October 21, 2014 | 973 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

Don't understand why so many people recommend this product. It does not give a nice sheen on my eye lid, just scattered shimmers, and I hate shimmers like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

Amazing product; pricey, but IMO so worth it! Stunning range of colours to choose from - I especially adore whitelights, tiger eye and aqua shimmer. Buildable, versatily, striking, easy to apply & blend and extremely long lasting. These eyeshadows don't crease, fade, smudge or melt (even on my ridiculously oily lids and when i've been dancing all night). Perfect for a huge night out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lavendertania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this eye shadow!! I've been wanting to buy this for the longest time, but I found it too expensive. One day I was trying on makeup at Macy's and ended up at the Shiseido counter. The sales lady there was super friendly and talked me into trying on the Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in Aqua Shimmer. I've tried this before at Sephora, but this time I just couldn't resist purchasing it. It goes on smoothly and is super easy to apply. It came with a brush but I don't use it because it makes the color too heavy. I just use my finger to apply it and blend it out. A little bit goes a long way! I can put this on in the morning and it will still look the same by the time I take it off at night. It leaves no creases (but I use concealer w/ a finishing powder). Overall, I am very satisfied with this eye shadow. As I mentioned before, it's a little pricey, BUT DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tzapiche26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Well I haven t reviewed / bought any products in years. I went today to the beauty dep thinking I will buy one of these pots: glinster sand. I cam home with 2 : bare pink and the violet.
What I can say is:
1. They have great staying power. It was snowing and the snow was getting on my face, but after 6 hours it was still there. This is new to me!
2. Doesn t look cakey! I have tried in the past urban decay and artdeco primers but I dont like how the texture look afterwards. No need for using a primer with this!
3. They do have shimmer. Lots....i noticed around my eyes, which i dont like. I would really like mate colors! I will have to see how it goes on.
4. The texture is great, not drying, soft....it s like not having a thing on your eyelids. Everything I was expected from a eyeshadow. It applies with the finger, in 2 s! That s what I wanted!
5. The colors are nice, pale, even the violet (applied with a light hand)! However I am quite pale and I think the colors doesn t suit very well my skin tone (somehow too dark or too nude).The Violet goes well with my blue eyes, but I am starting to have doubts regarding the H8.
Update 1: I stoped using this after 1 week. I regret that I bought 3. They have no staying power I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Shaggygrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a woman who's in my early 30s, sadly, my eyelids seems to be the first part of my face feeling the effects of time. So I usually don't like using shimmery eye shadows because I find it makes the texture of my eyelids more obvious.

But with this eyeshadow, I just couldn't believe how subtle yet, bright my eyes looked! They really pop! Especially when I dab an oh-so-little amount in the lower inner corner of my eyes.... I bought Lemon Sugar, but I'm sooo craving for more colours! The shimmery effect is really subtle, but like everyone says, it's easily buildable. It blends Über well and really does make a great base, even though I usually use UD Primer Potion with it.

I lived in the Mediterranean region, so it was plenty hot. I also sweat alot, have oily eyelids, but this eyeshadow fared pretty well. Unfortunately for me, without UD Primer Potion, it did crease ever so slightly, but it was really not very noticeable. My mascara fared worst!

Highly recommended for those with aging skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am going to have to jump on the bandwagon and agree... this eyeshadow is incredible. It doesn't crease, it is subtle but buildable, it is SO gorgeous on the skin, and so on and so forth. I could go on for quite some time.

I bought Tiger's Eye, as I love bronzy colours. Much to my delight however, it was not too bronzy (I was afraid it would be too brown to wear for every day). I now use Tiger's Eye every day. It gives my eyes a shimmery, slightly sparkly (but more shimmery) lift. Every time I see myself in the mirror I am immediately drawn to my eyes. The colour is subtle enough to go with any of the other makeup I wear that day (pink blush or coral blush, red lips, anything!).

This is DEFINITELY my holy grail. I've used it for 2 weeks now and I have barely made a dent in the product, so it's going to last me quite some time!

The only negative I can think of has nothing to do with the product itself. The jar is a little small and I'm worried that when I (finally) get to the bottom, it will be hard to if I use my fingers (which is my preferred method of application). But this is not enough of a problem for me to take away any lippies. Five it is!! I will repurchase this and definitely try new colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by michelleb1911

I adore this eye shadow. I got it in the white. It is perfect for adding a bit of highlight over any other eye shadow, or I use it alone on the days when I want a no-makeup look and bright fresh awake eyes. I apply it with my finger just to the lid and into the corner of my eyes. It never creases and lasts all day, and all night too. I have fallen asleep with it on, and it still looks just as good in the morning.
I consider the price to be dirt cheap as I think this will last at least a year or more. I have been using it every day for the last 2 months and haven't made a dent at all.
Edit. I have 4 of these eyeshadows now. I've been using them for more than 2 years and still love them. They are great on their own or layered with other shadows. Very versatile and incredible value for money - I think one pot will last me over 3 years when wearing it 3 or 4 days a week. Glistening Sand is my favourite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am super picky about cream products for my eyes. Due to sensitive skin I break out easily to certain cream products on my eyelids and I also wear contacts. That said, Shiseido Hydro-Powder eye shadows are the best!! They dont migrate into my eyes, they dont irritate my eyelids and best of all, they are perfect as primers. I've always had problems with eyeliner smudging no matter which brand I used. Now when I apply my eyeliner over Hydro-Powder, the eye liner stays put until I remove my makeup. I have Lemon Sugar and it seems like a good brightening color for my eyes. It is 23 dollars but will probably last a long time and is totally worth every penny.

Update 5/24/09: I purchased another- Glistening Sand and it is a great shade. It looks natural yet shimmery upclose. I love it and still use it as a primer as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pinkertoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS THE BEST!!! I've bought this eye shadow for years, and to this day, it is the best eye shadow I have ever used. The gold and copper shimmery color's really make my blue eye's stand out! It's easy to use and last's ALL DAY! I would defintitely recommend this product to anyone :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 5:53:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well this product rocks!
I badly wanted to try these creamy shadows after reading the rave reviews here... Although I am not a fan of cream e/s.
First of all, when you apply you get this wet/fresh sensation that it utmost pleasant.
Second, it blends PERFECTLY.
Third, it is buildable. You can use a little for an understated looks or more for a more vibrant looks.
Fourth: lasts all day without creasing.
I have the Lagoon H10 shade.
I have aqua blue eyes and generally wearing an e/s of the same shade of your eyes does not flatter them.
In this case, believe it or not, Hydro-power is enhancing my iris!
It is so luminous, so bright, it opens uo the eye (also a dark eyeliner and a good mascara are good partners!!).
I am sold... and I will purchase more shades.
The only little downside : the packaging...it is not easy to go into the tiny little pot and pick the colour , you must use a brush (but a hard one, as a soft one will not do).
A must have, in any case!