December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received a decent sized sample of this from Sephora. It lasted for about a week (give or take) and I used it as directed. I found the instructions to be a bit comfusing at first, so I went on Sephora's website and watched the video on the product page. My complexion has been radiant since I began using this. However, I also began using Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and Perricone MD Photo Plasma Moisturizer in conjunction with this product. Also, I'm 26 years old with zero lines or wrinkles so far. Therefore, I'm really not sure if using this product alone would achieve the same results. Once I ran out of the moisturizer, I switched to Ponds Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream in its place.
I used this product most mornings and nights (I did not use it when showering). I did not experience any irritation or break outs. I did find the smell to be yucky, and would hold my breath during application. I've noticed some people love the smell while others hate it. Even though I found the smell to be disgusting, I loved the product so much that I was able to move past that. I know others won't. I felt the pros outweighed the negative smell. I would like to emphasize the importance of using this product as directed. You are supposed to apply to product directly to your skin before using ANY water on your face or hands. THEN you wet the muslin cloth with hot water and drape it over your entire face so as to open your pores and soften the cleanser (it's a thick, waxy texture when first applied). You are to repeat this three more times. Then you wipe the product off with the muslin cloth in circular motions. Then you are to apply the cloth to your face with cold water so as to close your pores.
That's a lot of work for merely washing your face, which is why I deducted a lippie. Also, the price is a bit steep. ($50 for a small jar, $135 for a large jar.) I do really love this product and may end up purchasing it after all. If you're looking for an effective skin care regimen, I would give this system a shot.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by yummytofu

It's not terrible but for the price it is atrocious. It made the texture of my skin really rough and dry, despite it's so called 'moisturizing properties'. It made me break out a little but nothing crystic , just little clogged pores! It didnt do anything drastically terrible but it was never a 'must have' product for me , something I'd only use if all my other cleansers ran out. Bottom line: I'd give this a miss if I were you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Taipeibaby

My friend gave me a sample of it and at first I was a little skeptical. But after I tried it, the next thought I have is, I need to get it. I have been using it for 2 months now and I see my face cleared up through out this period of time and less black heads now. The makeup removing power is great too and it's really gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Bekazi

Love it!! If used properly along with the Eve Lom cloth - you can achieve glowing skin! I love the texture & consistency, i love massaging it in, I love everything about it. To top it off it has a lovely subtle aromatherapy scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by olia041983

I got it yesterday as a sample and I'm hooked! Amazing! My skin looked soooo good this morning after washing my face with this stuff last night. I couldn't believe what I saw. The only two cons are it smells so bad, fishy smell and it costs too much. But a little is all you need because it is so greasy and you can really spread a small amount all over the face. The cloth is so soft, soft doesn't even describe it! I will purchase it again absolutely! Oh and I also heard that gwyneth Paltrow uses it and that's just one of many celebrities.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by michellehelm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't add anything to many of the OTHER well-written 5-star reviews of this product -- just wanted to weigh in with a "how did I live before I gave in and tried this remarkable stuff" comment. It is seriously THAT big a game-changer for me (someone that formerly dreaded any skincare process that involved the word "ritual")... WHY did I wait so long to give this amazing cleanser a try?! (The manner in which this product clearly polarizes users is interesting as well... And I frankly presumed I'd end up well in the "meh" camp.)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Andekate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There is no doubt that my skin LOVES this product-it always feels amazing after I use it. The product smells great and feels divine on my skin as it's a thick, almost waxy luxurious paste.
Unfortunately this product is time consuming as there are multiple steps involved with holding hot and cold cloths to your face. For this reason and the fact that it is very expensive I only use it once a week which is a shame as it really does deliver excellent results. I also don't think that it is best used in the shower but others might not agree with me here.
I would only recommend this product to people who have the time, money and energy to use this product daily. Also you need to wash the cloth after every few applications so I recommend purchasing a few cloths.
Saying that I do understand why it has been referred to by beauty experts as the 'best cleanser in the world.'

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a sample size of this... the cleanser seems fine. The muslin cloth seems pretty gimmicky, to me. It does not stay hot from tap to face, like a regular washcloth would. It removed makeup just fine, but nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh Eve Lom Cleanser, how I love thee...
The original balm cleanser, predating the Emma Hardie's and the LEarle's by the late 1980 (90?), this poor cleanser is a divisive little badger, some love it, and others (most, ha!) hate it. I am on the loving side of things, and dare I say it... HG side of things with this baby. Prior to this, and I'm being totally honest here, I would NEVER take my make-up off before going to bed. NEVER. However, this year I decided that I wanted to make a change, because my skin was starting to suffer- it had turned grey, lost its vitality and just didn't look youthful anymore... which is horrible because it's SUPPOSED to look youthful at my age! Anyway, so I realized that at the heart of my problems, was my idiotic make-up removal routine, or lack there-of and I decided to transition to a new, balm based cleanser, because anything else I'd used prior to this: gel/cream/solution/soap/water/lotion (lol) had all just been a pain to use and had put me off the idea of getting make-up off my face. After doing some research, considering LEarle, EHardie and even Boots Botanics, I decided to bite the bullet and go for the travel size tub of Eve Lom's cleanser. The reason I chose it was primarily because of the little routine that Lom, perhaps the most renowned facialist this side of the world has recommended, to be precise, regimented- it seemed like a fun activity to add some spark into a routine that is otherwise boring.
This smells a little waxy and odd in the pot, but when you do the 'opening pores' section of the cleansing routine, I find that the smell of cloves and oranges just relaxes and refreshes me at the same time. So, I don't really understand what alot of people are talking about here when they complain about the smell... I also have slightly sensitive, slightly dry skin, however this has thankfully not reacted badly to my skin, in fact, I think it's contributed to an improvement in my skin. As a cleanser, this is totally effective (IF you follow Eve's method, and why wouldn't you, after buying her product, right?) it takes off the last traces of my face and cheek make-up - for eyes and lips, I use a micellar solution- and there is not a trace of anything left when I go back with a cotton pad to tone my skin.
The routine is not cumbersome either, it takes LESS than 3 minutes, and just leaves you feeling so calm and relaxed before bed. I adore this, and I understand why sensitive skins may react negatively to this because of the oils present in it, so I might suggest that very sensitive skins stay away from it, but for drier and even oily skins (your skin NEEDS sebum even if you're oily) I think this is a great way to clean your skin without stripping it in a way that other cleansers and soaps do. I am a firm believer in the no-soap strategy, unless it's Laszlo of course, and I think balm cleansers, and particularly EL are here to stay for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im a big eve lom fan, I use quite a few the products & they work a treat for my skin. I use this cleanser with the muslin cloths & my skin feels so fresh and unclogged. It smooths my face and I feel alot brighter after cleansing. The smell is not the most enticing but its not that big a deal for me. Although I find it is a bit pricey, as I have sensitive skin, when I find something that works well I stick to it! I do have to say on the bad side I dont enjoy scraping the cleanser out of that darn container though -.-