August 2, 2014 | 1003 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kknoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I tried this at the MK party, I LOVED it. It came out smoothly, it wasn't too heavy, and it added volume without clumping my lashes together. But when I actually bought it, the formula was completely different. Maybe it was older then the sample I tried, but whatever the reason, it was a disaster. Everything clumped together and made horrible spider lashes. It was really heavy and felt crusty. Awful. Really disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by nedy1105

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. It lengthens,thickens and it doesn't clump. Most importantly to me, that it doesn't flake and the color stays black all day. It's water resistant but very easy to remove. The wand is good. I just wish that it was a curved brush instead of a straight one. It's my second time purchasing it and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why everyone else has a problem with this stuff clumping. Maybe they are getting old inventory from their consultants, or maybe the mascaras are being kept in a warm place and then being shipped somewhere cold? Who knows. I got this from my old roommate who is now a MK consultant and she got it straight from them a week earlier. It works like a dream. Also, I used to be a makeup artist myself and one of the tricks I learned to keep a mascara fresh is to stir it, but not pump it as that adds air and thus bacteria. Stirring moves the formula around in the tube and keeps it homogenous, and it also moves the product around on the bristles. Also don't hesitate to clean out the mascara wand every now and again to get old product out. These things will help keep your mascara working well for at least 2-3 months.

Their black is SUPER black, it stands out against any eyeshadow I love that about this mascara. It gives great length and volume and generally just amplifies really well. I've never had a problem with flaking or smudging or clumping or anything like that. And their eye makeup remover works like a charm on this stuff, I just put a little on a cotton round and it comes right off. (I do this before I shower and whatever I don't get with the makeup round comes off with face wash). This stuff is "waterproof/wash off" which means that it will come off in the shower if you use enough face wash but it's always better to use the makeup remover first. It does tend to stick a little if you don't and then it ends up under your eyes.

This mascara isn't my holy grail (I still haven't found the one mascara that makes me go "WOW!"), but it comes pretty close for the price and how long it lasts. Definitely buy this if you are on the fence!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Ehh, I don't really care for this mascara. When I first put it on I actually liked this mascara because it made my lashes long but it did clump very easily. For me it didn't really hold a curl very well and it flaked under my eyes really bad after a couple of hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was rather impressed with this mascara. I had heard from a friend that this was one of her favorite Mary Kay products so I decided to try it out. First of all I love the packaging. The shape of the tube makes it so easy to hold. The mascara really seemed to define and lengthen my lashes and even gave them some volume. It didn't weigh my eyelashes down either like some mascara. I could see where some people might have a little trouble with clumping if you build this up but I didn't have any problems at all since on a daily basis I'm too lazy to put more than one coat of mascara on. It stayed on a decent amount of time even though I have watery eyes sometimes and oily eyelids. I woud repurchase if I didn't have that problem with my eyes and the way to purchase this was different. I really need waterproof tubing mascara so I can use mascara on my bottom eye lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Damn! I borrowed this from my mom while on vacation and was impressed by how long and defined my lashes looked. They did get a bit clumpy/spidery with a second coat, but I also didn't have a lash brush with me which would have helped. For the record, I am half asian with long but sparse, straight eyelashes that lose their curl quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by klivesey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this mascara after attending a MK party. at the party the mascara seemed to lengthen and define my lashes. however, the actual product did the exact opposite. it made all of my lashed clump together with the use of very little product. i found it to be a nightmare to work with, seeing how it left little to no color on my lashes, and layering was next to impossible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok let me start off by stating the few good thing about it. it comes in a cute little tube... ok i think thats it lol. sorry MK i use a lot of your products and they are very good! but this just doesnt work for me. it clumps up on my eye lashes andd the brush andd the opening in the tube! and dont even think about applying later on in the day, it clumps so bad and looks awful. it makes your lashes stick together in a big messy clump. i hope it works better for others (which it works for my mom, thats all shes used for as long as i can remember) but i wont be using it anymore.. sorry MK!
UPDATE: i gave this another try and it wasnt as bad as i remembered. i got a new tube. it still clumps on the brush and around the opening an the tube but not so much on my eyelashes. GREAT at lengthening but its very easy to get this clumpy so be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by curlyjo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara. It makes my lashes fuller, doesn't clump and doesn't flake. I used to use Lancome for years but replaced it with this. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

I purchased this last week at a Mary Kay party after trying it out. What I like the most about it is the formula- it is fairly thin, so it's easy to build from a natural look to a very full lash. I haven't had any problems with clumping, flaking, or running even with weather being in the 90s and humid. Awesome. However, I'm not a huge fan of the brush. Actually, I thought that the cheap, stiff trial mascara wand I used at the party yielded better results. The brush it comes with isn't bad- it doesn't clump- but it's very difficult to get into the inside corners of my lashes without getting bit of mascara on my lid. This could very well be because it's so new and the product tends to collect there for now while in the tube. I'm sure it will get better.
For now, I do really like it. Do I think it's worth $15? Yes. Does that mean that I like paying $15 for mascara? no. Not sure if I'll re-purchase yet. I think that a comparable drugstore mascara is Maybelline's Lash Stilletto, so I may go back to that, since it comes in waterproof and Mary Kay's does not.