November 28, 2014 | 1439 users online

Mascara - MISSHA - Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet, I love it! I will never buy another tube of overpriced Shiseido mascara base. This stuff works better than Shiseido: it adds a subtle amount of extra volume and holds the curl beautifully! I use this right after using the Shu curler and then apply mascara right away without letting it dry. This works so well, and it washes off cleanly with just face cleanser. I got these (yes I bought a few) on sale too so they were really cheap! This is my favorite primer and I will never stray unless some amazing new one comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by exoticarab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading all these great reviews- I decided to try this for myself, and I have to say: I LOVE IT!!! I am a mascara junkie and have tried a good deal of primers but gave up on them because I decided that primers really dont do anything for you- but after I tried this- I now refuse to wear mascara without applying this primer first. This makes your lashes thicker and longer and I also love how it holds curl. This is just fabulous baby ; )

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by fragileeden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this base. I use MaxFactor's Lash Perfection/Volume Couture in waterproof. It gave me really dark and thick lashes but it also clumps fast and weighs down a curl. I saw the great reviews on here and picked it up when I was in Hong Kong (I actually think it was more expensive there). I love it! The packaging is really cute. I know people complain that primers dry slow and take up too much time but Missha's base dries relatively fast is goes on lightweight. It holds a curl pretty well and once black mascara goes on, the effect is great. It makes my lashes fuller and more defined/separated. The mascara goes on much smoother too. Great product, will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Gemr

I'm asian so i really lack eyelashes.
This product is something i swear by.
It makes my eyelashes somewhat visible.
It thickens and lengthens by a significant amount.
Its the only clump freee primer i have ever found.
Works best under my maybelline full and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by palmst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would give this a go when I read all the positive reviews. I am pretty impressed with the way it lengthens & thickens your lashes. I curled my lashes first then applied it. It seems to kill the curl but I fixed this easily with a heated eyelash curler afterwards. Is it the best mascara base? I don't know as this is the first time I have used a base. Its cheap so you really can't go wrong with this.

Edit 8/3/08 - I've worked out that it is better not to be too heavy handed with this, then the curl is less likely to drop. What works best for me is curl lashes with Shiseido curler, apply the base lightly, dab the wand at the lash tips, then comb through with the ILashcomb, curl again with Shiseido curler, then apply mascara. The curl seems OK if I do it this way

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by superha74

I've tried every product under the sun to make my short, straight, chinese lashes visible to the naked eye...high end, low end, lash primers, mascara bases, mascara with fibers, fast lash fibers, I mean EVERYTHING! I was already a fan of this store when it open up on Fifth Avenue 3 years ago so after reading the reviews on this product, I picked it up with their amazing paper face masks(DEFINITELY TRY THESE>>>AMAZING RESULTS FOR $2.99). May I say...WOW!!!! I've tried it with both my Clinique High Definition Mascara and my Lancome Fatale Mascara(my personal fave) and the results are truly mindblowing. I went back and bought 3 more tubes(they were 50% off so why not?) so I will never be without it. My lashes even feel softer!!! What more can you ask for? Definitely my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mycuriosity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They just opened a MISSHA store at my mall, and since ive heard a lot of great reviews on this, i tried it out. First of all, i got it for 4 dollars, since it was a everything 50% off sale which was a huge plus.
When I tried it, it definitely separates, doesnt leave it looking hard, it volumizes and lengthens. It doesnt really do much for the curl. It completely killed it. Maybe its a combination with the mascara im using. I'll try it out with another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by zilfbambi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is to die for. I swear i have the straight-EST lashes ever and this mascara did all the curling for me. It's almost like hot rollers for lashes. It's dead cheap too. This should be a cult object. Anything that works on my lashes should be crowned the best, because all mascara smudge on me due to my oily lids, and i also have mascara unfriendly asian eyes and lashes. It's really straight, short, and stubborn. Therefore, this is the queen of all mascara base. I've tried it with Maybelline Unstoppable, Clinique High Impact, Diorshow, and it all works great. Missha mascara base makes my lashes curl, long, full, it didn't clump and never smudged when i put mascara (however, it gets a little hard to manage if you OD on this). So girls, get this gem of a mascara base, and do not overload your lashes with it, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

I was iffy after I first applied it but with the help of a lash curler before hand and superblack mascara afterwards, I noticed the diffference it had on my lash look..it made them stand out and look super dramatic, I love it! You can't beat the price (around $8 but of course Missha always has sales so I only got it for half the price).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

I think any mascara base will work better with certain mascaras and not so well with others so I won't take lippies off for this. This is an unbelievable price for a wonderful base that works well with asian lashes (perhaps its because it's an asian company) but it provides shape, volume, and length plus helps hold a curl even with those pesty mascara formulas that tend to uncurl-curled lashes. Under $10 with an easy to use brush/spoolie and a lot of product! will definitely repurchase as long as the store/company is around :)