November 28, 2014 | 1251 users online

Treatments (Face) - Polysporin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by bambilion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I always pick at my face when im bored which i am trying really really hard to stop and my face is clearing up, i apply this to blemishes that are just coming up and that i have picked at and it works so well. I especially love to apply it to blemishes before i put my makeup on because it really helps it go on evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by suzieqs86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

heals pimples that i absentmindedly pick at. yay! hg

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by FlameKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up this product about two days ago and started using it yesterday and already see a difference in my scabs/red marks etc.

I am bad at picking (really gross and bad I know) and the red marks/scabs would never go away and I would always pick at them.

So,about five days ago I came across this product on MUA and was kinda surprised to see it had so many good reviews for pimples/scabs etc. I decided to try it out and wow I am glad I did.

I know I have not being using it for long at all but it has made the red marks fade away a lot and helped with another pimple/scab that was still there.

I would give this a try. It's not expensive and has given me better results than an on the spot treatment ever has.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

A staple in my home. I am a picker (ew i know) and if it weren't for Polysporin, I would be an acne scarred mess.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I use this as an overnight treatment for pimples. When I see a pimple forming, I add some and it usually doesn't let the pimple form or get bigger. I use it before bed time or while I'm doing chores.

I also use this as a healing treatment for pimples that I have picked at. I recently picked at one on my cheek, a week before a big event! I was using neosporin but reading the boards, everyone seemed to recommend poly better than neo. I purchased it and applied some to my pimple. I noticed that it helped it heal a lot faster than neo.

The scab healed within days. I was happy with my results! I don't use a lot of this. Only when needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by klprice1

This stuff is great. I use it, along with other stuff, as a Spot Treatment:

Ingredients are basically, Antibiotic ointment, Hydrocortisone cream, redness relieving eye drops, Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, and crushed aspirin.

-For the Hydrocortisone cream, I'll usually buy something that's the generic brand that says max strength and has aloe vera. It's not essential, but I'm kind of a "more is more" type of person.
-For the Antibiotic ointment, I usually get a generic brand that's also max strength of polysporin. I like to have as much anti-bacterial crap in there as possible.
-The mask is actually not essential for any therapeutic purpose, but it provides the ability for the entire mixture to dry, and thus minimizes rubbing off. Prior to me using the mask, the creams and ointments would rub off in the middle of the night and thus defeat the purpose of the entire treatment. I heard of people using the queen helene mask as a spot treatment and it's a staple of mine, so I naturally figured what the hell.
-The eye drops MUST be redness relieving, since their inclusion is due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Also, given that they are redness RELIEVING, and zits are red....you can see where the reasoning is going. I'll buy whatever is cheapest with the largest amount.

STEPS:
1) Put a tiny dab of the antibiotic ointment, hydrocortisone cream, and the mint mask on your (freshly cleansed) hand.
2) Add a "little bit" aspirin-say, a nickel's worth. Because I crush up a ton of pills, I'm not sure how many pills it's equivalent to. I just try to make it so that it's the majority substance in the mixture. It's really not terribly important exactly how much you put on, in my opinion. trial and error is a key concept.
3) Add an extremely small amount of eye drops at first. Keep adding the drops until the substance in your hand is "congealing" into a homogenous mixture. It'll be VERY thick, green, and grainy.
4) apply it to your zit overnight.
*I do not advise wearing the mixture during daytime due to a "jackass"-like appearance.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

This is a product for the whole family. Even my grandma likes it. My friend's dad told me he always used this for pimples and it does work at reducing inflammation and heal better. I like the fact that it is antibiotic, I guess that's how it helps for that occasional zit. I use it also when i hurt myself ( burns, cuts, rashes, etc) or to heal cuticles during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by vanilla411

This is a definite HG product! You can use this anywhere! Ive never used it on blemishes before but after reading all of these reviews i think ill try it :)
But honestly, you can use this for ANYTHING! Only thing i would say is for a better packaging, maybe its just the one i bought but mine is a tube of...well..metal? And its hard to get it out if there is only a bit left. But i honestly LOVE this!

Oh and great for mosquito bites to!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by marilyn1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi there, I'M just writing this review, because this cream never worked for me and I wondered why all others here have such great results with it. Well, actually I had a very painful inflammation under my eyebrow and it swelled like hell.
I put this on, but again without any results. I showed it to my doctor and asked for an other medication, but he said this cream is quite fine, BUT I have to use it every two hours to get good results.
When I followed this instruction, the inflammation dissappeared within one day - I wanted to pass this instruction on to all of you, cause it really makes THE difference!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not believe in "miracle" products and this is no exception but I am quite pleased. What it did: helped reduce a raging hormonal acne out break on my chin, the little white heads had diminished and the big, honking, shiny, will-never die pimples were visibly smaller. I am a notorious picker, I just can't stop! Luckily I have this for weak moments. I slather a thin layer on my chin after my cleansing routine and no scabbing or redness in the morning. Its like they had just disappeared instead of being picked into oblivion. This is not a nightly treatment, it should be reserved for bad breakouts. You can use it up to 3xs per day for no more than a week. This does not make my acne go away but it does make it easier to manage.

If you are unsure of what exactly Polysporin is, I am familiar with it because we use it in the hospital for the babies that have just been circumcised. It helps reduce redness and scabbing and aides in the healing process (kind of what it does for pimples-go figure). It is pretty much a double dose Neosporin and it's an antibiotic so it should be used sparingly so you do not create a resistance to it. But easy to find, cheap, and it works. Would recommend to all of you that are fed up with those pimples that will not die

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No