MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 11/28/2014 5:08:00 AM

I really like this lipstick and it comes up quite brown on my pale Irish skin. It works well with hover, whirl, subculture or soar liners (it looks quite nice with stripdown and stone for a more greyish mauve look). I don't find it that drying but then again when I wear any lipstick I always exfoliate my lips and put on a balm or moisturiser pre-liner application. Wouldn't hesitate to buy this again.

on 11/25/2014 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to love this lipstick...I really did. Nice neutral color, however...this finish dried out my lips horribly. Even with lip balm applied first. Back to the MAC counter it went... : (

on 11/23/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful color when transitioning into Fall season. It's a brown-nude color with a semi-matte finish: satin as MAC categorizes it. Wonderful neutral color. I use it on days that I'm not rocking a vampy fall lippie or a bright red. As other MAC satin lippies, great wear with lipliner base. Smooth application. I find it dries my lips out a tad, nothing a little balm can't fix overnight. This is a staple lippie in my makeup bag.

on 10/24/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've had a few MAC lipsticks before in the past but the issue I have always had is that so many colors don't suit my skin tone and they end up washing me out, I'm an NW40 with yellow undertones and black hair. I was referred to this color by a girl at MAC and oh my goodness! It is the perfect shade for me! I would describe it as a mauvey brown shade. When you look at it at first it almost looks like a reddish brown but once you swatch it is definitely a mauve shade. It's perfect for my skin color, if anything I feel like this shade enhances my features and almost makes me glow? I can't describe it. Every time I wear it I get compliments. Its a satin finish which is kind of like a matte finish but a little bit creamier with a little bit of glossiness. It's not drying whatsoever, and the staying power is fantastic, I went through a 6 hr work shift and when I got home it was still there. The smell of MAC lipsticks is like no other, smells like vanilla and not overpowering. Pigmentation is great and it glides on the lips so effortlessly. MAC lipsticks here are 16 dollars which is more than I have paid for any lipstick however I definitely feel the quality is above and beyond most of my drugstore lipsticks. Twig is my new favorite lipstick, I've been wearing it for weeks straight since I have bought it.

on 10/10/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this lipstick is way too mature looking for a 20-year-old but ever since Kylie Jenner made mauve lips popular, I love it. It's not quite a mauve or dark as Kylie's since it's a bit more pinky but it's really neutral and natural looking. I love pairing this with Mac's prism blush for a neutral pink look that's sophisticated yet still girly. I definitely recommend this for everyone since it will look different on different skin tones.

on 10/10/2014 2:55:00 PM

WHERE has this been all my life?! I acquired Twig in my very first Back 2 MAC (it was a glorious day) and as I made my selection, the sales associate was all like "And now you'll be a Twig devotee 4 Lyfe." And in my head I was all "It's alright...but it's no Flat Out Fabulous." But, damn. Brownish rose in an extremely flattering way, satin matte, wears like IRON (iron!) without getting gross on your lips throughout the day. It's not too drying and just dark enough to look edgy without being too much look. I'm kind of in love. With a lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

One of my go to neutral lipsticks. Great pigmentation. Love the satin finish, looks and wears like a matte but a lot more comfortable on the lips!

on 8/17/2014 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think any lipstick is dated except for frosty light pink. That looks bad on most people, but Twig looks good on everyone (even if they're scared of the color). It's often overlooked for the insanely bright neons that MAC offers, but I'm just not into those at the moment. This is a "pulled together" color where you get maximum payoff for minimal effort.

on 7/6/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Even though this colour works lovely for olive skin tones, I actually love it on my fair skin as well. I would describe it as a muted browny purple sort of colour and I love it! It is very pigmented and not sheer at all so I would beware if you don't like bold colours but it's only of my favourite lipsticks in my collection. It is also I good alternative for me being fair to an autumn lip colour as it offers that sort of purple colour without being TOO dark and in your face.

on 6/19/2014 3:22:00 PM

I find this lipstick to be nice for work. It has enough red to bring some color to my face but is toned down by the brown undertones in it. It adds some contrast to my fair skin and the result is pretty but not distracting.

Recommended for Medium Skin