Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 1/6/2014 9:48:00 AM

I find this to be an excellent cleanser. I have oily, spot-prone skin and this really seems to calm my skin down. I use it once or twice a week with a hot cloth (I find the muslin cloth ok, but a normal facecloth works better). My skin feels very clean and smooth afterwards, like having a professional facial. I wear waterproof mascara and it removes this easily. Obviously the price is very off-putting but I think it's worth it. As it's so expensive, I would advise getting a trial sample first, as from the reviews it doesn't seem to suit every skin type.

on 11/28/2013 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I`ve been using this for a week now and it has not made me break out. Using the muselin cloths help exfoliate the skin and make it smoother. I have definitely noticed a positive difference in smoothness. And it has helped my moisturizer absorb more effectively, in my opinion. I removed make up with make-up remover. Then I shower which will help open up the pores and soften your skin. After, I do the cleansing and exfoliating with the cloth. Don`t apply too much pressure or rub for too long or your skin will tear (as like mine did a little bit). If this happens or you don`t need daily exfoliating, use the cleanser without the cloth and splash with water after. I`ll update later with progress.

on 11/18/2013 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a decent sized sample of this from Sephora. It lasted for about a week (give or take) and I used it as directed. I found the instructions to be a bit comfusing at first, so I went on Sephora's website and watched the video on the product page. My complexion has been radiant since I began using this. However, I also began using Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and Perricone MD Photo Plasma Moisturizer in conjunction with this product. Also, I'm 26 years old with zero lines or wrinkles so far. Therefore, I'm really not sure if using this product alone would achieve the same results. Once I ran out of the moisturizer, I switched to Ponds Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream in its place.
I used this product most mornings and nights (I did not use it when showering). I did not experience any irritation or break outs. I did find the smell to be yucky, and would hold my breath during application. I've noticed some people love the smell while others hate it. Even though I found the smell to be disgusting, I loved the product so much that I was able to move past that. I know others won't. I felt the pros outweighed the negative smell. I would like to emphasize the importance of using this product as directed. You are supposed to apply to product directly to your skin before using ANY water on your face or hands. THEN you wet the muslin cloth with hot water and drape it over your entire face so as to open your pores and soften the cleanser (it's a thick, waxy texture when first applied). You are to repeat this three more times. Then you wipe the product off with the muslin cloth in circular motions. Then you are to apply the cloth to your face with cold water so as to close your pores.
That's a lot of work for merely washing your face, which is why I deducted a lippie. Also, the price is a bit steep. ($50 for a small jar, $135 for a large jar.) I do really love this product and may end up purchasing it after all. If you're looking for an effective skin care regimen, I would give this system a shot.

on 10/6/2013 11:43:00 PM

It's not terrible but for the price it is atrocious. It made the texture of my skin really rough and dry, despite it's so called 'moisturizing properties'. It made me break out a little but nothing crystic , just little clogged pores! It didnt do anything drastically terrible but it was never a 'must have' product for me , something I'd only use if all my other cleansers ran out. Bottom line: I'd give this a miss if I were you.

on 8/24/2013 10:52:00 PM

My friend gave me a sample of it and at first I was a little skeptical. But after I tried it, the next thought I have is, I need to get it. I have been using it for 2 months now and I see my face cleared up through out this period of time and less black heads now. The makeup removing power is great too and it's really gentle.

on 8/15/2013 6:43:00 PM

Love it!! If used properly along with the Eve Lom cloth - you can achieve glowing skin! I love the texture & consistency, i love massaging it in, I love everything about it. To top it off it has a lovely subtle aromatherapy scent.

on 6/16/2013 10:49:00 AM

I got it yesterday as a sample and I'm hooked! Amazing! My skin looked soooo good this morning after washing my face with this stuff last night. I couldn't believe what I saw. The only two cons are it smells so bad, fishy smell and it costs too much. But a little is all you need because it is so greasy and you can really spread a small amount all over the face. The cloth is so soft, soft doesn't even describe it! I will purchase it again absolutely! Oh and I also heard that gwyneth Paltrow uses it and that's just one of many celebrities.

on 5/24/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't add anything to many of the OTHER well-written 5-star reviews of this product -- just wanted to weigh in with a "how did I live before I gave in and tried this remarkable stuff" comment. It is seriously THAT big a game-changer for me (someone that formerly dreaded any skincare process that involved the word "ritual")... WHY did I wait so long to give this amazing cleanser a try?! (The manner in which this product clearly polarizes users is interesting as well... And I frankly presumed I'd end up well in the "meh" camp.)

on 5/20/2013 11:34:00 PM

There is no doubt that my skin LOVES this product-it always feels amazing after I use it. The product smells great and feels divine on my skin as it's a thick, almost waxy luxurious paste.
Unfortunately this product is time consuming as there are multiple steps involved with holding hot and cold cloths to your face. For this reason and the fact that it is very expensive I only use it once a week which is a shame as it really does deliver excellent results. I also don't think that it is best used in the shower but others might not agree with me here.
I would only recommend this product to people who have the time, money and energy to use this product daily. Also you need to wash the cloth after every few applications so I recommend purchasing a few cloths.
Saying that I do understand why it has been referred to by beauty experts as the 'best cleanser in the world.'

on 5/6/2013 11:02:00 AM

Got a sample size of this... the cleanser seems fine. The muslin cloth seems pretty gimmicky, to me. It does not stay hot from tap to face, like a regular washcloth would. It removed makeup just fine, but nothing special.