August 20, 2014 | 1830 users online

Bronzers - L'Oreal - HIP Vibrant Shimmer Bronzing Powder Blessed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The powder is finely milled and the shimmer is enough to lend a warm glow---not gliterry or showy. It's worth the price at $12.99 at CVS and it's a lot of product. The light caramel color matches my skin perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color. I am a light olive LOLA and this shade complimented my beach tan. Slightly shimmery in the pot but does not show up once applied. Awesome staying power but use a light touch to apply. Will purchase. Great Buy One Get One Free deal at CVS.

EDIT 10/24/08: I've decided that this is way too shimmery for me so I won't be repurchasing. Took off one lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by nd1282

Overall, very nice. I am a CCC so I use this for light coverage on my face in lieu of powder + highlighter . It's finely milled and not at all chalky. A bit pricey for a drugstore product, but a little goes a long way. Includes a mirror and a (gasp!) useful brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Wonderful Bronzer! I am a light caramel complected black/mixed woman and this looks BEAUTIFUL on me, blends well, and looks really nice concentrated on my cheekbones! BUY THIS! It is likely the best thing in the line other than the creme blushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

i was trying to look for a cheaper version of nars laguna, and after reading the reviews here on mua, i decided to go snatch up this bronzer, which was a VERY good idea! i love this, i am a nc 35 mac and 122 n in cliniques perf real powder. this makes me look perfectly sunkissed, its not too brown and matte ( like hoola, even tho i kinda like hoola) and not too orange and shiny (like UD's baked) blessed does have some shimmer, but you cant really tell unless u look very upclose. this is kind of expensive for a drugstore product ($12), but its well worth it. i love the healthy glow this bronzer gives. a major HG!! i hope it does not get discontinued!!!! (knock on wood!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 10:27:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Hm, I'm still kinda clumsy with bronzers (I'm really more of a SPF55 kinda girl at heart) but this is pretty impressive. It's a light, golden-brown/caramel color, not orangey in the least, and looks pretty natural on LLL/yellow-toned me. I think I'd like it even better if it didn't have the gold shimmer (though it is very fine and this bronzer probably wouldn't be as 'glowy' without it). The product is a bit powdery but nothing problematic. I had some problems blending this because it's quite (duh) pigmented, but that could be more about my technique than anything else. This comes in a round compact with a separate compartment for the brush and mirror. The brush is surprisingly good--soft and unprickly--though it's way too small and the bristles are weirdly angled. The mirror's fine but I personally think bronzer is best applied in front of the biggest mirror you can find. This bronzer is a bit pricey at the drugstore level, around 12 USD, but is reasonable when compared to 'high end' lines. Overall I do like it, though. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! Very impressed w/ this bronzer. I am strictly a NARS Laguna gal, but this is awesome. The shimmer doesn't really show up and it doesn't go on orange or muddy. L'Oreal really needs to make the HIP line permanent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

my, my, my-$11.99 seems *so* outrageous for a drugstore product, but i must say this bronzer is worth it! its part of the HiP line which stands for High Intensity Pigments-SO true! you just need a light dusting with a brush to pick up a great amount of color! brushes on smooth, not orange or muddy.

blessed is a very light caramel brown with a lot of golden shimmer...however, there isnt a *ton* of shimmer on application-just enough to lend a shimmery glow.

very impressed continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

This bronzer is almost a deadringer for NARS Laguna at the drustore level. It's gorgeous! It's a fabulous light to medium golden brown shimmery bronzer that doesn't go on orange. The shimmer is actually shimmer, and the color looks uniquely natural on my nc42 coloring. It's was S11.99 at Target, a little expensive for a drugstore product, but I highly recommend it. This is the lighter color of two bronzers in the HIP line, and I much prefer this one because the other one was too dark and orangy on me. Blessed is more golden brown based so it's blends really nicely into my skintone and looks more natural. Very impressed.