NARS Madly

4.3

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake) CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake) CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake) CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide) CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) CI 75470 (Carmine) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all-time holy grail blush. I love this type of blush color--my other favorite blushes are all similar: peachy/pink, with a hint of subtle tan. VERY natural looking.

what I like about this blush is that
#1 it is very soft and smooth when applied, it never looks powdery, it blends beautifully.
-#2 it looks like your skin, but better: there is shimmer in the pan but on the cheeks it doesn't appear
-#3 it lasts the longest of any of my other blushes!!

I have light-medium skin tone, with warm undertones. I am nc 25-35 depending on the season, and i wear this blush all year round. Since buying it, i have almost used it up in the past 8 months, and that says a lot because i do use it all over my face: as a blush on cheeks, and to give a subtle look instead of bronzer around my hairline and jaw.

other blushes that are similar are benefit dallas (slightly more plummy), mac warm soul (more shimmer), laura gellar mauve mocha latte (more hard texture), lorac soul (my previous all time favorite but doesn't last)

on 6/19/2013 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS GORGEOUS..beautiful and understated! I am a big fan of Nar's Orgasm and Super Orgasm as it gives me a nice color with subtle shimmer, giving me a highlighted, lifted radiant look that is so fresh. I was wondering around the NARS counter when the sales suggested that the color madly would look great on me. I looked at the color and I saw an orange blush that looks blah. I like orange blushes, but I didn't really think about it since Madly was not as a popular product as Orgasm, or their other shades. The sales tried it on me and she was right it was simply gorgeous! I looked instantly polished, lifted and prettier without looking over the top. I have skin that is prone to redness and find that blushes with an orangey tone is really good to balance that out. The color Madly is actually a lot like Orgasm to me except madly is more orangey. It doesn't show up orange on the skin though, on my asian NC20 skin it showed up as a healthy radiant and a golden glow.

The only problem is that your skin has to be in decent condition to wear this blush as it does have fine shimmers in it. :) I HIGHLY recommend this blush, and I'm not sure why it's not as popular as the orgasm blush. Highly recommended for an all year around glow.

on 5/23/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have NW35 skin and this blush really gives me a nice warmth and sheen. When I swatched it at Sephora I didn't think it would really show up or do anything for me. But it really is beautiful and gives me a natural glow. I would reccommend this to someone who wants a subtle blush look. I like it!

on 4/16/2013 8:23:00 PM

I absolutely fell in love with this product when I first saw it at Sephora. The colour gives my fair, slightly olive undertone skin the most gorgeous, sun kissed glow. It's a very natural, brown toned blush which I like as it makes me look slightly tanned. The product is pigmented and so incredibly soft to the touch. Can't say enough good things about it! :)

on 4/15/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh how I love Madly. But, he doesn't love me. If your PPP cool toned like me, just say no. In order to successfully wear this you MUST have some baseline level of warmth in your complexion or else you will look sickly pallid. Like the perfect nude lipstick that may look fabulous on you but lousy on your BFF, Madly can be described as the perfect nude cheek, if there is such a thing. Madly reminds me of the lightest beachy peach pink that lines the inside of a conch shell. Just the thought of this color makes me envy all who can successfully wear this, which I cannot. I cannot attest to quality of pigment or wear time as this was removed quicker than application. So pretty, if you can pull it off.

on 4/15/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another NARS great.. soft pinky pearly but not shimmery.

I cannot see why the previous reviewer has consistently dissed my most Favorite NARS Blushes!

will buy again. definitely.

on 4/14/2013 10:30:00 AM

Perfect color bronzer+blush. This is a sheer blush, with a complex hint of pink and bronze. I use this for contouring and bronzing because the slight pink in it gives it some depth. Nars blushes last forever..I'm never without this and Nico. Two great things to have with you any skin color.

on 2/11/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a tough review for me to write. Usually when I'm on the fence about a blush it means it just doesn't work on me. I received this in a swap, and was really excited about it because I've started getting into nude/bronzey blushes. This is a rosey bronze color which reminds me of a more bronzey GA #10 and a more rosey Benefit Dallas (I own both). I also own Sue Devitt Koh Samui, which is much lighter and sheer than Madly. Madly has a sheen to it (not glitter), but the sheen is gorgeous and definitely adds to the "glow" factor that Madly gives. Now for the bad part: Unfortunately, on my NC20 skin this just does not work. Even if applied lightly it looks muddy, and like other Nars blushes it tends to fade patchily throughout the day leaving me with a patchy bronzey mess on my cheeks. I have combo skin so this may be a contributing factor. Worst of all, I have acne scarring on my cheeks which I have to cover with concealer. Madly makes my acne look 10x worse. The brick rose color combined with the shine just makes my acne stand out (and it's not even that bad!). I've had to stop wearing GA 10 because of this same reason. I also tried Madly as a bronzer, which looks ok, but I think Benefit Dallas works better as a bronzer. I'm disappointed because I've seen this look AMAZING on darker skin tones and it just didn't work on my pasty acne scarred cheeks : ( I will be keeping this though because I truly believe when I get a little tanner and when my acne scars lighten up madly will look divine. Until then, this will sit in the drawer unloved : ( I recommend trying this one on first it can be tricky.

on 1/20/2013 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this blush! Def HG status for me. It actually works as a bronzer/blush on my skin which I love! Gives me a nice healthy sunkissed glow. Reminds me a little of Mac Warm Soul blush.

on 12/28/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I wanted to like this so much. Lately, I've been into nude blushes. I swatched this in a Sephora and liked it. Unfortunately, at home the next day was a different story. This just looked muddy on me. Kind of like my cheeks were dirty. I'll have to take this back.

Top Rated NARS Products