November 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Diaper Ointment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is nice for rashes, etc. I use it sometimes on my eczema and it's really soothing. However, I cannot use this on my face.. it's way too heavy to use on my face and would just end up giving me pores and milia if used near my eyes. If I ever have a kid, this product would be really good for his/her diaper rash.. Well, that's what it's made for isn't it? ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jh87

I was a bit skeptical about putting this thick goop all over my face, especially after reading the ingredients - beeswax and oils! But I was desperate because I was getting these huge pimples all of a sudden, so I looked up every single ingredient on the internet. None of the ingredients will clog your pores; in fact, the oils will either help kill off bacteria or soothe your skin. I finally tried it last night before bed, and when I got up, pimples were significantly reduced, less painful, and less red. My skin didn't flake either, which is what happens with other harsher chemicals like BP and SA (and they also make pimples redder).
I also followed the advice of using this as eye cream, and IT WORKS. I'm studying for finals now, but my eyes look brighter and more awake. Darkness and puffiness have both been reduced.
I can't be too sure yet, but my nose does seem to have fewer blackheads too.
The miracle ingredients seem to be zinc oxide, jojoba oil, and vitamin A, in particular, for pimples. The other ingredients help soothe and soften without clogging pores. I read that people even use jojoba oil as a moisturizer and treatment against acne.
The product is very thick and white, but it works too well otherwise that I'll still give it 5 stars.
The diaper ointment is slightly different from the herbal defense ointment (ordering of ingredients = different amounts), but I think either will work wonders.
TRY IT, you will be amazed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ParisTroika

This makes an awesome eye cream. No joke!!! I'm in the middle of final exams for my graduate degree and the stress is really showing. I put this on before bed and in the morning I look like I've had a great sleep...even if I didn't. I'm moisturized and de-stressed. No puffiness. And it doesn't break me out (look at manslayerliz' review below...you can even use it ON blemishes!).
I chose this diaper cream for an eye cream because it doesn't have the chemicals regular diaper cream has. This is one of those multi-purpose products that I won't be without. And once I have a baby, I'll use it for it's intended purpose ;o). For the way I use it...this is the cheapest eye cream out there!!! Though I'd only use it at night...not under makeup during the day. It IS a diaper cream after all...it's meant to be thick. It does soak in overnight though. No whiteness in the morning...just well-rested, unpuffy, bright eyes!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

Wow, the MUA girls weren't kidding, this stuff does it all! It's great for redness, rashes, irritation, and blemishes, and it's sooo soothing! Also, the lavender-chamomile scent is a really nice bonus. Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by googerstu

This stuff is odd, but awesome. I use it to spot-treat blemishes and I also use it as a sunscreen. Sometimes I use it as a mask. I don't know what other uses there are for it (not currently experiencing diaper problems). It seems to help blemishes heal faster, and it tones down irritation on my skin. I'm glad they came out with a plastic tube...I'm trying to get through this horrible metal one so I can buy the plastic one.
Overall, this is a great value, and it serves many purposes for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2005 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great cream for acne! it's the same as the Dr Burts Herbal Defense Ointment, just a smaller tube. Ok, this is the thing I rave about on the skincare board. It is the only product that has made my skin clear after 11 years of moderate acne, and it is non-irritating. It is a nasty, thick white paste which I slather all over my face everynight, but it gets rid of cysts, blackheads, everything, and if I use it everynight I have no acne to get rid of!!! This is a totally awesome product for someone who doesn't tolerate BP or strong acids, and while SA is tolerable, it isn't perfect and contributes to oil. However, I am less oily using this nightly. In the morning, I apply a coat of baby oil to my face, massage, then wipe it all off with a tissue (no this will NOT clog your pores, don't worry). After, I just wash w my normal cleanser and I'm ready to go w radiant and clear skin! Totally my HG product. It's also called the Dr Burt's Herbal Rescue Ointment so I'll add that too. Here are the ingredients: Zinc oxide, sweet almond oil, beeswax, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), jojoba oil, lavandin oil, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), extracts of rosemary, lavender, calendula, chamomile, rosebuds & comfrey root. It sells for about $8 for 3.5 ounces, and it can be found at healthfood stores, some groceries and some beauty stores like beauty first. Please try this if you have sensitive skin and zits!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No