July 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't love this product, but it has grown on me. I took off a lippie because for me it isn't that versatile, but I still wear it every day. I like a dramatic eye, and this isn't dark enough for me to line my inner rims with. Its barely noticeable, on me at least. For that I use Chanel espresso. But what I do with powersurge is, I line my top lid, close to the lashes. It's a soft pencil and makes a nice soft line that smudges beautifully. The color is very pretty and really catches the light and flatters my dark brown eyes. With this, I don't wear shadow. I don't think I need it because this gives a nice hint of a pretty shade. It's a great day look. And if you like subtle coloring on your eyes, this alone might be enough for you. I don't really have a problem with my makeup running, but I would imagine that this doesn't have the best staying power for those who do have that issue. Because even on me it smudges. I like smudgy looks though, and it doesn't smudge off just sort of creates a pretty wash of color. A good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second powersurge since it used to be my HG eye khol, and I don't think I am buying a new one before all my other liners are over. However, it is a very nice golden pencil. I used to wear it (this one or Forever Green by Mac) without eyeshadow, just mascara,for a simple everyday look about 7 years ago. If you like colourful eye pencils you should try this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

powersurge is a cool, olive gold colour. very pretty.
i don't feel like this makes my brown eyes glow like Urban Decay's 247 pencil in 'Baked' does, because the gold is very cool and sort of rusty. it's a really interesting 'can't place your finger on it' kind of colour, but i feel like online swatches of this (especially with camera flash) make this appear a lot brighter and golder than it is, it is a little dusky in person.
on its own, sad to say that this pencil does close to nothing for my fair mediterranean skintone. when i apply it, it does not define at all. it may be because i might be a little tanned at the moment. but i am not bothered by this, as i bought it for a different purpose - gel liners.
yes, gel liners. mainly 'Dipdown'. i layer this on top of 'Dipdown' and turn the matte flat brown into this gorgeous golden, olive, coffee shimmer. i still get a lot of definition, but with the beautiful sheen of 'Powersurge'. this would also look great on top of 'Blacktrack' and many others.
i would buy again for this purpose.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by wincystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this pencil, i have always worn and sworn by my mac powerpoint... but would like something thats softer and creamier and i landed onto powersurge, which is a colour that is hard to describe, it has gold, olive and brown blended into the most subtle and perfect metalic hue.... i use it mainly for my lower lashline and it gives the perfect smoky eyes that's suitable for day time, just make sure u use a 219 to smudge and set some power shadow on it!! i got it with my pro card discount and i would get another one when im about to run out! very promising and easy to use!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful coloured pencil. I don't enjoy sharpening, and I think $20 is a lot to spend on eye liner, but this colour is gorgeous and I will purchase it again. I love how it looks on my waterline and I also use it to blend out liners on my top lid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon this by searching in the Top Picks category of MUA. I needed something subtle for the daytime. Black or even dark brown is too harsh in full sunlight on my light tanned skin, platinum blonde hair, blue eyed look.

I bought this at the MAC store a few days ago and I'm in love! The color is similar to Teddy, but less reddish if that makes sense. It makes my eyes look HUGE and bright. Applied with eyeshadow primer this eyeliner lasts all day with no retouching. I'm really happy I found this eyeliner! It's a fuss free find. I think this would even be lovely with a brown/bronze smokey eye as well.

The eyeliner is the perfect consistency! It's soft and doesn't pull at my skin, but it isn't too soft where it crumbles and breaks.

Highly recommended - I think it is a fantastic find for lighter skin tones!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by katiadower

Prettiest bronze/brown/gold eyeliner EVER made. I met a Hollywood makeup artist at an event a few years back and she asked what I was wearing on my eyes. Three other people asked what eyeliner I had on recently. I will cry buckets of tears if it ever gets discontinued. (Mary Kay used to make a similar color but they don't anymore) You too will feel like a movie star when you wear it! I would say it compliments any eye color and the pencil lasts forever making it a great value....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

EDIT: DUPE ALERT!!! NYX Golden Dune eyeshadow is almost identical to this! Golden Dune is a smidge warmer and not as gold but it is very close.

I got this based on the MUA reviews. I originally got MAC Teddy, but the staying power sucked and I found a dupe for $0.99 at Ulta (Essence Teddy e/l). I put on Powersurge (an antique gold) and went "WOW". Yes, it is subtle, but it gives brown eyes such a pretty glow. This makes my dark brown eyes a bit lighter and glowy, instead of making them look richer like a dark brown e/l does. Since the color is light, it's hard to over do it. Sometimes I wear it all around my eyes and inner lower rim and sometimes I smudge it on my eyelid so it looks like eyeshadow (I don't wear any other eye makeup except black mascara). It really does brighten and open up the eyes and gives a sexy bedroom eyes look, LOL. I'm still getting used to this look since I've been wearing brown/black eyeliner for years, but I like this light eye look more and more everyday!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by nickilalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really lovely eye pencil, I have grey blue eyes and I use this kohl on a daily basis. I find it brings out the colour, and you can either use a small amount or you can layer it up and make quite an impressive deep bronze colour. I love it! I only wish Mac wouldn't charge so much for a pencil....
Pros: Easy to layer, easy to use, unusual colour.
Cons: Pricey!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually go for black/navy blue coloured kohls (because of my blue eyes) but I thought I'd try this rather beige brown kohl, especially as Samantha Chapman (pixiwoo) uses it a lot in her youtube videos, just to see if i was missing out on anything. Powersurge makes my eyes look bigger and rounder, especially compared to MACs Smolder (black kohl), but also a lot less defined. I'd say Powersurge is more for someone who wants a non-dramatic and almost 'barely there' colour on their waterline to define the eye. I personally still much prefer the high pigment, definition and intense blackness of Smolder.