November 28, 2014 | 1882 users online

Hair - TiGi - S-Factor Smoothing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

What I love about this product is the bubblegum-pink color and the luscious fragrance... I'm not a big fan of fruity scents, but this is warm and comforting and not at all overwhelming. The fragrance is described as 'asian pear and mango', but it smells like strawberries to me.

This may leave your hair smelling wonderful, but it doesn't perform quite as well (and certainly not as well as you would expect something of this price to perform). Luckily for me, I bought the trial-size pack before I splurged on any full-size products. I had left this shampoo sitting around for a while, and was horrified when it seperated in the bottle..... because I could see that exactly half of this product is just pure silicones. That could explain why when I used these products in my hair, that they made my hair feeling coated, tangly, and made it look dull. Silicones build up really badly in my baby-fine, slightly wavy hair, and make it look horrible, I have better results with sulfate and silicone-free products that don't weigh down my hair.

Some silicone-loaded products (Feria conditioner, Beyond the Zone Get 'n' Creamed) work well in my hair, while products like these just, well .... don't.

Thinking that I may have overwhelmed my hair by trying all the products at once, I tried using these products seperately with the same poor results. For me, the deciding factor was not the S-Factor, it's the Silicone Factor... this just has way too much silicone for my hair to handle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Duchess_of_Dork

I liked the initial effect this shampoo had on my hair, but I am inclined to believe that it and the conditioner were responsible for the breakouts that occurred in my hairline after 10 (or so) days of repeated use. There was also significant build-up on my scalp.

Truly lovely on my hair, but, overall, not the product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 6:36:00 AM More reviews by therese108

At TIGI's London launch for S-Factor, I bought this in a sample pack that included the Smoothing Conditioner, Serious Conditioner and Lusterizer. WOW! I wish I had bought the full-size bottles of all the products instead, which isn't available in my country. S-Factor is now my HG hair range. The Smoothing Shampoo is lovely, pearly pink stuff that smells like heavenly strawberries (and I'm normally one who can't stand fruit scents in anything). A quarter-size amount lathers like anything, and you can actually feel it smoothing and softening your hair. Used in conjunction with the Smoothing or Serious Conditioner (I use Smoothing for everyday and Serious for after swimming), you get hair brimming with that coveted S-Factor: smooth, silky, shiny, soft. I CANNOT WAIT to get a full-size bottle of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mariec99

Love this. The scent had to grow on me as I am not used to sweet, fruity smelling products. It's a good scent -- just not one I was used to. This shampoo is gentle and doesn't strip hair but it cleans throoughly. I have dry curly hair and I really like it. I do use it with the matching conditioner. My hair has tons of volume -- even when I straighten it -- and it comes out swingy, shiny and thick feeling. You only need to use a tiny bit (same with the conditioner) and thats how I can justify the price (plus -- great results!) The packaging is not so great for the shower -- I wish the bottle stood on it's bottom instead of it's head because I always feel like I will spill it. I am also afraid that the cap will come loose when I take this in my suitcase. (The entire line has strange, not very functional packaging. It looks like they designed it to win packaging awards for creativity and not for the customer. For example, The Smoothing Lusterizer (which is also fabulous) is in a hard tear shaped bottle that is impossible to squeeze to get the last bits out -- and believe me, at this price I want every last drop.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by APerfectSeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this in an S-Factor sample pack, and after all the hype long before the release of the line, I just had to try it. The first thing you notice about the entire line is the SMELL. The scent is supposed to be Asian Pear with Papaya. I kind of thought it was strawberry or something, but nonetheless, it is absolutely DIVINE. It didn't take very much at all to work through my hair, and after using it with the matching conditioner, my hair was shiny, smooth, and strong. S FACTOR GET IT? But honestly, it was, and my hair was very easy to work with and took no time at all to straighten. Plus, I got to smell like Asian Pear and Papaya. Tigi is robbing you with that price tag, but I am a sucker for their marketing scheme so I would repurchase.