October 24, 2014 | 1629 users online

Powders - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Dusting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by LuckE3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like to use baby powder on my feet during the day to keep them smelling nice and not get too sweaty. Yuck, I know. Any-hoo, this stuff smells really nice and the cute little bottle it comes in looks good sitting out. It does have a grainy texture, so I knocked a star off for that. Also, when you look at the ingredients, aside from being talc-free, 'fragrance' is listed. I don't think a truly natural product should need any fragrance added. Now, I'm not a baby, I'm not going to use this on a baby (just me, and I am kind of a big baby now that I think about it) but I would opt for something without any fragrance added if I was.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by purplegirlie

I absolutely adore the smell of all the Baby Bee products, and this one is no exception. As for the texture of the powder: it's a little grainy. Not the smoothest stuff in the world. For that reason, I don't like putting it on my body. BUT BUT BUT, it makes a great (and a cheap) hair powder. Soaks the oil right up! For that reason, I'll always keep a cute little container of this one on my vanity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this for myself. This is my first pregnancy, and no one ever told me you sweat this much!!! LOL. This powder is not as silky in texture as others (it's a bit chalky), but I find it to be somewhat more effective in minimizing sweat and moisture. It has a pleasant light fragrance and comes in a good size container. I expect I will use this on my son (when he gets here!!!) and will continue to use it on myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this powder. I don't use powder on my son, but I love it for myself, and this stuff is perfect. It smells so great-clean and sweet and expensive :) I'm also pregnant, and swear all the time, so I love this for under my boobs, on my belly, etc. I know others have problems with the texure, but I don't have any skin irritation from using it. It's simply a great, clean, talc-free powder. Really, it's a great price for what you're getting.

Get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is absolutely wonderful! this powder smells so good and it feels so good and the package lasts me a long, long time... which is amazing because i use it after every bath and i actually found that if i put this under my arms it works like deodorant. what's not to like? i will definitely buy this forever - have bought it many times already...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I LOVE the fact that this is talc-free. It keeps me dry and smelling wonderful when I dust it under my clothes. I love using it after the bath before bed. This a very gentle, powder that is a delight to use any time of day. I'm interested to see how it works as a face powder as some have suggested. And it's more natural than other powders. There have been several studies on possible health hazards (cancer even!) when using talc around girly parts...as this does not have talc in it, I'm completely comfortable is using it to keep me dry in all areas :) Very recommended...I'm not normally a powder fan, but this has me hooked!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2007 9:31:00 AM More reviews by utmostrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ingredients: corn starch, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), kaolin (french pink clay), bentonite (natural clay), powdered rosebuds, powdered myrrh, powdered slippery elm bark, fragrance.

I received a travel size of this powder in a very large makeup swap a month or two ago along with some other Burt's items. I've been using Burt's Bees for some years now, and have consistently had good results from them. Their products have always been better than or equal to the product they are emulating, and so, while I was curious to find out what the difference would be between this powder and regular baby powder, I was in no rush because, well, I was pretty certain the result would be a positive one.

I've recently become a waxer. I wax my legs, I wax my my arms, I wax my trunk, my eyebrows, the other areas around my face, my bikini line, even my armpits. Its a guilty pleasure that is only made painless by lots and lots of baby powder. Lots of baby powder on my skin before waxing usually means lots of powder everywhere else and not in the bottle, and so, the desire to find a really good powder was not neccesarily absent from my list. But would it be possible?

One day before starting in upon my hair removal, I actually remembered to use this powder instead of my generic brand, and was pleasantly surprised to find that not only was it a pretty pink color, but it also did a fine job of staying in my hand, defying gravity for the split second before being rubbed into my leg. Regular powder just goes all over the place. The little bit that did fall in the sink, when wet, did not change to a weird green color like the white baby powder I usually use does. I don't know why my usual brand does, and this does not, but I do like that this product stays the color it begins as. I must attiribute this to the clay.

However, I did find the powder to be a tad irritating and harsh, in fact, too harsh to even use the whole time because I didn't want to make my skin too sensitive from the waxing. I attribute this to the clay as well.

Clay, apparently, has excellent holding qualities, which is why it is ideal for products which go on your face. However, most of these products are for exfoliation as well, and unless you, or baby, have a problem with acne, I don't foresee use of this powder as better than the softer talc version. But if you're allergic to talc, than clay on!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

I think they must have reformulated this, because I don't find it scratchy at all---- I actually think it's the silkiest powder I've ever used! And it smells soooooo good--- like honey, apricots, and baby powder. Now that the weather is warming up this stuff is a must for me to dust on underneath my clothes. It keeps me cool, dry, and sweet-smelling all day. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG powder. I've used all types of powders. I've been using Burts Bee Powder for the last 3 years. Here in the south it is so humid. This product does feel a little "scratchy" as mentioned in another review, but quickly rubs softly into your skin. I find that it is more absorbent than most powders and with daily use helps with the humidity and sweat factor. Nice fragrance, herbs and powder. Will continue to use as long as Burts makes it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 4:49:00 AM More reviews by lovefragrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has that lovely apricot scent (that I wish Burt's Bees would make into a perfume!) (the solid scent isn't strong enough).... But this powder is just okay. It scratches my skin a little (nice that its talc free butt....) it is scratchy from the baking soda. Don't recommend