September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by jenniegirl

i used this cleanser before for a period of time.
i would say i find it weird because i had both extremely gentle cleanser and cold cream cleanser.
The cold cream cleanser was supposed to be for dry to extremely dry skin.
after using however, i felt that it dries me out a little. i have dehydrated skin with oily tzone.

the smell is okay with me, although it really doesnt smell very pleasant.
the price is great for such a big tub.
it doesnt really foam much but thats ok with me. but if given a choice, i would choose extremely gentle cleanser over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by flymbulous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the 400 ml cleanser that came in a pump bottle. It lathers up well and cleanses the skin gently. No filmy layer left on the skin. Very pleasant to use. Not sure if it can remove makeup though. I find it milder than the Soapless Foaming cleanser but this cleans better than the Cleansing gel for normal/combi skin (can't remember the name of the latter, it's the one that doesn't lather up and feels a bit like Cetaphil).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Product description:
A gentle, soap free alternative for dry sensitive skin. Avène Cold Cream cleansing gel cleanses the skin while protecting the hydrolilpidic film of the skin, so it can be used on the most sensitive skin, from babies through to adults.

I purchased a 400mL bottle for $32 (AUD) from Priceline.

Skin type: normal/dry, acne-prone and resistant.

This cleanser comes in a good sized bottle with a hygienic pump top and like the packaging of all Avene products it's simple but nice.
Avene Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel with Cold Cream is an effective but gentle cleanser that cleans my skin without causing any stripping, over-drying or breakouts and was suitable to use when I was on Accutane.

Although this cleanser was great, I liked it but I didn't love it. I'm not usually bothered by scents but I couldn't get past the smell of this cleanser, which is the reason behind why I gave up using this product. I may repurchase sometime and see how I go with the scent because this is a genuinely good product and it deserves another shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Product description:

I purchased a 400mL bottle for $32 (AUD) from Priceline.

Skin type: normal/dry, acne-prone and resistant.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mstracy

Very rich (and thick) cleansing gel. Not at all drying. Works great for shaving legs. Fragrance free. Decent price. It is a huge pump dispenser bottle. 13 oz bottle for $22 (at drugstore.com). Great for dry winter skin. Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Bottle says "Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel for dry and very dry sensitive skin." Hence putting same review under both names listed here.

An unreserved 5 lippies. Excellent basic cleanser for sensitive skin. Does what it's supposed to. It cleans skin: neither stripping it nor leaving a greasy film. Skin just feels clean and comfortable.

Easy to use, and can be used all over. For face and neck: squeeze or pump a small quantity into palm of hand, rub hands together (it foams very very slightly), and apply. Not much is needed. As a body-wash, applied via one of those pouffy things. Little odour: a hint of orange-flower water maybe (orange and rosemary oils, wayyyy down the ingredients list). Nothing to bug this nose.

After experiments with more complicated things went wrong, I'm all for basics that work and leave skin clean, clear, comfortable, looking and feeling good. (Skin here: physically thin, irritable, can go to dry patches and to oily T-zone, cystic acne on chin; thanks once again to the redeeming powers of Avene and no make-up, skin now "normal" - neither dry nor oily, feels comfortable, looks even, smooth and fine-grained to the touch.)

Available in a 250 ml tube or a 400 ml pump bottle; the latter is more convenient in the shower. Like all Avene products (and others from the Pierre Fabre group), not tested on animals, but extensively tested in labs on sensitive-skinned humans. Prices vary widely: I paid GBP 7.00 for a 250 ml tube, then EUR 11.00 for the 400 ml bottle (online). It looks like that 400 ml bottle is going to last me a good year, used daily.

INGREDIENTS: Avene thermal spring water, disodium cocamphodiacetate, myristic acid, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, coc-glucoside, glycerin, sodium cocoyl isethionate, isohexadecane, cocamidopropyl dimethylaminohydroxypropyl hydrogenated collagen, sodium lauryl sarcosinate, ceteareth-60 myristyl glycol, beeswax, cetyl alcohol, orange oil, glyceryl stearate, propylparaben, rosemary leaf oil, salt, styrene/acrylates copolymer, triclosan, xanthan gum continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

This cleanser didn't catch my attention until it'd become a free gift with Avene purchse. i was then surprised it isn't popular. On the bottle it says for dry to very dry sensitive skin, but i think it works for combo. it actually works much better than high ends fansy little face wash that costs ridiculously.
Consider its size and price, this is a FANTASTIC cleanser. i don't remove my makeup with just one cleanser because that will require the cleanser to add some harsh cleansing ingredient in order to complete the process. this stuff is great for my very reactive and combo skin. it's foaming, which many mild cleansers don't provide; plus, it comes with a pump dispenser and it's 400ml. does have some scent but is bearable.
Pro: clean well, leave skin's natural oil intact,low cost $29 CAD
Con: EDIT: CAN be drying..unfortunately this does contain soap base...:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by raindropz

Definitely leaves my skin nice/hydrated. I thought a cream-based cleanser would be too much for my combination skin, but my dermatologist gave me a sm bottle as sample, and i loved it. scent free, gentle, rich (but not at all greasy) and ,definitely non-irritating.
EDIT: I'm surprised this cleanser is low on popularity, it's my HG cleanser! It comes in a huge bottle, and after finishing that, I decided to give other cleansers a try. I find nothing is as good, so I went and bought my 2nd giant bottle last week. The bottle says it's for dry/very dry skin, but not so in my case. I have sensitive/combination skin (oily in t-zone, dry on chees) + acne-prone, and it works wonders for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

I have been using this cleanser for 7 years (or probably longer). I had extremely sensitive and unhealthy skin while I was in my early 20s. My doctor recommended it to me, and I have used it for both face and body. It really soothes and calms my redness and itchiness. It cleans well without leaving dryness. Now, since my skin is not that sensitive anymore, I use it on my body only when I need to. However, I still use it as a facial cleanser every evening after my makeup remover. It can clean up the waterproof mascara residue that the eye-makeup remover can't. I have to say that Avene cold cream gel surgras is my skin savior.