use, can't be beat. For building fat full lashes, not the best choice, but works well for rich deep dark natural lashes and it's great for bottom lashes. Very similar to "Kiss Me" by Blinc but far superior.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 6:06:00 AM More reviews by kissandmakeup1

Awesome, the best mascara I have EVER used. So easy to use, very black, won't smudge. : )

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by aliaskara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is crap. I am sorry but for me it was.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I have to admit that when i first tried this stuff I detested it. I tried it with a disposable mascara wand with the idea of tossing it into my pro kit for a generic mascara if I couldn't use it personally. Well, i couldn't use it personally. It flattened the curl in my lashes and was generally too "wet" for my lashes. I did toss it into my pro kit and then promptly forgot about it. Last week I had a fashion show and the mascara I normally use just wasn't doing anything good to the models lashes. I happened across the Kevyn mascara at the bottom of my bag and gave it a try. OH MY GOODNESS! Talk about gorgeous, curled, full, out to there lashes! All my models loved it. I was loving it! That mascara just made me look darn good. After that all the models wanted to come to me and wouldn't let the other artists work on them. I don't understand how this stuff can suck so much on me and work so well on all of them but all I can say is "Thank you Kevyn!". That mascara really saved the day. It looked like i'd put false lashes on the models even when I hadn't. I'm now a devoted fan to this mascara and won't be without it in my kit. I can't explain how everyone else's lashes are different than mine other than saying that mine actually grow down almost into my eye so they are hard to curl. Most of the girls i've worked on seem to have normal lashes. I say this is worth a try. It honestly is my new kit HG mascara. Amazing results that didn't flake or rub off on their cheeks even under the hot lights. Awesome!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love the package and the brush shape. If the mascara inside the tube had been different, I'd be raving. But whoever runs the KA marketing department decided to put on some random, non-grammatical "directions" on the box, including a "secret professional tip" which told me to "blot the mascara with a tissue before applying." KA folks, here's a news flash, for $25 how about you bother to design the tube so that it does the blotting for me when I pull the wand out? Everyone else does.
The brush comes out positively gloppy with mascara which collects in a large gob at the end. It goes on clumpy as a result. Staying power, color, wearability and removal are all fine, if somewhat unusual, but the goopiness makes for nerve-racking applications. You never know what kind of lashes you will end up with. So this is going back, the beautiful tube notwithstanding.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by marieckim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before today, I really liked this mascara but it wasn't my HG. It is expensive ($25) and it didn't do much to actually curl my lashes. But I loved how dark it made my lashes look, and the packaging is beautiful red-black metallic ombre. But I just had a really bad day at work and cried. I thought I would have big, black smears, so I took my makeup bag to the ladies room to swab off the mess. But no! It didn't smudge-- Or I wiped it all off with tissue while I was crying. But I am amazed that it isn't waterproof mascara and it didn't make me look like a street hooker.