September 22, 2014 | 1558 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

got a sample of this exfoliator from Kiehls and I loved it at first try. My skin was really glowing after using this. This product is a bit abrasive though. Even though I love this so much for the glowing effect, it doesn't really remove whiteheads and blackheads like my HG scrub does (Clinique Exfoliating Scrub). The price is high though. I will purchase this product but not at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Camille0246

Eliminate blackheads, makes your skin so soft, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Hildah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does not live up to its claims. Even with lots of water it feels like sand. I put up with the irritaion in hopes to see results....none. A waste of time and money.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

Was recommended by the shop assistant as an alternative product to microdermabrasion which you can perform at the comfort at your own home. Hmm, sounds promising.

According to the instructions, you're not supposed to exceed twice a week, and only 45 secs per usage. So, how different is this scrub compared to other conventional scrubs ? Honestly, not much.

The only thing i can tell is that it has very small grains of scrubs that is somewhat abrasive to the skin (but provides very thorough exfoliation). Seriously, don't go too rough on the skin, i'm not sure if it only claims to remove the outer dead cells or the SKIN itself.

Perhaps this would be a more suitable treatment for people who wants a more thorough exfoliation (eg, scars from past acne etc), people who only exfoliate skin once/month ? Would not recommend this for normal-skinned people. Would not repurchase this, but not because it's not a good product, but probably not something i would need at the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by chob92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just picked up a free sample and let me tell you this product is great! It makes my skin feel smooth and soft, i just applied it in the shower and it was easy to put on and remove. However the product does feel like it seriously removing from skin though. i would definitely buy this product, however ill wait until tomorrow morning to see if there's any side effects. Fingers crossed!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by atsitl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I admit, I have sensitive and acne prone skin. That's why I thought that good exfoliation would solve some problems, and the shop assistant recommended this product. I followed the instructions carefully, not using it for more than two minutes. The next day my chin was full of pimples. As if all those little items in the cream cut my skin imperfections like razors, and all those small cuts (which were not visible first place) became perfect vessels for new pimples! I tried this product one more time, just to confirm before the final decision- guess what, same results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ImmiMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scrub. It's better than other facial scrubs I've bought and it's even better than my Eve Lom muslin cloth for exfoliating. The first time I used it my face went red but since then not at all. It's very expensive but for me it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

I prefer this over the Brightening Exfoliator (for daily use). In my opinion, this is milder on my dry skin, the latter is much more harsh and create dryness on my skin afterwash. In between my massage over my face by using this product, I can feel my face is instantly smoother and softer. I like how it makes my skin so soft however it didn't deliver a brightening effect (kind of deep cleansing effect that I'm looking for). Estee Lauder Idealist Dual Action Refinishing Treatment did provide that brightening feel but at the same time I couldn't feel the exfoliating particulars much compare to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by blublu

Works great! I massage gently into damp (not dripping wet) skin with light pressure for about two minutes, no longer. I prefer to think of it as a polishing action, rather than a sanding action. I'm left with skin, albeit slightly red, that feels invigorated. I would be okay using it the day of an important event, so long as it wasn't part of the immediate routine just before getting ready for the event. Since this product sloughs off excess "stuff" from my skin's surface, seems like whatever I put on next soaks in more readily, which I would think would enhance its effectiveness. It's fun to use it right before bed & then pile on the beauty treatments afterwards & then try to lie on the pillow as long as possible to keep it all intact before rolling over on your side. (The pile-on is not recommended unless you are sleeping alone that night!) There have been no problems associated with using this scrub, and I will most certainly buy another tube when this one is empty. I honestly think Kiehls has really hit one out of the park with this product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Min90

The scrub has definitely got the most refined particles out of all the body & facial scrubs I've used before. I use it once/twice a week and it does do a great job at smoothing my skin. I have never felt any of the tingly sensations that other users have - and I'm quite sure I've used it up to the two minute period. Besides the obvious smoothing effects I have noticed perhaps a slight reduction in pore size as well as breakouts. My skin also seems brighter and healthier after I use it too.