MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 8/17/2014 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think any lipstick is dated except for frosty light pink. That looks bad on most people, but Twig looks good on everyone (even if they're scared of the color). It's often overlooked for the insanely bright neons that MAC offers, but I'm just not into those at the moment. This is a "pulled together" color where you get maximum payoff for minimal effort.

on 7/6/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Even though this colour works lovely for olive skin tones, I actually love it on my fair skin as well. I would describe it as a muted browny purple sort of colour and I love it! It is very pigmented and not sheer at all so I would beware if you don't like bold colours but it's only of my favourite lipsticks in my collection. It is also I good alternative for me being fair to an autumn lip colour as it offers that sort of purple colour without being TOO dark and in your face.

on 6/19/2014 3:22:00 PM

I find this lipstick to be nice for work. It has enough red to bring some color to my face but is toned down by the brown undertones in it. It adds some contrast to my fair skin and the result is pretty but not distracting.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick! It isn't drying (and i have VERY dry lips) and it's so versatile. On it's own it's a beige-mauve that becomes more plum-toned as i apply more. As others have said, it really has a brightening effect on the face. If i want to make it more office-neutral i just put on my NYX lip pencil in Pink Nude underneath and apply a thin layer of Twig on top. If i want a more intense fall look I'll apply a brown or mauve pencil underneath.

on 6/4/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best "your lips but better" lipstick I wear it everyday nice nude mauve color! Great on yellow complexions!

on 3/5/2014 12:23:00 AM

I absolutely love this colour!! It adds something to your face without looking like you are trying too hard. I can wear it to work without looking too done up yet presentable. You definitely have to have moisturized lips but the colour works because its matte and not shiny. I recommend this lipstick if you like a matte and natural look.

on 3/1/2014 9:30:00 PM

One of my all time favorite shades. This beautiful brownish-nude pink would look flattering on almost any skin tone and is totally appropriate for day or night. Adds a bit of color to the lips without being too overpowering. Like most MAC lipsticks, the staying power on this is fantastic. Just buy it already!

on 1/22/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color. My go-to color for work. Very flatering. A staple, will repurchase when I will finish it!

on 1/3/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went to get my free back2mac, and asked the sales associate what a good everyday lipstick would be. He told me Twig, and I thought it looked ok at the store (I hate those pesky, bright department store lights). If I could take it back I would. On my really pigmented lips it pulls more brown than I would like. I make it work by pairing it with a really pink lip liner to make it rosier. I think if I didn't do that it would be a really dated color, and make me look older. I only wear it to work, or somewhere it's not appropriate to wear my fun, bright colored lipsticks. Unfortunately, I wouldn't get Twig again, or recommend you buy this shade of lipstick unless you are looking for a sophisticated lipstick. I'm just glad I didn't pay money for it.

on 10/20/2013 10:56:00 AM

I bought Twig to use when I don't feel like wearing anything and I really like it!, its perfect for when I have to go somewhere where I don't want to look overdress.

Twig is the little black dress in my closet and even though is not a very dramatic shade I think is a very useful one and it has become a must have for me.

Popular Lipsticks