September 1, 2014 | 2012 users online

Lip Treatments - Aveeno - Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like Aveeno products but this one totally failed me. It has a slightly minty smell and tingles the lips a bit. It only further dried out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by blessallchildren

The corners of my mouth crack badly and are hard to heal due to the medication I take. I bought this to see if it would make a difference when nothing else did. In one evening, I noticed a remarkable difference. It is an extremely expensive product in a clumsy tube (I think it is made that way on purpose so you buy more of the product even though there is still some of the gel remaining in the tube but not removable). Its either this or take a longer time healing using triple antibiotic cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees was my favourite chapstick before I found this Aveeno one. When my lips are dry and burning I just apply and they instantly feel soothed. I also like that it is much less waxy than Burt's and is not overpowered by mint.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:20:00 AM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite chapstick. It is the BEST!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, YES finally this is IT!!! I have tried just about every lip balm, stick, soother, chap reliever, healer, etc. etc. from Sisley for $62, Fresh Sugar Lip for $23, Murad for $13...all the way down to chapstick for .79 cents. None of them really made my lips happy....until now. This AVEENO Intense Relief (the one in the pot, not the tube) really works...it feels great, stays on overnight and really hydrates and soothes dry, chapped lips....EXCELLENT discovery for about $3.30 which I found out about by reading MUA reviews.....thank you all....my lips are healed, not sealed on this affordable and effective product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

This is the best lip balm, imo. The menthol feels good on my dry lips and the vanilla-ish flavour masks it, unlike Carmex or Blistex.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by UNIQUEFASHIONISTA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I WAS A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER OF PLAIN OLD CHERRY FLAVORED CHAPSTICK...THAT IS UNTIL I FOUND THIS PRODUCT...I HAVE FULL LIPS THAT GET EASILY CHAPPED IF I GO A WHOLE DAY WITHOUT APPLYING SOME TYPE OF LIP PRODUCT...SO ONE DAY...I WENT TO WORK AND CRIED BECAUSE I HAD NO LIP GLOSS OR CHAPSTICK IN MY BAG...MY LIPS GOT REALLY BAD AND DRY...SO I WENT TO MY LOCAL DRUG STORE AND I KNEW THAT CHAPSTICK WAS NOT GONNA FIX MY ISSUE OVER NIGHT...I SAW THE AVEENO ONE AND DECIDED TO TRY IT...I DID..I PUT IT ON BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP...AND BY THE NEXT NIGHT...MY LIPS WERE BACK TO NORMAL...SORRY CHAPSTICK...BUT I AM MOVING ON TO BETTER...IT DOES HAVE ONE LITTLE FLAW WHICH I OVER LOOK...IF U KEEP IT IN YOUR POCKET OR AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR BAG...IT CAN EASILY MELT...BUT THAT STILL DOESNT STOP ME FROM GIVING IT A 5 ALL THE WAY....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lovemedina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It feels good, smells good and looks good. It is very glossy. I use it alone or over lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by bsteves06

I really like this stuff. I put in on before I go to sleep and have noticibly softer lips in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Daizie351

Amazing! This stuff is like magic for my lips! I am definitely a chapstick/pot junkie! I'm always looking for really good lip products. Nothing compares to this stuff. I put it on at night before bed and in the morning after brushing my teeth. (Since it's in a pot, I don't like carrying it around with me and sticking my dirty fingers in it... I use Burt's Bees throughout the day.) Every morning, when I wake up, my lips are SO soft and smooth... I love this stuff! Yeah, the menthol smell isn't all that great, but it seriously goes away in like 5 seconds. I personally love the tingling sensation. Have purchased over and over and will continue to repurchase!