Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil

4.1

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dicapryl Adipate, Fragrance, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, BHT, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil

on 3/16/2010 5:46:00 PM

I have used this along with my family as a bug and mosquito repellent, rather than using a chemical stinky Off or other product, and yes it WORKS!! So not only do we smell nice, we are moisturized and no itchy bites, I actually was standing at the bus stop last summer with this oil in, and watched as a mosquito was preparing to land on my arm, he landed then flew off as fast as he could! No bites! Just make sure to wear a sunscreen with this oul, as it will attract the sun with the sheen, it soaks in, so don't worry about being a greasy mess, wear your hair uo as you are applying it and at least until the oil dries so you don't end up with slicked ends.
I apply in the morning rifght out of shower on damp skin, that way it soaks in faster and locks in moisture for softer skin, also like that I'm not going to work stinking like bug spray! You can also add a cap full to your bath water, this can also be found in a spray mist bottle form, I simply buy the huge bath oil one, then just refill the spray bottle to use as a bug repellent. Trust me I live in mosquito ville and this works, keeps ticks away too, black flyes etc... I apply to my dog too, her coat is shiny and soft and it is safe - no chemicals!

on 3/13/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't even describe how disgusting this scent is to me. I'll run away screaming if it's anywhere near. No wonder it's used as a mosquito repellant. Vile.

on 1/24/2010 9:20:00 PM

I like this item for a variety of purposes. It is nice to put on while you are in the bath or shower, you can spray it on after the shower to lock in moisture, it has a nice, light scent, and it is known to repel mosquitoes.

The scent is light, but long-wearing. The texture, when applied or used is nice and not greasy...unless you slather it on.

on 9/29/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This has a very masculine deet spray smell to it but it works great after I shave my legs. It moisturizes well. There are 100 ways to use this bath oil, for full list: http://www.kitchencraftsnmore.net/skinsosoft.html. This should be every girl must have. My sister gave me this a full size bottle, I'm sure it will last me atleast 5 years.

on 9/1/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Someone sprayed this on me saying it would ward off the mosquitoes but they just kept biting. I liked the smellafter the 1st spray abd decided to buy it but after just hours of using it on my body the smell started to turn into this bug repellent stench. I stopped using it after that. It has this MAC Studiofix+ texture to it that I like. Other than that it's not something could stomach. To the back of the drawer it goes.

on 8/20/2009 3:58:00 PM

I like the smell. It's mild and powdery, a very clean smell IMO.

moisturizes better than lotion, and you dont have to rub ice cold cream on yourself right after getting out of a hot bath.

on 8/20/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree that the smell is awful but all you have to do is add some essential oil drops (quite a few) to make it smell great. I love jasmine!

on 7/13/2009 7:22:00 AM

Great for moisturizing, pleasant scent, and if you live in humid places or camp a lot, it's also a fantastic mosquito repellent!!!

on 7/13/2009 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Everytime I moved or lost a bottle, had to order another one. The smell is not fem. so as a guy, I can use it, and not smell like a girl. Just a small amout will do, I like the spary. Just remember that a dab will do. I also like the fact that I can be used for other things such as removing labels/sticker. Grew up in Alabama so as a kid - playing outside everyone of us kids were rubbed down by our mothers... LOL..

Price is ok. Packaging is good, Just remember to clean the tub after using in bath/shower combo... will make taking shower like ice skating.

on 6/14/2009 1:28:00 PM

I found the smell of this so disgusting that I would not buy it again. It's a weird musty smell that is really unpleasant. I would have rated this a 1 but it does make the skin very soft and smooth so I felt this made it worth a 2.

Pity about the smell - if they would only change the fragrance it could be a really good product.

Popular Bath Treatments